Living story should be once a year and main focus be on WvW/PvP/Raids/Dungeons/Fractals/Guilds/Other

Ruufio.1496

For one, people would actually be excited for living story and it could also be a couple of chapters in 1 at that release cadence.

For two, that would mean content. When I think of content, the best example that I know of is RuneScape. Pretty much every update they ever do is a content update - but perhaps it's easier for them because there is so much to do in that game (fishing, treasure trails, castle wars, list goes on for almost infinity).

Like really, everything to do with guilds is a joke. How about some sort of _in-game_ ranking system for guilds in WvW? Listing guild sizes, contribution to WvW, KDR, their impact in WvW for the week - maybe even more rewards for guilds who contribute the most in WvW (but somehow making the system so it can't be abused and not overshadowing smaller guilds) A GvG system for guilds of all sizes and different tier sizes and kitten. How to do all of this? I don't get paid to think about that but Anet have had years to think about it.

And why not release brand new content releases such as polymock? Polymock could have been mobile and minis could have been taken seriously. Again - look at RuneScape, people care when they get a mini. No one cares here. Revamp the entire mini system/drops and make a polymock arena.

All of this can be done if you stop putting 80% of your resources into the kitten living story. We would have already _had_ all of this, actually.

> @"Ruufio.1496" said:

> For one, people would actually be excited for living story and it could also be a couple of chapters in 1 at that release cadence.

> For two, that would mean content. When I think of content, the best example that I know of is RuneScape. Pretty much every update they ever do is a content update - but perhaps it's easier for them because there is so much to do in that game (fishing, treasure trails, castle wars, list goes on for almost infinity).

>

> Like really, everything to do with guilds is a joke. How about some sort of _in-game_ ranking system for guilds in WvW? Listing guild sizes, contribution to WvW, KDR, their impact in WvW for the week - maybe even more rewards for guilds who contribute the most in WvW (but somehow making the system so it can't be abused and not overshadowing smaller guilds) A GvG system for guilds of all sizes and different tier sizes and kitten. How to do all of this? I don't get paid to think about that but Anet have had years to think about it.

>

> And why not release brand new content releases such as polymock? Polymock could have been mobile and minis could have been taken seriously. Again - look at RuneScape, people care when they get a mini. No one cares here. Revamp the entire mini system/drops and make a polymock arena.

>

> All of this can be done if you stop putting 80% of your resources into the kitten living story. We would have already _had_ all of this, actually.

I disagree with your cadence - LS/PVE/Story is always going to be the biggest draw and bread and butter of an mmo.

However, as said player who mostly plays that content, I do agree those others shouldn't be a neglected as you are. You will never be the main focus, but the balance def should be better or at least fairer

It seems like what you really want is WvW improvements. I wish I had more to say about WvW, but I absolutely loathe it, and only go in there to farm Gifts of Battle from time to time. I like sPvP and PvE - but I feel like WvW combines the worst aspects of sPvP and PvE, and is unrewarding to boot.

As for the stream of smaller content releases, I have strong feelings that it's the wrong way to go. I already don't like the idea that they've stepped away from dropping large expac releases and instead will trickle out comparable features through living world/saga. Primarily, I'm guessing it's something of a cop-out on Anet's part: they don't have to come out and admit they're not going to push big updates like we saw in HoT and PoF, and if we get disappointed that a saga chapter comes and goes without elite specs or better masteries, they can fall back on "we only said expansion-_like_ content."

On the other hand, if they do really intend to deliver a HoT- or PoF-like change but just want to distribute it across a slower saga release over time, I feel like they're doing the same amount of work, but we'll give them less credit for it (since the impact is distributed over a much longer period of time), and not being able to charge us for that level of work.

I feel like a steady stream of content like Polymock would be fun, but it would end up in the same place - a lot of developer work for very little player payoff. I'd prefer that they take that same time and do a saga chapter, so at least we notice meaningful forward progress.

The reason they aren't working on other things is because they lost most of those teams. It'll take time for the new employees to learn the systems, familiarise themselves with the code and tools, and all of that. Just give it a good six months or so.

Turnover is a part of the game's industry, and its consequences are unavoidable.

You'll have to wait for Alliances for Guilds to have rankings, or whatever. Otherwise, 2 (or more) Guild members could just take turns defeating each other to pad their rank (since WvW is separated by World rather than Guild).

I think many players would stop playing for long stretches if PvE only got an update (of 2 Episodes, or worse yet, 2 chapters) once a year. I know I would.

LW attracts most players:

- the veterans get rewarded for staying around, new content, new achievements and new skins

- the jumpers return for a night or two, until the new achievements are grinded through

- new players are joining for the game itself, the LW concept or just that LS episode in particular as they have read about it somewhere

The jumpers and the new players attract others to give it a try, which leads to game-purchases in the long run. Due to the F2P option, it is pretty easy to take a look into the PvE content quickly. In sPvP and WvW, you need expansions nowadays or have to be very skilled. The Elite Specializations are way too overpowered.

Personally, I would like to have new content in WvW and even in sPvP although I do not play it. The game is not only PvE, it never was.

In my guild we finally gave up waiting for the WvW world restructuring. It is not worth waiting another 1-7 years, for an event that maybe never happens at all. We started a guild rally on one of the lower populated servers.