Bots in sPvP (for Anet)

Ysmir.4986

Recently we've been having great communication from Ben and the Systems Team concerning all things WvW and PvP related, be it balance wise or concerning other questions like matchmaking. I'm also very excited about the upcoming balance patch, I'm sure it will break the game in a good sense of the word ^^

With this post though, I'd like to address the subject of botting in sPvP as well as the report system in general. More to the point:

- Is botting more prevalent these days in sPvP than before, as people on the forum seem to suggest?

- How hard is it for a GM to determine if the report is correct concerning botting?

- How long does the review process take?

- Is it absolutely out of the question to have a feedback system for players that reported someone? (as in, an ig message "Action has been taken against this player based on your report")

I think there is a lot of frustration from the player-base around the reporting system, as in there is a feeling that it serves little to no purpose regarding sPvP, other than the most egregious cases of verbal abuse.

Problem is a report does not prove anything, how can they know if someone is really booting from a report? (real question from my ignorance, maybe they can)

What action is taken if proven? warning? ban?

I did send 2-3 reports so far of people using exploits in sPVP, i still see the same guys using them 1 month after the reports so...

It really looks like it's useless?

Regarding botting i see at least 1 bot per day, and i'm not a heavy player at the moment.

Never saw that few years ago...

The bot issue was insane this past weekend, at least to my notice. One match two on my teammates were bots and at least two of the other teams. In previous matches I tested them. In the Coliseum match if you jump on the hedges and kinda hide from their ability to hit you with ranged, they will just run into the bushes attempting to get at you. A real player would just come up after you or hide from your ability to get at them. Bots will just run into the hedge while you kill them. I have identified six bots using this method. Lo and behold all six verified and more were on all night long. It wasn't until early morning hours that I was getting human teams. They would all talk and play in a more erratic manner.

In another match we had two people not enter the game. After I said something about wishing we could forfeit, one identified bot suddenly came on and another player who just sat at spawn.

It was between matches in the pvp queue area near the waypoint at the bank that I saw at least three verified bots and two suspected ones standing one on top of the other. In all, about 10 or so toons idled there, not moving for a long time. They would pop in and out, probably when called to a match. I played a 31 hour GW session, at least 10 plus of which was in pvp and the same toons popped in and out, never moving from that area and more joining the horde.

It was so disheartening to see the large number. At first you might think you have the advantage against a bot, but not always. They play their class to perfection. Sure they follow the basic programming, so you can track them, but taking them one on one is some times impossible. You can't make a mistake, because they won't. If you play a mesmer, they are never confused by clones. They are relentless, so if you can't throw off their ai, they won't back off, even when dying. In the one game with at least two verified, they appeared to be running in a group, and one real player went with them finishing off what they started.

I honestly don't mind losing to real players, because I learn something. But I learn nothing against bots, but cheaters prosper in pvp. That and that Anet is not really interested in fixing this scourge.

People queue with their alt accounts being ran by bots. They are literal "throw bots"

It's an easy way to win trade without trusting anyone to know you are win trading.

If the bot lands on team against you, configure it to play like shit and look like a noob.

If it lands on game with you, you can DC the bot to block point loss if you are losing.\

**Not hard to figure out why there are so many bots.**

They also take time to play the bot into relatively higher elo at times, so it easily gets placed against them in queues vs. the main, and encompasses a great deal of the opponent team's "MMR Weight" while throwing. It makes the throw easier and more secure.

• 4 months later...

Anet clearly don't care at all for their own game. the amount of bots in every game is ridiculous. you spot them easily. mostly mirages with signed of domination and signed of illusion, starting at T-4 time. it so obvious they botting and they are in every game playing nonstop making gold and ruining them game for everyone. were are those reports going Anet? is it just button ti satisfy our need of action while you lack it?

> @"lokko.9634" said:

> Problem is a report does not prove anything, how can they know if someone is really booting from a report? (real question from my ignorance, maybe they can)

> What action is taken if proven? warning? ban?

> I did send 2-3 reports so far of people using exploits in sPVP, i still see the same guys using them 1 month after the reports so...

> It really looks like it's useless?

>

> Regarding botting i see at least 1 bot per day, and i'm not a heavy player at the moment.

> Never saw that few years ago...

>

This isnt the 70s dude.......worst case scenario it takes me 1-2 minutes to recognise a bot plus even if a 'genious employ' cant recognise it, most of them are botting 24/7 for years do you think that an acount with 10-30 botting reports per day that has 1000+ reports in total needs additional proving that its a bot? Still even if i pretend to be so dumb abd say that its not, isnt the video clear enough?? The action is pretty well stated by arena since day 1 its insta perma ban for botting.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> Im in full support of bots if they get a bit more intelligent. Decent AI would fix the low population issues.

Or we could just fix what causes the low population issues, some notorious condi builds and ferocity that causes a 500 dmg skill to hit for 9k just like we fixed in the past mesmer hiting you from stealth for 20k+++. how hard could that be huh?