WTK the best place to farm "Pile of Crystalline Dust"

JUN YANG.4328

Hi Guys

I desperately need lots of Pile of Crystalline Dust, anyone know where the best place to farm. ATM I am at Dragonfall had some random drop by killing monster.

other way for me to get "Pile of Crystalline Dust" is TP, Trophy Shipments, Heavy Crafting Bag. but that cost me some resource like gold and Laurels, which i used all for other T6. ( i also sold lots of my other materials for gold)

Please advise if have better place. Many Thanks

I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

>

> Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

>

> But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> > Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

> >

> > Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

> >

> > But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

>

> thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

Yes, as the dungeon weapons are exotics I believe and you would also get skin unlocks as well.

> > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> > > Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

> > >

> > > Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

> > >

> > > But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

> >

> > thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

>

> Yes, as the dungeon weapons are exotics I believe and you would also get skin unlocks as well.

Sorry just one more question. if i salvage ectos ,what kit should i use? is Master's Salvage Kit got better chance to get more dust or just Crude Salvage Kit can do the job.

Thanks

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> > > > Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

> > > >

> > > > Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

> > > >

> > > > But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

> > >

> > > thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

> >

> > Yes, as the dungeon weapons are exotics I believe and you would also get skin unlocks as well.

>

> Sorry just one more question. if i salvage ectos ,what kit should i use? is Master's Salvage Kit got better chance to get more dust or just Crude Salvage Kit can do the job.

>

> Thanks

I do not know that answer.

Someone else will be able to provide a more definitive answer.

I would surmise (and possibly incorrectly) that the ‘higher’ the level of the salvage kit, the better return of actual dust, but I am not sure if cost wise, that is actually better.

If it were me I would use a Mystic Salvage Kit, because they are little expense time right now as I have WAAAYYY to many mystic forge stones (or whatever that thing is that comes out of the monthly thing)

If you have a silver fed permanent kit already, that would likely be good too.

I would not think the Crude one would be a good idea.

> > > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> > > > > Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

> > > > >

> > > > > Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

> > > > >

> > > > > But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

> > > >

> > > > thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

> > >

> > > Yes, as the dungeon weapons are exotics I believe and you would also get skin unlocks as well.

> >

> > Sorry just one more question. if i salvage ectos ,what kit should i use? is Master's Salvage Kit got better chance to get more dust or just Crude Salvage Kit can do the job.

> >

> > Thanks

>

> I do not know that answer.

>

> Someone else will be able to provide a more definitive answer.

>

> I would surmise (and possibly incorrectly) that the ‘higher’ the level of the salvage kit, the better return of actual dust, but I am not sure if cost wise, that is actually better.

>

> If it were me I would use a Mystic Salvage Kit, because they are little expense time right now as I have WAAAYYY to many mystic forge stones (or whatever that thing is that comes out of the monthly thing)

>

> If you have a silver fed permanent kit already, that would likely be good too.

>

> I would not think the Crude one would be a good idea.

thanks for letting know. I may will go with Master's Salvage Kit :)

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> > > > Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

> > > >

> > > > Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

> > > >

> > > > But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

> > >

> > > thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

> >

> > Yes, as the dungeon weapons are exotics I believe and you would also get skin unlocks as well.

>

> Sorry just one more question. if i salvage ectos ,what kit should i use? is Master's Salvage Kit got better chance to get more dust or just Crude Salvage Kit can do the job.

>

> Thanks

I don't believe the kit quality has any effect on how much dust get salvaged from an ecto, but I could be wrong. Wiki lists 1-5 dust per ecto salvaged, so to test you could always pick up a cheap kit and salvage a fee ectos to see how it compares to those numbers. No sense using a higher-grade salvage kit if it isn't going to effect what you get from salvaging.

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> > > > > I might suggest a two fold approach: farm world bosses, salvage their rares and exotics, and either sell the ecto or salvage it for Dust.

