Ice shard sink!

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > I convert them to gold. It’s been a pretty good sink for me so far.

>

> > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > I convert mine to gold as well.

>

> Convert to gold? How? They seem fairly worthless unless u want to do the weapons after you get the other stuff.

>

>

Convert them to the LS4 currency, convert that to volatile magic, and purchase those crates from the VM vendors. I think the trophy one provided the best rate the last I checked.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > I convert them to gold. It’s been a pretty good sink for me so far.

> >

> > > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > > I convert mine to gold as well.

> >

> > Convert to gold? How? They seem fairly worthless unless u want to do the weapons after you get the other stuff.

> >

> >

>

> Convert them to the LS4 currency, convert that to volatile magic, and purchase those crates from the VM vendors. I think the trophy one provided the best rate the last I checked.

The problem with this is that it involves *another* currency - Karma. Yes, it replenishes from events and such, but does it come in as fast as the Eternal Ice?

**If it does, fine.** Otherwise it's not an effective sink - like I consider Fulgurite an insufficient sink for HoT map materials (since it requires both Obsidian and an equal amount of all 3).

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > I convert them to gold. It’s been a pretty good sink for me so far.

> > >

> > > > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > > > I convert mine to gold as well.

> > >

> > > Convert to gold? How? They seem fairly worthless unless u want to do the weapons after you get the other stuff.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Convert them to the LS4 currency, convert that to volatile magic, and purchase those crates from the VM vendors. I think the trophy one provided the best rate the last I checked.

>

> The problem with this is that it involves *another* currency - Karma. Yes, it replenishes from events and such, but does it come in as fast as the Eternal Ice?

> **If it does, fine.** Otherwise it's not an effective sink - like I consider Fulgurite an insufficient sink for HoT map materials (since it requires both Obsidian and an equal amount of all 3).

All other LW currencies required at least one other currency. Would you say that those don’t have sinks as well? Karma is fairly quick to obtain and especially in the quantity that’s needed to convert eternal ice shards. It was 108 karma per shard before episode two and I don’t think that’s changed with its release.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > I convert them to gold. It’s been a pretty good sink for me so far.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > > > > I convert mine to gold as well.

> > > >

> > > > Convert to gold? How? They seem fairly worthless unless u want to do the weapons after you get the other stuff.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Convert them to the LS4 currency, convert that to volatile magic, and purchase those crates from the VM vendors. I think the trophy one provided the best rate the last I checked.

> >

> > The problem with this is that it involves *another* currency - Karma. Yes, it replenishes from events and such, but does it come in as fast as the Eternal Ice?

> > **If it does, fine.** Otherwise it's not an effective sink - like I consider Fulgurite an insufficient sink for HoT map materials (since it requires both Obsidian and an equal amount of all 3).

>

> All other LW currencies required at least one other currency. Would you say that those don’t have sinks as well? Karma is fairly quick to obtain and especially in the quantity that’s needed to convert eternal ice shards. It was 108 karma per shard before episode two and I don’t think that’s changed with its release.

It's a perfectly fine sink when the secondary currency *is the one you're converting to*. Spending Gold + Volitile Magic to earn Gold is different from spending Ice Shards + Karma to gain gold.

I'd be perfectly happy with the LS4 currencies as a sink if it cost *Volitile Magic instead of Karma*, as the very transaction itself could be used to recuperate the secondary cost.

• 2 weeks later...

There needs to be some kind of direct sink for Eternal Ice Shards, like consuming them for volatile magic or something. I have over 11000 of them and nothing I want to do with them because it costs too much to convert them in indirect ways. I stopped actively gathering them long ago, but I still get over 500 a day just from daily gathering of the Essence chests and doing the two Bjora metas. It's insane. There needs to be a way to get rid of these things that doesn't punish us for unavoidably acquiring them in the first place.

At the rate this crap is flooding my inventory I'm just glad I have a way of getting rid of it. The fact that it uses karma is even better, not very many good uses for karma. Now I gearing up alts with trinkets is going to be so much quicker. Was also able to finish my legendary pretty quick and reasonable priced with the trophy boxes.

• 1 month later...

so if you do that 10x that is

26880 karma, 750 ice shards

=100 lumps of mistonium

=~ 2050 VM give or take

=10 trophy shipment

=10 trophy shipment costs 2500 VM and 10 gold

You get 13g 89s 90c approximately

You net 3g 89s 90c approx in gold not including the fact that you spend karma and that it cost you 450VM not covered by the LS4 conversion

so if you have millions of karma hanging around I guess...

I think best is to let it work like the LW's currency -> consume for magic or karma, because in LW, even if you don't use all that berries/pearls/etc... you can still consume it directly for more magic. The fact that it cost karma for the convertion but we can't consume the extra shards/chilli but forcibly spending our karma if we want to get rid of the shards, really baffles me... because karma is used in a lot of npcs in this game, but magic do not, therefore I'd prefer to save my karma instead of wasting them in the hefty convertion. It really doesn't make sense that I can consume the LW's but not Ice brood (it makes inconsistentcy across the game imo). At this rate I'd just end up deleting all the extra shards if it fills up 1 alt's inventory.

Maybe I earn karma faster than ice shards. Despite trading in ice shards and visiting the pact merchants regularly, I still get more karma than I spend.

Granted, I will be spending a chunk on the runic armor, but that's pretty slow going for me. Maybe once I get hundreds of the strike shards to spare.

> @"Roche.7491" said:

> > @"Blueberry.8095" said:

> > > @"Roche.7491" said:

> > > I’m having difficulty with shards. How did you get so much shards?

> > Daily all strikes

>

> Do you have a group? Can you add me up?

Nah I just pug it, I join the commander when I see "all strikes", plus forging steel separately. They're not always up, I just check LFG every now & then till I see one, if there's non at the end of the day, I just make a group & do silverpeak pass & forging steel, since they both don't need to be done in an organised group. But keep in mind that silverpeak pass gives chilli not shards. If not, you can join the bear farm squad (voice & claw) I think?

I don't do it everyday tho, it's only when I have some extra time during the day, but the shards do add up quickly overtime....

Also, assuming that you've been farming the whole bjora map for the ice shards already.

Honestly just running around the Bjora map doing things gets you tons...oh! Make sure you have leveled the masteries for chest rewards. I am one of those achievement folks so that was one of the first things I did but others may consider them unimportant.

Also do both metas. Kill the champions in the East side meta. Open chests.

Also don't consider any of this to be done just for skyscale. There are a few neat skins to be gotten from the achievements too.

I'd like it if the LS4 and IBS mats were directly merchable for gold, similar to the LS3 map currencies. :P Individual prices for each can be adjusted based on how frequently they drop; given the sheer amount of Eternal Ice Bjora Marches or the strikes throw at you, obviously they wouldn't be worth as much as, say, Mistonium.

many people still need ls4 currency - so this is great way to get it. It is very cool !

So if ls4 c currency is nor needed and want keep karma anyway - open yours inventory, click on ice shard, hold it, and move point out of inventory.

Problem solved.