Equipment templates and Legendary Armour - Proposed Solution

BadMed.3846

Multiple equipment templates and legendary armour just don't gel together at present. My proposed solution is:

1. Seperate out runes and upgrades from armour itself. Make them part of the equipment templates. This also means that runes become swappable for every type of armour - legendary or not. Why not? Give us this quality of life change.

2. Allow re-use of legendary armour across all equipment templates on the character it is equipped. Now we can use any runes and upgrades with each template.

3. Allow stat customisation for legendary armour within each equipment template.

This makes extraction tools useless. But, surely there are other items that can go on sale on TP ;).

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> Multiple equipment templates and legendary armour just don't gel together at present. My proposed solution is:

>

> 1. Seperate out runes and upgrades from armour itself. Make them part of the equipment templates. This also means that runes become swappable for every type of armour - legendary or not. Why not? Give us this quality of life change.

No. This should remain a legendary feature.

> 2. Allow re-use of legendary armour across all equipment templates on the character it is equipped. Now we can use any runes and upgrades with each template.

You already can.

> 3. Allow stat customisation for legendary armour within each equipment template.

>

You already can.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> 1. Seperate out runes and upgrades from armour itself. Make them part of the equipment templates. This also means that runes become swappable for every type of armour - legendary or not. Why not? Give us this quality of life change.

This, so much this. As long as runes and sigils are bound to weapons the build templates will for eternity stay inflexible.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> No. This should remain a legendary feature.

Legendaries don't need features that separate them from ascended gear. The sooner we get rid of their extra functionality the better for the whole player base. For the same reason that legendaries don't have increased statts they should not include any form of functional upgrade. Unless a similar option would be available for ascended, which currently is not the case. Therefore, separating upgrades from items would be reasonable. Would still be inferior to a attribute/rune/sigil wardrobe, but at least it would be step in the right direction for templates.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > Multiple equipment templates and legendary armour just don't gel together at present. My proposed solution is:

> >

> > 1. Seperate out runes and upgrades from armour itself. Make them part of the equipment templates. This also means that runes become swappable for every type of armour - legendary or not. Why not? Give us this quality of life change.

>

>

>

I agree. But you can still separate upgrades from the gear itself into their own slots and still have the same features for legendary items: Anet could introduce "extraction charges" much like transmutation charges. Applying an upgrade is free, removing it costs x (probably 1) Extraction Charge/s. If the gear or the upgrade is legendary, removing the upgrade is also free.

Of course this would collide with the unlimited upgrade extractor, so it would have to be repurposed to give a certain amount of charges per use (unlimited use).

Salvaging Kits would need a consume option, black lion kits always give one charge per consume, mystic have an 80% chance to give one charge, etc.

Just throwing this out there.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> Multiple equipment templates and legendary armour just don't gel together at present. My proposed solution is:

>

That is a legendary rune/sigil/weapon/armor feature. Doubtful this will get implemented since then legendary gear would become completely obsolete.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> 2. Allow re-use of legendary armour across all equipment templates on the character it is equipped. Now we can use any runes and upgrades with each template.

That is already possible and that's how legendary gear works. You are ill informed.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> 3. Allow stat customisation for legendary armour within each equipment template.

That is already possible and that's how legendary gear works. You are ill informed.

The only thing lacking at the moment would be equipment template unique wardrobe setups for legendary armor. Currently that is a major detriment to wearing legendary gear versus multiple sets of ascended.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"BadMed.3846" said:

> > Multiple equipment templates and legendary armour just don't gel together at present. My proposed solution is:

> >

> > 1. Seperate out runes and upgrades from armour itself. Make them part of the equipment templates. This also means that runes become swappable for every type of armour - legendary or not. Why not? Give us this quality of life change.

>

>

> > 2. Allow re-use of legendary armour across all equipment templates on the character it is equipped. Now we can use any runes and upgrades with each template.

>

> You already can.

>

> > 3. Allow stat customisation for legendary armour within each equipment template.

> >

>

> You already can.

>

>

I think I may have jumped to conclusion without knowing. I'll need to look into it further.