Will there be a Guild Wars 2 for console

Davidm.2419

We have no idea, although I'd expect Switch could be safely ruled out despite some great porting recently. The last known dev answer on a console release was basically saying it's not something they are looking at doing.

We know something is in the works for a console, but I don't think it is GW or at least GW2 related, but put the answer down as a no unless something dramatic changes that

> @"Davidm.2419" said:

> Will there be a Guild Wars 2 for console Like for PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch

Never say never but I dont beleave so.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> We have no idea, although I'd expect Switch could be safely ruled out despite some great porting recently. The last known dev answer on a console release was basically saying it's not something they are looking at doing.

>

> We know something is in the works for a console, but I don't think it is GW or at least GW2 related, but put the answer down as a no unless something dramatic changes that

Sorry to dearail the thread but as a Nintendo fanboi and switch is My most used console. I just have to ask, why safely rule out Switch?

GW2 is no where near being to big or having better requirements than Switch can offer.

There are a few MMOs to switch so you can not mean that Switch cant play MMOs iether.

A switch has atleast as mutch buttons as the other consoles and even in worst case you can even connect a keyboard to it.

I just think you have preconceived notions about the Switch, it is far from as bad as you think.

> @"EdgarMTanaka.7291" said:

> GW2 is no where near being to big or having better requirements than Switch can offer.

There are two obstacles here, first Guild Wars 2 requires a much larger storage capacity than Switch can offer, meaning those that want to play the game must buy external storage (not sure how that works with other Switch games that go over the capacity)

And the most important one is the 1.9 GHz clock of the Tegra-X1 chip used on the Switch

Guild Wars 2 has a minimum requirement of 2.4 GHz, which is also the main issue with porting the game to other consoles, like the PS4 or X1, as the best of them, XBox one X, reaches 2.3 GHz clock speed. The game uses a very old engine that isn't threading very well, they'd need to rework that first before there is any console version for the game. Otherwise it would be hard to run the game on console hardware.

Of course Arenanet could sub-license Guild Wars 2 to Panic Button, a company known for porting games to the Switch, but that is rather improbable.

> @"EdgarMTanaka.7291" said:

> > @"Davidm.2419" said:

> > Will there be a Guild Wars 2 for console Like for PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch

>

> Never say never but I dont beleave so.

>

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > We have no idea, although I'd expect Switch could be safely ruled out despite some great porting recently. The last known dev answer on a console release was basically saying it's not something they are looking at doing.

> >

> > We know something is in the works for a console, but I don't think it is GW or at least GW2 related, but put the answer down as a no unless something dramatic changes that

>

> Sorry to dearail the thread but as a Nintendo fanboi and switch is My most used console. I just have to ask, why safely rule out Switch?

> GW2 is no where near being to big or having better requirements than Switch can offer.

> There are a few MMOs to switch so you can not mean that Switch cant play MMOs iether.

> A switch has atleast as mutch buttons as the other consoles and even in worst case you can even connect a keyboard to it.

>

> I just think you have preconceived notions about the Switch, it is far from as bad as you think.

I have a massive back catalogue of 300 games so I have no preconceived ideas on the switch and understand the console pretty well. It could never handle the multi player aspect of gw2. It chugs a lot in DC online and Pokemon when a handful of people are online, the switch would be unable to handle wvw, metas etc.

I love the switch and it is up there with one of my fav ever consoles, but getting gw2 to run on it would mean serious sacrifices that would be detrimental to the gameplay