End Server Transfers

Malavian.4695

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anet does not care, more and more they treat this as a business only looking for profit and having little care about having satisfied cst from the game mode that does not make them good money. We are all suckers that keep having faith in this to get fixed, and thats why every time i get back after 4 or 6 months i give up for an additional 2 years or so just to confirm that things did not improve but rather get worst and less people.

They just dont learn.

Transfers are like anything else in the game . They can be used or abused . Transfers are good thing for keeping friends together and bringing new friends into the group.So I don't agree with stopping them entirely . I agree that there should be an increase in cost to the people that abuse the system and transfer on a regular basis just to stay on a winning server. Because in a sense it is pay to win. Fact is fact. No point in trying to hide it.

Transfers need to stack an increase in price of 10% each time an account uses it and have a refresh rate of a certain period time between each transfer. For example the first transfer would have a 2 week refresh before the 10% resets back to zero the second transfer before the refresh would cost 20% with a 3 week refresh and so on . So basically you would refresh 10% after 2weeks and 10% every week there after as long as you stay in a server for the refresh period . Possibly a reset after one year. Make it cost the bang wagoners and guilds that abuse the transfer system . Lets be realistic ,since the open transfer started the population balance has been a nightmare.

But then again the alliance system may make transfers completely useless anyway.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Off server to where? You do know that the actual accounts are on the servers right? booting someone off a server means moving them. So where are you booting them to?

>

> For alliances it will not matter what server you're on, because the worlds are new population pools of the players like what eotm does but on a longer term of two months at a time. Yes just like diablo or path of exile does seasons(although they don't have regular servers you have to pick, you pick normal or season to play).

>

> But right now accounts are on servers, there's isn't anything to boot players to.

>

>

>

>

>

they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> It's like people talk about server pride in wvw, but honestly, that never really existed as much as people think. People just wanted to go where people went thanks to the fact that they could, at least at first, transfer for FREE. All that really mattered was guild pride, to be honest.

Ahh... this old chestnut.

As I mentioned above, players transfer around the servers. More prominent are guilds transferring around the servers. It seems to me that independent players are less likely to transfer around the servers (I'm guessing here, is there any evidence for or against this?). If that's true, then it means that the "community" of independent players grows separately from the guilds, many of whom move around servers when they can't find the playstyle they want on their current server.

That's why the server communities exist in a different, yet connected way to the guilds. Yes, it's perfectly feasible for a player to be in both of these Venn diagram circles, but the guilds are less likely to stick around when the server drops tiers.

As for Server (World) Pride, it very much exists in a form that forum warriors fail to recognise. A lot of this failure of recognition goes back to the days of the, "we only play for fights" people who write off the objective-oriented gameplay that makes WvW fun. It's easy to say there is no World Pride, but there are many servers with a community guild. There are many servers who DO give a monkey's if they're losing their stuff, who DO NOT want to lose their Tier 3 objectives, who DO turn up for a massive scrap at Garrison. Losing these things is a poke in the eye. Players SHOULD be saddened about losing them - and this sadness SHOULD happen on a collective level. Players should NOT just log off or transfer away when the going gets tough. But they DO, because it's EASY.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> As I mentioned above, players transfer around the servers. More prominent are guilds transferring around the servers. It seems to me that independent players are less likely to transfer around the servers (I'm guessing here, is there any evidence for or against this?). If that's true, then it means that the "community" of independent players grows separately from the guilds, many of whom move around servers when they can't find the playstyle they want on their current server.

> That's why the server communities exist in a different, yet connected way to the guilds. Yes, it's perfectly feasible for a player to be in both of these Venn diagram circles, but the guilds are less likely to stick around when the server drops tiers.

> As for Server (World) Pride, it very much exists in a form that forum warriors fail to recognise. A lot of this failure of recognition goes back to the days of the, "we only play for fights" people who write off the objective-oriented gameplay that makes WvW fun. It's easy to say there is no World Pride, but there are many servers with a community guild. There are many servers who DO give a monkey's if they're losing their stuff, who DO NOT want to lose their Tier 3 objectives, who DO turn up for a massive scrap at Garrison. Losing these things is a poke in the eye. Players SHOULD be saddened about losing them - and this sadness SHOULD happen on a collective level. Players should NOT just log off or transfer away when the going gets tough. But they DO, because it's EASY.

this could have been said in the past... but not since linkings... its now all but pointless trying to build any community.

in my case i transfered with my 1st guild but ended up being an independant player that transfered alot in search of what i had with my 1st guild ( that disbanded). and it took a few transfers to find it... if id stayed on my 1st server, in line with server pride etc.. a year n half later server pride was diminished with the arrival of linkings anyway...

the 1st 3 years of wvw for me were the best in terms of feeling like u made a diffrence on ur server... then came hot expac, and DBL, the 1st big mistake by anet, and shorltly after linkings - the biggest mistake of them all, a short term fix that ruined communitys permanantly, and made wvw feel utterly pointless for me, and 90% of the players i met or spoke to in wvw said the same.

