Black Lion Keys lv 60 quest...

ancafr.9274

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> It is only the L10 Black Lion Key that is time-gated weekly.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest_Key#Story_rewards

So I think we can get 2 keys from lv 60. I'm almost sure that the lv 40 one is only one per week. I heard we can get only 3 per week from levels 10-40-60, the level 10 im 100% sure that is only 1 per week but I dont know about the level 60...

Only the level 10 key is time gated and that’s because people used to do the first story section key runs multiple times a day or week to get free keys. After years of this ANet made that key once a week only. If you can get your char to level 40 (or 60) and do the personal story on it up to that level you’ll get keys for levels 40/60 as many times a day or week as you are willing to do it.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Only the level 10 key is time gated and that’s because people used to do the first story section key runs multiple times a day or week to get free keys. After years of this ANet made that key once a week only. If you can get your char to level 40 (or 60) and do the personal story on it up to that level you’ll get keys for levels 40/60 as many times a day or week as you are willing to do it.

The lv 10 I know but the lv 40 i remember i did the quest in one of my characters and didnt received any key from the lv 40 because I already got one key from another character.

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"ancafr.9274" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > Only the level 10 key is time gated and that’s because people used to do the first story section key runs multiple times a day or week to get free keys. After years of this ANet made that key once a week only. If you can get your char to level 40 (or 60) and do the personal story on it up to that level you’ll get keys for levels 40/60 as many times a day or week as you are willing to do it.

> >

> > The lv 10 I know but the lv 40 i remember i did the quest in one of my characters and didnt received any key from the lv 40 because I already got one key from another character.

>

> The level 40 step requires no fighting. It is right after 30 i think and is just a cutscene. You probaly got that key forgot then later on logged in and tried the rest of 40 and got no key.

Probably, thanks for the feedback guys.

> @"ancafr.9274" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > It is only the L10 Black Lion Key that is time-gated weekly.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest_Key#Story_rewards

>

> So I think we can get 2 keys from lv 60. I'm almost sure that the lv 40 one is only one per week. I heard we can get only 3 per week from levels 10-40-60, the level 10 im 100% sure that is only 1 per week but I dont know about the level 60...

>

>

The level 10 is the only key that's gated. The level 40 and 60 ones can be gained theoretically infinitely as long as you keep making characters and progressing through their story. Same with the S2 and HoT keys.

One thing to consider is that unless you're unwilling or unable to buy keys it's probably quicker to farm gold and buy keys (depending on the exchange rate) than to farm the level 40 and 60 story.

I completely understand not wanting to buy keys, and wanting to repeat the personal story (I've done every single instance at least once, many of them multiple times) and if either or both of those is a factor then it's worth doing the story. But if you just want keys without spending real money it might be worth considering other options because even with quick story options will take a while to get through the level 60 story.

Early on after the change to once-a-week for level 10 keys, I did a key run on one alt, then progressed another to level 40 that same week, and did not get the level 40 key. I queried Support and they kindly sent me a key. Since then I've been gun shy about mixing level 10 and higher story levels on different alts in one week so I can't be sure they fixed it, but it's certainly intended that you can get more than one story key a week so long as only one is from level 10.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> One thing to consider is that unless you're unwilling or unable to buy keys it's probably quicker to farm gold and buy keys (depending on the exchange rate) than to farm the level 40 and 60 story.

>

> I completely understand not wanting to buy keys, and wanting to repeat the personal story (I've done every single instance at least once, many of them multiple times) and if either or both of those is a factor then it's worth doing the story. But if you just want keys without spending real money it might be worth considering other options because even with quick story options will take a while to get through the level 60 story.

I do the lvl 60 story every week, with this week being my sylvari necro, which will finish the cycle of doing a key run on every class with every race, and with all five charr sparring partners, bc charr master race :) I did all the story paths at least once before I started that cycle as well. I say all of this just to point out that I've done the lvl 60 keyrun a lot. And I can say when I'm done my keyrunner is usually 4-5 hrs old . . .

