Upcoming Necromancer changes

Redpawa.4108

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > It's recommended to read some of the other classes changes before looking at the necro changes to prevent a heart attack.

>

> I did read, and guard and warrior don't see a nerf at all in pve. Even though they are super op right now

... and that's because most class changes are theme-based.

> @"Morde.3158" said:

> Damage: 1,210 (3.0)? looks like it to me

It's correct. Every single power damage attack is solely based off the formula. The lowest it's damage can get is with the base 1000 power you have.

The "base damage" values on the wiki is how a skill will perform with that 100 base power plugged into the tooltip damage formula for that skill.

1000(base power) * 1047.5(average level 80 exotic GS weapon damage) *3(grave digger coefficient)/2597 = 1210.05. Wii h the game rounds to 1210 in the tooltip.

> @"Morde.3158" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Morde.3158" said:

> > > I cant see the point of reducing scale of all skills across the board the base damage is still the same everyone will do less damage but the skills that hit like a truck will still hit like a truck compared to others. Just play the game so you can see what needs to be changed and stop changing and nerfing things that don't need to be changed

> >

> > "Base damage" doesn't exist in GW2 aside from life siphon effects. Well, condition damage as well.

>

> ok what? lol

Just check the nerfed cc skills (warrior's rampage hard cc) -if it has 0.01 coefficient, it deals pretty much no dmg, there's no "base dmg".

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Morde.3158" said:

> > Damage: 1,210 (3.0)? looks like it to me

>

> It's correct. Every single power damage attack is solely based off the formula. The lowest it's damage can get is with the base 1000 power you have.

>

> The "base damage" values on the wiki is how a skill will perform with that 100 base power plugged into the tooltip damage formula for that skill.

>

> 1000(base power) * 1047.5(average level 80 exotic GS weapon damage) *3(grave digger coefficient)/2597 = 1210.05. Wii h the game rounds to 1210 in the tooltip.

To follow up on this, if you somehow had 0 Power (yes, this is impossible in reality), all strike damage, regardless of weapon or skill, would be 0. If base damage existed, there would be a minimum value before damage reductions (which are all percentage based). The game doesn't work like League of Legends with base damage+ratio.

I reckon that'd be counter intuitive to what Anet are pulling here Eremite. It's logical that we'd need more time in shroud, I just dont see them connecting the dots. We're stuck with this degen and 10 seconds cd. I just read a whole lot of boredom incoming. I rather play smart and risk insta stomp and have the ability to spike than what's incoming...ergh what a start to the year...