Transfers also impacted communitys over the years, but linkings had a much more permanent impact and imo removed any point to even having a community.

atleast thats my view - right or wrong.. opinions ,,blah blah,,,etc etc.

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

>

> Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

>

> But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> >

> > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> >

> > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

>

> off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

Off servers to where?

Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

You're booting account off the servers to where?

Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

So, where are you booting people off to?

There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

What happens when they come back to play?

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > >

> > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > >

> > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> >

> > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

>

> Off servers to where?

> Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> You're booting account off the servers to where?

> Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

>

> So, where are you booting people off to?

> There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> What happens when they come back to play?

>

>

>

>

i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > >

> > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > >

> > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > >

> > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> >

> > Off servers to where?

> > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> >

> > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > What happens when they come back to play?

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

doesn't answer my question :/

Booted to where, transfer from where?

Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> @"XenesisII.1540"

>

> Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

Might need the brick wall one instead.

It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

Quite the opposite, it most definetly need designated servers and you dont have to join a guild at all.

The entire point of the alliance system would be a seamless backend that *create* the server every 2 month by using the entire pool of players, putting guilds and alliances together and randomly dumping the ones that are not in a guild/alliance. From a user perspective, it would look exactly like it does now - you're on a designated server and that server fight against other servers.

Do not confuse server with worlds. They are going to be two different pool of players, worlds pull players from servers, like megaserver, spvp or eotm does. No you don't have to join a guild, I am saying that is the only real choice you need to make, whatever server you choose on account creation will no longer matter, you only choose NA or EU after. World creation is also automated and your designated wvw guild plays a role here on your placement, otherwise you will be placed randomly wherever your account is needed during creation.

![](https://i.imgur.com/0zBQA1w.jpg "")

> Do not confuse server with worlds.

Servers are worlds. The term is interchangeable in GW2 because technically servers doesnt exist, only worlds. So one can use the same word anyway. But granted, I do say server too much. There's just one pool of players - all players in the region.

Also an account is not "on" a world to my knowledge. It's just linked to it. The account is for the region. What makes me suspect that? Because Anet bugged WvW and dumped you on random worlds once. That would have been impossible if your account was locked to the "server" that a world is.

Which is why the alliance system wont "pull players from any server to create new worlds". You just need to assign players to new worlds period.

> > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > >

> > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > >

> > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > >

> > > Off servers to where?

> > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > >

> > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

>

> doesn't answer my question :/

> Booted to where, transfer from where?

> Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

>

> There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

>

> The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

>

>

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540"

> >

> > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

>

> Might need the brick wall one instead.

> It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

>

>

>

>

I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

> @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > > >

> > > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > > >

> > > > Off servers to where?

> > > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > > >

> > > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> >

> > doesn't answer my question :/

> > Booted to where, transfer from where?

> > Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

> >

> > There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

> >

> > The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> >

> >

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540"

> > >

> > > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

> >

> > Might need the brick wall one instead.

> > It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

I guess you might be a little mistaken... Yes.., you are part of a ‘server’ that is actually a WvW server. Period. It’s been like that since the beginning.

That has been one of the reported difficulties with swapping to the alliance system.

‘Mega server’ just means they open a shard which is actually based on your ‘world’ or ‘Servers

It’s also why the RP community is worried about the introduction of alliances.

> > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > > > >

> > > > > Off servers to where?

> > > > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> > >

> > > doesn't answer my question :/

> > > Booted to where, transfer from where?

> > > Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

> > >

> > > There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

> > >

> > > The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540"

> > > >

> > > > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

> > >

> > > Might need the brick wall one instead.

> > > It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

>

> I guess you might be a little mistaken... Yes.., you are part of a ‘server’ that is actually a WvW server. Period. It’s been like that since the beginning.

>

> That has been one of the reported difficulties with swapping to the alliance system.

