Balance Patch Preview (Reaper)

KrHome.1920

> @"Vlad.4513" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Vlad.4513" said:

> > > That new trait (Eternal life) is looking juicy ?

> >

> > To me, the new trait is looking completely useless. Unless there are some really big numbers behind it.

> >

> > On power builds the middle trait will always be better and on Condi builds the bottom trait. And there's no tank build.

> >

> > The only reason to take that trait might be on support scourge for pve.

> > But even then. This would allow to play without much vitality, but then you loose dmg from dhuumfire or from the whole curses traitline. So even there it seems lackluster to me

>

> Forgot to add, is looking juicy for PVP/WvW at least from my perspective, I don't do pve.

Its stupid.

Weve been pushing for consistent lifeforce baseline, where 100% lifeforce was soooo much and a snowball problem,

and we get it at GM price and 20% only.

Its a trash trait for pvp and we can already get better self lifeforce from martyr.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > we can already get better self lifeforce from martyr.

>

> It's has clear benefits over martyr and depending on how rapid it is will maintain more LF in general

>

>

>

>

But on what spec do you want to play it?

Also it's most of the times really bad to complete use up all lifeforce.

So Everytime you are above 20%, the trait will do like absolutely nothing.

And protection when entering shroud?

Why? You need protection when exiting shroud...

Even if it's a rather fast the trait still seems rather useless.

And it's only really useable on core (Condi) necro, which already doesnt have an issue with tanking damage (it's already pretty good at it), but lacks a bit of dmg (at least in wvw) and especially lacks anti-cc. And for both things the trait doesn't help or let's you build more glassy

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > we can already get better self lifeforce from martyr.

> >

> > It's has clear benefits over martyr and depending on how rapid it is will maintain more LF in general

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> But on what spec do you want to play it?

> Also it's most of the times really bad to complete use up all lifeforce.

> So Everytime you are above 20%, the trait will do like absolutely nothing.

> And protection when entering shroud?

> Why? You need protection when exiting shroud...

> Even if it's a rather fast the trait still seems rather useless.

> And it's only really useable on core (Condi) necro, which already doesnt have an issue with tanking damage (it's already pretty good at it), but lacks a bit of dmg (at least in wvw) and especially lacks anti-cc. And for both things the trait doesn't help or let's you build more glassy

I would say it's useable on Scourge, especially in PvE. You can't get high Shroud uptime anyway, and dropping below 60% is super easy, so it should provide a decent stream of life force there. Granted...still all a numbers question. How fast it fills to those thresholds is important. 2%/second means that it will fill as much as it can in PvP before you can enter Shroud again, which has some niche uses.

I'm expecting something like 1%/3 seconds, though.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > > > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > > we can already get better self lifeforce from martyr.

> > >

> > > It's has clear benefits over martyr and depending on how rapid it is will maintain more LF in general

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > But on what spec do you want to play it?

> > Also it's most of the times really bad to complete use up all lifeforce.

> > So Everytime you are above 20%, the trait will do like absolutely nothing.

> > And protection when entering shroud?

> > Why? You need protection when exiting shroud...

> > Even if it's a rather fast the trait still seems rather useless.

> > And it's only really useable on core (Condi) necro, which already doesnt have an issue with tanking damage (it's already pretty good at it), but lacks a bit of dmg (at least in wvw) and especially lacks anti-cc. And for both things the trait doesn't help or let's you build more glassy

>

> I would say it's useable on Scourge, especially in PvE. You can't get high Shroud uptime anyway, and dropping below 60% is super easy, so it should provide a decent stream of life force there. Granted...still all a numbers question. How fast it fills to those thresholds is important. 2%/second means that it will fill as much as it can in PvP before you can enter Shroud again, which has some niche uses.

>

> I'm expecting something like 1%/3 seconds, though.

Anyway that trait is going to make core necro a stationary (no mobility, no stability, no pressure if you leave it alone) sustain machine.

- spite (signets), death magic (toughness, cleanses, protection), soul reaping (life force, protection).

People will hate it, because they can't kill it 1v1. It will be as lame as putting an omega golem into a camp to deny the capping in wvw.

Reaper and scourge have to drop one of these 3 traitlines for the reaper / scourge traitline and so will benefit much less (which is good because they would become way to strong).