Some caveats, however. I start at level 51 and I don't have a dedicated bag opener so I use my keyrunner to open the previous week's accumulated bags before I start. There is also the inv management from all the leveling up gear and I'll usually tinker with skins and dyes for a little bit before I start. Lately I've been doing map completion in Grothmar for the recovered artifact as well. The keyrun itself is neither rushed nor relaxed, I'll use mounts or wp's to get around, don't usually watch movies. There are some story paths I avoid bc I just don't like them, but I don't make an effort to pick the fastest sequences either. So I'd guess someone who was more focused on using their time efficiently could easily get that down under three hours, probably by a good bit. Buying a key costs about 30-50 gold, depending on rates and discounts. I offer this not to dispute your point but just to give ppl an idea of how long a lvl 60 run might take . . .

> @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> > If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

>

> That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

No, no. You can start any chapter of any Living World season at any time.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> > > If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

> >

> > That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

>

> No, no. You can start any chapter of any Living World season at any time.

You have to get the character to level 80 first, but you're right that you don't need to complete the personal story or play any of the other episodes.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> > > > If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

> > >

> > > That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

> >

> > No, no. You can start any chapter of any Living World season at any time.

>

> You have to get the character to level 80 first, but you're right that you don't need to complete the personal story or play any of the other episodes.

eh, 60 is good for me then. I actually picked 60 bc it keeps a pace with my tome acquisition, slowly depeleting my reserves. An extra twenty a week would deprive me of future runs :(

Well the level 10 is piece of cake, 40 is so so but the 60 takes longer, althow I'll have to do all in 2 more different chars beside the currently one I'm playing for the exotic set level 18 that I forgot the name xD. And since i'm unemployed and dont buy blue gems the only way that left me to farm is key and the gathering items i get while lving lowbies from 10-40. My vid card is weak and I cannot do raid, fracs etc plus i get lag in HOT and POF maps.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > One thing to consider is that unless you're unwilling or unable to buy keys it's probably quicker to farm gold and buy keys (depending on the exchange rate) than to farm the level 40 and 60 story.

> >

> > I completely understand not wanting to buy keys, and wanting to repeat the personal story (I've done every single instance at least once, many of them multiple times) and if either or both of those is a factor then it's worth doing the story. But if you just want keys without spending real money it might be worth considering other options because even with quick story options will take a while to get through the level 60 story.

>

> I do the lvl 60 story every week, with this week being my sylvari necro, which will finish the cycle of doing a key run on every class with every race, and with all five charr sparring partners, bc charr master race :) I did all the story paths at least once before I started that cycle as well. I say all of this just to point out that I've done the lvl 60 keyrun a lot. And I can say when I'm done my keyrunner is usually 4-5 hrs old . . .

>

> Some caveats, however. I start at level 51 and I don't have a dedicated bag opener so I use my keyrunner to open the previous week's accumulated bags before I start. There is also the inv management from all the leveling up gear and I'll usually tinker with skins and dyes for a little bit before I start. Lately I've been doing map completion in Grothmar for the recovered artifact as well. The keyrun itself is neither rushed nor relaxed, I'll use mounts or wp's to get around, don't usually watch movies. There are some story paths I avoid bc I just don't like them, but I don't make an effort to pick the fastest sequences either. So I'd guess someone who was more focused on using their time efficiently could easily get that down under three hours, probably by a good bit. Buying a key costs about 30-50 gold, depending on rates and discounts. I offer this not to dispute your point but just to give ppl an idea of how long a lvl 60 run might take . . .

Whoa...i do this in just under 2 hrs O.o

> @"Tman.6349" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > One thing to consider is that unless you're unwilling or unable to buy keys it's probably quicker to farm gold and buy keys (depending on the exchange rate) than to farm the level 40 and 60 story.

> > >

> > > I completely understand not wanting to buy keys, and wanting to repeat the personal story (I've done every single instance at least once, many of them multiple times) and if either or both of those is a factor then it's worth doing the story. But if you just want keys without spending real money it might be worth considering other options because even with quick story options will take a while to get through the level 60 story.

> >

> > I do the lvl 60 story every week, with this week being my sylvari necro, which will finish the cycle of doing a key run on every class with every race, and with all five charr sparring partners, bc charr master race :) I did all the story paths at least once before I started that cycle as well. I say all of this just to point out that I've done the lvl 60 keyrun a lot. And I can say when I'm done my keyrunner is usually 4-5 hrs old . . .