>

> ‘Mega server’ just means they open a shard which is actually based on your ‘world’ or ‘Servers

>

> It’s also why the RP community is worried about the introduction of alliances.

>

>

>

>

I get that moving to alliances is not an easy thing to do depending on how the whole thing was structured. But this is vastly different from alliances. You say I’m mistaken, so creating a new “default” server doesn’t work because..

I’m not even saying I agree with the idea but it’s definitely doable.

> > > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Off servers to where?

> > > > > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > > > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > > > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > > > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > > > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > > > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> > > >

> > > > doesn't answer my question :/

> > > > Booted to where, transfer from where?

> > > > Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

> > > >

> > > > There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

> > > >

> > > > The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"XenesisII.1540"

> > > > >

> > > > > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

> > > >

> > > > Might need the brick wall one instead.

> > > > It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

> >

> > I guess you might be a little mistaken... Yes.., you are part of a ‘server’ that is actually a WvW server. Period. It’s been like that since the beginning.

> >

> > That has been one of the reported difficulties with swapping to the alliance system.

> >

> > ‘Mega server’ just means they open a shard which is actually based on your ‘world’ or ‘Servers

> >

> > It’s also why the RP community is worried about the introduction of alliances.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I get that moving to alliances is not an easy thing to do depending on how the whole thing was structured. But this is vastly different from alliances. You say I’m mistaken, so creating a new “default” server doesn’t work because..

>

> I’m not even saying I agree with the idea but it’s definitely doable.

It’s as doable as deleting servers.....

Which they haven’t done since before release.

> > > > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Off servers to where?

> > > > > > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > > > > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > > > > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > > > > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > > > > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > > > > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> > > > >

> > > > > doesn't answer my question :/

> > > > > Booted to where, transfer from where?

> > > > > Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

> > > > >

> > > > > There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

> > > > >

> > > > > The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

> > > > >

> > > > > Might need the brick wall one instead.

> > > > > It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

> > > > >

> > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

> > >

> > > I guess you might be a little mistaken... Yes.., you are part of a ‘server’ that is actually a WvW server. Period. It’s been like that since the beginning.

> > >

> > > That has been one of the reported difficulties with swapping to the alliance system.

> > >

> > > ‘Mega server’ just means they open a shard which is actually based on your ‘world’ or ‘Servers

> > >

> > > It’s also why the RP community is worried about the introduction of alliances.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I get that moving to alliances is not an easy thing to do depending on how the whole thing was structured. But this is vastly different from alliances. You say I’m mistaken, so creating a new “default” server doesn’t work because..

> >

> > I’m not even saying I agree with the idea but it’s definitely doable.

>

> It’s as doable as deleting servers.....

>

> Which they haven’t done since before release.

I’m not convinced you’ve understood what I’m saying. The devs create a new server, im assuming you have enough confidence in them to do that. This server holds everyone you want to move to “limbo” or boot off on a bi monthly basis, what sovereign said. You transfer the players to this new server when the two months are up, now when they go to play wvw, if they’re on this new server, the menu options are greyed out and says you have to choose a server. You then choose a server.

Again not saying that this would even work, but it’s an interesting idea. It’s also not that difficult to work out how it could be done.

> > > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Off servers to where?

> > > > > > > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > > > > > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > > > > > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > > > > > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > > > > > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > > > > > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > doesn't answer my question :/

> > > > > > Booted to where, transfer from where?

> > > > > > Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Might need the brick wall one instead.

> > > > > > It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

> > > >

> > > > I guess you might be a little mistaken... Yes.., you are part of a ‘server’ that is actually a WvW server. Period. It’s been like that since the beginning.

> > > >

> > > > That has been one of the reported difficulties with swapping to the alliance system.

> > > >

> > > > ‘Mega server’ just means they open a shard which is actually based on your ‘world’ or ‘Servers

> > > >

> > > > It’s also why the RP community is worried about the introduction of alliances.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I get that moving to alliances is not an easy thing to do depending on how the whole thing was structured. But this is vastly different from alliances. You say I’m mistaken, so creating a new “default” server doesn’t work because..

> > >

> > > I’m not even saying I agree with the idea but it’s definitely doable.

> >

> > It’s as doable as deleting servers.....

> >

> > Which they haven’t done since before release.

>

> I’m not convinced you’ve understood what I’m saying. The devs create a new server, im assuming you have enough confidence in them to do that. This server holds everyone you want to move to “limbo” or boot off on a bi monthly basis, what sovereign said. You transfer the players to this new server when the two months are up, now when they go to play wvw, if they’re on this new server, the menu options are greyed out and says you have to choose a server. You then choose a server.