> > > > > Then when you have rotated through the bosses, find an area to farm gold (there are multiple gold farming guides) then buy either the dust or the ecto to salvage into dust depending on the exchange rate,

> > > > >

> > > > > Most of what I have seen is there is no really good way to farm that dust specifically.

> > > > >

> > > > > But I imagine there are others on this forum that will have better ideas. Good luck.

> > > >

> > > > thats for letting me know. its not too hard for me to get ecto-. i got around 100~150 by just parking my other characters on treasure box per week. plus i got token left from dungeon. that could be another way to get ecto :)

> > >

> > > Yes, as the dungeon weapons are exotics I believe and you would also get skin unlocks as well.

> >

> > Sorry just one more question. if i salvage ectos ,what kit should i use? is Master's Salvage Kit got better chance to get more dust or just Crude Salvage Kit can do the job.

> >

> > Thanks

>

> I don't believe the kit quality has any effect on how much dust get salvaged from an ecto, but I could be wrong. Wiki lists 1-5 dust per ecto salvaged, so to test you could always pick up a cheap kit and salvage a fee ectos to see how it compares to those numbers. No sense using a higher-grade salvage kit if it isn't going to effect what you get from salvaging.

Good point and thank you for chiming in for the OP. I wasn’t sure.

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Thanks

>

> I don't believe the kit quality has any effect on how much dust get salvaged from an ecto, but I could be wrong. Wiki lists 1-5 dust per ecto salvaged, so to test you could always pick up a cheap kit and salvage a fee ectos to see how it compares to those numbers. No sense using a higher-grade salvage kit if it isn't going to effect what you get from salvaging.

The wiki has salvage data linked. The Luck gained is unaffected by kit, but the dust gain *is*. Master's/Mystic etc generates an average of 1.8 dust per ecto. If you have a surplus of Black Lion Salvage Kits (I get them faster than I get gear with upgrades worth it) they give an average of 2 dust per ecto.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> You might also want to check if you have an abundance of the materials needed to just craft your own exotic gear and then break it down. There might also be exotic items that are cheap on the TP that you can place buy orders on and break down from there.

I typed yellow and than exotic and then re-typed. Need more coffee. Rare gear is what I was trying to convey, not exotic. There is a chance you will receive 0 from the salvage but again the cost to craft and break or order might be below the price of the ecto for you as an alternative.

> @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> and don't forget about using the mystic forge to promote Incandescent dust to Crystalline dust

None of the recepies to promote dust are actually worth it, since they all use a full stack of the previous tier (other fine materials, like blood or totems, use 50). You'll get more from selling the lower tier dust and buying the one you need.

hi guys, tried it last night. its really not worth to salvage ecto to dust. try both Master and Crude not much difference. used 50 ecto only got 66 dust. which is really high chance to get only 1 dust per ecto. never seen 3 dust from 1 ecto. not sure how rare can get to 5 dust. in this case i would rather sell ecto and buy dust. thanks for the tips anyway

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> hi guys, tried it last night. its really not worth to salvage ecto to dust. try both Master and Crude not much difference. used 50 ecto only got 66 dust. which is really high chance to get only 1 dust per ecto. never seen 3 dust from 1 ecto. not sure how rare can get to 5 dust. in this case i would rather sell ecto and buy dust. thanks for the tips anyway

A bit small sample size, and how much did you do of each kit? 66 dust from 50 ecto is ~1.32 dust/ecto - pretty close to the expected 1.46 using Crude.

I'd recommend at least going 100 with Mystic, or even better a stack.

Mystic should result in ~1.85, so a full stack of ecto salvaged should be ~460 dust. (Plus an absolute boatload of Luck, if you're not already maxed on that!)

Ignoring the Luck, ecto salvaging isn't *drastically* better than just buying dust straight, just *slightly* better. The way the economy works in this game, the only way something is much cheaper to do yourself than buy it is if it's gated, usually by time.