> >

> > Some caveats, however. I start at level 51 and I don't have a dedicated bag opener so I use my keyrunner to open the previous week's accumulated bags before I start. There is also the inv management from all the leveling up gear and I'll usually tinker with skins and dyes for a little bit before I start. Lately I've been doing map completion in Grothmar for the recovered artifact as well. The keyrun itself is neither rushed nor relaxed, I'll use mounts or wp's to get around, don't usually watch movies. There are some story paths I avoid bc I just don't like them, but I don't make an effort to pick the fastest sequences either. So I'd guess someone who was more focused on using their time efficiently could easily get that down under three hours, probably by a good bit. Buying a key costs about 30-50 gold, depending on rates and discounts. I offer this not to dispute your point but just to give ppl an idea of how long a lvl 60 run might take . . .

>

> Whoa...i do this in just under 2 hrs O.o

Yeah, like I said . . .

I took a break from this for a bit, but when I do it I do two map completions, get the level 10 and 40 keys ( so 2 to 4 keys) and go to level 74, (get the karma booster and a sup rune of nullification to sell). Map completions I tend to just go with the flow, take different paths, mine materials, gather varietal seeds and complete any events that aren't extremely long events. Of course, this is with the help of the level boosters I have stored up.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> > > > If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

> > >

> > > That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

> >

> > No, no. You can start any chapter of any Living World season at any time.

>

> You have to get the character to level 80 first, but you're right that you don't need to complete the personal story or play any of the other episodes.

So if i have a character lv 80 I can jump straight to the last fight against Zhaithan and kill it for the items without have to do the others booring level 60 and 70 missions?

> @"ancafr.9274" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> > > > > If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

> > > >

> > > > That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

> > >

> > > No, no. You can start any chapter of any Living World season at any time.

> >

> > You have to get the character to level 80 first, but you're right that you don't need to complete the personal story or play any of the other episodes.

>

> So if i have a character lv 80 I can jump straight to the last fight against Zhaithan and kill it for the items without have to do the others booring level 60 and 70 missions?

No. Just like you can't start Episode 6 of Season 4 and jump straight to the instance inside Kralkatorik.

The *Personal Story*, the *Heart of Thorns* story and the *Path of Fire* story are **not** *Living World*.

You can start any **episode** of Living World Season 2, 3 or 4 at any time, unrelated to your status in the Personal Story (the Zhaitan campaign from launch) or the expansion stories.

You can also start either of the *expansion* stories at any time.

Each episode (8 in LS2, 6 each in LS3&4) the entire Personal Story (from lvl 10 to killing Zhaitan), and each entire expansion story (IIRC 4 acts in each, might be 5 in PoF) are discrete blocks.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"ancafr.9274" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"Maria Murtor.7253" said:

> > > > > > If you plan to get the lvl 60 Story key: There is another one which is easy to obtain at the end of Tangled Paths Living Story (once per character): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangled_Paths

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a lot farther along though. You'd have to finish the rest of the personal story and the first five eps of ls2 first, correct . . ?

> > > >

> > > > No, no. You can start any chapter of any Living World season at any time.

> > >

> > > You have to get the character to level 80 first, but you're right that you don't need to complete the personal story or play any of the other episodes.

> >

> > So if i have a character lv 80 I can jump straight to the last fight against Zhaithan and kill it for the items without have to do the others booring level 60 and 70 missions?

>

> No. Just like you can't start Episode 6 of Season 4 and jump straight to the instance inside Kralkatorik.

>

> The *Personal Story*, the *Heart of Thorns* story and the *Path of Fire* story are **not** *Living World*.

>

> You can start any **episode** of Living World Season 2, 3 or 4 at any time, unrelated to your status in the Personal Story (the Zhaitan campaign from launch) or the expansion stories.

>

> You can also start either of the *expansion* stories at any time.

>

> Each episode (8 in LS2, 6 each in LS3&4) the entire Personal Story (from lvl 10 to killing Zhaitan), and each entire expansion story (IIRC 4 acts in each, might be 5 in PoF) are discrete blocks.

>

OOOh i get it now thanks *thumbs up*