>

> Again not saying that this would even work, but it’s an interesting idea. It’s also not that difficult to work out how it could be done.

I understand what you are saying.

Can you understand that they haven’t created a ‘new server’ since launch?

If it were as simple as this, then ‘booting everyone off their server and redistributing them evenly’ would be easy. It would be able to be done instead of server linking, or easier than some convoluted mess that @"Sovereign.1093" is suggesting, while fully distributing players ‘equally’

> > > > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"FunkyBassline.5289" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > they'll have to make it like diablo - normal and season. exactly like it.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Ok... but they don't boot people... alliance system will be giving wvw a separate pool of population drawn from the original servers.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > But, you didn't answer the question, boot people off server to where?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > off servers. you then got to choose again. but since you mentioned the diablo 3 thing, that's a better option. it's best to just have one world server and people join wvw thru seasons choosing sides.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Off servers to where?

> > > > > > > > > Accounts are tied to servers right now, do you understand this?

> > > > > > > > > You're booting account off the servers to where?

> > > > > > > > > Wvw is tied to servers and does not have a separate population like eotm does, yet.

> > > > > > > > > Diablo is entirely instanced pve with the option to play with anyone, like megaserver.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So, where are you booting people off to?

> > > > > > > > > There is no normal and season mode for wvw.

> > > > > > > > > What happens when they come back to play?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i do. they kicked off the servers and will have to choose again. i think i wrote this statement clearly. it's like a free transfer every 2 months for actives.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > doesn't answer my question :/

> > > > > > > Booted to where, transfer from where?

> > > > > > > Servers are not globes you choose to play in whenever, they're servers your account is on. If you boot someone from wvw to restrict them from playing on that world, you're going to have to move the account to somewhere else. When they come back and choose again they're choosing to move their account there. So what limbo are you planning to boot them to?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is no separation for game modes, you don't just create an account and choose to play pve spvp wvw, when you create an account you choose a server to put the account on. In a game like diablo you choose to play normal or seasonal, when season ends the characters are moved to normal, you don't get booted if you stop playing, there's no transferring mid season, it's also all instances, not open world.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The alliance system is going to provide what you're asking for, a separate area to pool the population for wvw with the worlds, they will reshuffle every 2 months. It won't need actual designated servers anymore, with megaserver and alliances the only real choice left is joining a guild and playing with them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"XenesisII.1540"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Where is that ‘head in the sand’ picture you posted elsewhere...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Might need the brick wall one instead.

> > > > > > > It's why I don't bother to post much in the forums anymore, other than to grill.. sorry I meant ask questions of ideas.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/prBhsnh.jpg "")

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don’t understand your inability to understand his point. Remove their association with a server. Do you think it’s a dev issue or something? It’s not like it’s a rule of the universe that a gw2 account has to be associated with a wvw server. If there was some requirement that an account needs to be related to a server you’d just need to make a new “default” server and associate the account ID to that. It’s not that hard of a concept to wrap your head around.

> > > > >

> > > > > I guess you might be a little mistaken... Yes.., you are part of a ‘server’ that is actually a WvW server. Period. It’s been like that since the beginning.

> > > > >

> > > > > That has been one of the reported difficulties with swapping to the alliance system.

> > > > >

> > > > > ‘Mega server’ just means they open a shard which is actually based on your ‘world’ or ‘Servers

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s also why the RP community is worried about the introduction of alliances.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I get that moving to alliances is not an easy thing to do depending on how the whole thing was structured. But this is vastly different from alliances. You say I’m mistaken, so creating a new “default” server doesn’t work because..

> > > >

> > > > I’m not even saying I agree with the idea but it’s definitely doable.

> > >

> > > It’s as doable as deleting servers.....

> > >

> > > Which they haven’t done since before release.

> >

> > I’m not convinced you’ve understood what I’m saying. The devs create a new server, im assuming you have enough confidence in them to do that. This server holds everyone you want to move to “limbo” or boot off on a bi monthly basis, what sovereign said. You transfer the players to this new server when the two months are up, now when they go to play wvw, if they’re on this new server, the menu options are greyed out and says you have to choose a server. You then choose a server.

> >

> > Again not saying that this would even work, but it’s an interesting idea. It’s also not that difficult to work out how it could be done.

>

> I understand what you are saying.

>

> Can you understand that they haven’t created a ‘new server’ since launch?

