Screenshot mode?

coso.9173

I know it's maybe a bit late for such a thing but still I think it would be a good addition to the game and to take screenshot of our characters.

A screenshot mode where we can play with the camera a bit more to show our characters, without the ui, being able to show their face (that we spent some time making in the character creator) and having basically good screenshots of them.

Even if it's a bit old, I still think gw2 characters look pretty good, even in close view, as we can see by some of the cinematics involving them.

Would you like it? I know I would ?

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> Doesn't this already kind of exist? Hide the UI (ctrl+shift+H), and then just turn the camera and zoom in until you're close enough to see the face? I'm not sure how close you can get that way, though.

you can hide the UI true, but even with FOV at minimum and zoom in at maximum it's not close enough. in ffxiv there's gpose that also blurs the background and lets you play with the emotes.

after having played Assassin's Creed (both Origin and Odyssey) and Red Dead Redemption 2, I would love a photo mode like that. But I'm also realistic and realize that implementing something like that might be a bit difficult in a game that's almost 8 years old already... And besides, a photo mode like that generally freezes the scene and that's kind of impossible in a MMO...

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Personally, if such a feature doesn't currently exist then I wouldn't want the devs to spend their time/resources on it as I don't believe that it would benefit a large enough majority of the player base to make it worthwhile.

You don't think a tool for better screenshots in a game based around cosmetics would please many people? ?

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Personally, if such a feature doesn't currently exist then I wouldn't want the devs to spend their time/resources on it as I don't believe that it would benefit a large enough majority of the player base to make it worthwhile.

>

> You don't think a tool for better screenshots in a game based around cosmetics would please many people? ?

No I think actual content would please many people. But that's my opinion.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > Personally, if such a feature doesn't currently exist then I wouldn't want the devs to spend their time/resources on it as I don't believe that it would benefit a large enough majority of the player base to make it worthwhile.

> >

> > You don't think a tool for better screenshots in a game based around cosmetics would please many people? ?

>

> No I think actual content would please many people. But that's my opinion.

That's what I thought too, but apparently people don't want to play games anymore. They want to play with dolls.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, *per se*, but it doesn't help being a game in a toy model world.