If GW2 ever go into Maintenance Mode later on, would you all be ok with new Elite Specs be sold?

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Personally I hate the way the current elites are used. level up to 80, learn to play your character, whoops stop, lets re-learn to play your character again differently from the way you played it during the leveling process when you are supposed to be learning your class, not after you hit 80.

I dont understand what you mean. if you talking purely from a role player perspective, well in real life you also are always learning, and masteries are just that.

I'm not only not OK with this. I'm **absolutely** for a NO. Why to buy new specializations? Only to see them nerfed few months later? Or, even worse, to see the "unique" features given to other classes and my "specialization" becoming weaker on its "strong" points than a random class having on a core trait what I bought?

Yes, I'm talking here about the Chronomancer. Its "unique" feature is not only a common bonus now (instead of a distinct/unstrippable feature). But other classes are now better than the Chronomancer in everything a Chrono was designed to do.

I bet, other classes have something to say about how the specialization(s) was on release and how it is now.

Why to buy?

> @"kratan.4619" said:

> Personally I hate the way the current elites are used. level up to 80, learn to play your character, whoops stop, lets re-learn to play your character again differently from the way you played it during the leveling process when you are supposed to be learning your class, not after you hit 80.

Nothing on the way to level 80 makes you learn to play your character. Nothing post level 80 makes you learn your character unless you specifically aim to learn to play properly, for which an investment of 1-2 hours to get the masteries for an elite specialization is absolutely insignificant.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> The deal is, if the game doesn't keep getting content AND new ways to play classes through Elite specs, then I consider it a game I no longer want to play.

>

> No new content = dead game. No new elite specs = stagnating game.

u already completed all content in the game? are u one of these 40k ap + dudes ?

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> down the road if GW2 ever goes into Maintenance Mode, with no Expansions/New Content maps updates,

>

> would you be ok with the remaining developers to make Elite Specs for weapons that arent yet playable for each class, and sell them over time on the gem store?

>

> ---------------------

> Edit:

>

> I was thinking about the vast number of different elite specs that would be possible, if each elite spec had its own unique weapon for each class. But with each elite spec coming out with new expansions, and new expansions coming every 2-3+ years

>

> it wouldnt be surprising for the game to eventually go into Maintenance Mode before all Elite Spec/Weapon options per class would be completed. Which sparks the reason I made this thread.

Do you know what “maintenance mode” means?