>

> If it were as simple as this, then ‘booting everyone off their server and redistributing them evenly’ would be easy. It would be able to be done instead of server linking, or easier than some convoluted mess that @"Sovereign.1093" is suggesting, while fully distributing players ‘equally’

>

I’m not going to sit here and pretend to know how the dev team has designed their system but I can’t imagine they wouldn’t be able to create a new server. Regardless of the fact that one hasn’t been created since launch. I also don’t see a reason why they couldn’t redistribute the players as they see fit. The fact that the game works at all is a testament that at least someone on the team knows what they’re doing. The whole argument of whether the idea is possible is beside the point anyway. Of course server population is not an easy problem to solve, but I don’t think the technical details are the hold up. So, xenesis making a big deal about it not being possible is just a lack of imagination. There’s nothing wrong with throwing out ideas, it’s what the forums are for. That and complaining about the last cheese build that killed them.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"JTGuevara.9018" said:

> > It's like people talk about server pride in wvw, but honestly, that never really existed as much as people think. People just wanted to go where people went thanks to the fact that they could, at least at first, transfer for FREE. All that really mattered was guild pride, to be honest.

>

> Ahh... this old chestnut.

> As I mentioned above, players transfer around the servers. More prominent are guilds transferring around the servers. It seems to me that independent players are less likely to transfer around the servers (I'm guessing here, is there any evidence for or against this?). If that's true, then it means that the "community" of independent players grows separately from the guilds, many of whom move around servers when they can't find the playstyle they want on their current server.

> That's why the server communities exist in a different, yet connected way to the guilds. Yes, it's perfectly feasible for a player to be in both of these Venn diagram circles, but the guilds are less likely to stick around when the server drops tiers.

> As for Server (World) Pride, it very much exists in a form that forum warriors fail to recognise. A lot of this failure of recognition goes back to the days of the, "we only play for fights" people who write off the objective-oriented gameplay that makes WvW fun. It's easy to say there is no World Pride, but there are many servers with a community guild. There are many servers who DO give a monkey's if they're losing their stuff, who DO NOT want to lose their Tier 3 objectives, who DO turn up for a massive scrap at Garrison. Losing these things is a poke in the eye. Players SHOULD be saddened about losing them - and this sadness SHOULD happen on a collective level. Players should NOT just log off or transfer away when the going gets tough. But they DO, because it's EASY.

Players transfer around servers? Players transfer around _guild politics regarding_ those servers, you mean. And again, I reiterate this point: _Players transfer because they want to play with friends/guilds and don't want to lose._ The system allows for this, you just need to cough up the dough. Also there was no failure of recognition of anything then, wvw players figured the nature of the system. What was even the point of server pride where you were allowed to switch? It just didn't make any sort of sense. Tiers don't mean much either since, again...you can switch!

Example: I remember the early days of "Titan Alliance" back when I first bought this game and played wvw in the beginning. Server pride lasted all but for.....a day.

_"Players should NOT just log off or transfer away when the going gets tough. But they DO, because it's EASY."_

Exactly. But that's what happens anyway! Where is this "server pride" people keep talking about then? Also, it's the forum warriors who actually push the concept of server pride in the first place. As far as ppt goes, that's just part of the game itself. It's got nothing to do with servers. People ppt because they want to win, simple as that. Of course, there's not much point in that these days.

Lack of imagination, pretty funny considering the people who can't wrap their heads about the alliance system and what it will do.

They currently don't have a system in place for auto transfers to boot anyone to another server to reset population or if they afk for months, it's done per request from a player. Yes you can create a new side server and dump everyone there and they will also have to develop the system for this, it's the logical answer to just booting a person, but I wanted to see what Sovereign had in mind because his statement could also be taken as booting everyone off all the servers to reset them too. I've asked him 5 times he still hasn't clearly stated what he wants other than follow diablo seasons which uses a different system of server and population altogether.

It's also not a simple fix that will fix everything about having a server as your team, this isn't going to magically balance populations, it isn't going to help with bandwagons, and booting people also runs into unwillingly separating players from their guilds and friends, something people also complain about. Nothing wrong with throwing out ideas? nothing wrong asking questions about them either, and if you can't answer the question then why should we or even the devs take it seriously?

They are already creating a new system to handle everything everyone is complaining about, maybe you guys need to use your imagination as well and and understand what it is going to accomplish instead of trying to offer 100 other minor ways to fix the problems which won't really fix the problems.