The Ace.9105

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> Dun forget number 13.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/onNN5Gu.gif "")

>

>

>

My goodness! No wonder Thieves get a bad reputation. Is this working as intended? If so, I must learn this secret art form! And if not, maybe Anet will finally fix the bugs so we either always port to our target or we don't lose initiative.

But notice the... "brick"(???) that the arrow hit. Why in the world is that considered unwalkable terrain by pathfinding??? Maybe there was some odd combination of things that happened to cause that backwards and upwards port... like the arrow hitting the brick, the player jumping, and shooting the arrow while right next/under the object? It reminds me of the log out/in glitch on some of the jumping puzzles... where if you stand in a certain spot under an overhang, log out, then log back in, you will be placed on top of the overhang. Perhaps whenever the arrow was shot, the Thief was "under" the overhang just right, so the pathfinding system thought the Thief was on top of the overhang at the moment of the shot, so when the arrow hit the brick and saw found there was no path to the target, it ported the Thief to the closest point on the same terrain (like shadowstepping into a wall instead of past it)???

Either way, the same bricks cause me issues on Eternal Coliseum, I don't know how many times... the bricks circling a column between spawn and Home. When my arrow hits the brick, my port fails, and I lose the initiative. The same happens with the little steps/bumps on Legacy of the Foefire when going up the hill/ramp between the blue base and the Quarry. There are more places, but I remember those because they are extra annoying and happen so often.

P.S. Is it really that necessarry to have Infiltrator's Arrow check for valid paths TWICE? Once before shooting the arrow, and another on arrow contact? While it may prevent some exploits, it really wrecks a lot of the normal experience.

> @"Ghetx.1752" said:

> You want mobility?Fine but you cant burst down people

>

> You want to burst down people?Fine,but then you can't tp in,melt 50% of hp in 2 seconds and then teleport on the other side of the map,then come back and repeat burst and then tp out again,literally whole match.

Lmao yeah smart, this would maybe work if the class had good innate sustain but a glass class that bursts always has great mobility for a reason or I'd be a dead class. Think about it for a sec a high burst class goes in and its bursts doesn't down its opponent in one burst I'd be free food. So what then? We make all non burst classes have no blocks or evades cuz if u have innate base sustain u get no blocks or evades just like if burst u have no mobility lol so glad we players dont balance this game it would be 10x worse than it is even now lol