The Shatterer Needs Some Tweak

GHOST.8609

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I think the issue is also players don't understand that the cc bar needs breaking with the bombs being dropped from above rather than just cc skills which are not enough on their own and that requires knowing the timing. It works fine during the boss weeks - I finally got my last one done during the last boss week completely by surprise. I am unsurprised it isn't focused on during normal meta groups though.

Have done this world boss once, maybe twice. Have they not added any voicelines to tip off ppl on the usefulness of bombs? They have done so in the past (see mouth of mordy) sp it seems bizzare to me if they havent for shatty.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > I think the issue is also players don't understand that the cc bar needs breaking with the bombs being dropped from above rather than just cc skills which are not enough on their own and that requires knowing the timing. It works fine during the boss weeks - I finally got my last one done during the last boss week completely by surprise. I am unsurprised it isn't focused on during normal meta groups though.

>

> Have done this world boss once, maybe twice. Have they not added any voicelines to tip off ppl on the usefulness of bombs? They have done so in the past (see mouth of mordy) sp it seems bizzare to me if they havent for kitten.

It doesn't matter really. As i said, by the moment you notice the breakbar phase is happening, it is too late to go to the jumppad. It's sometimes too late even if you are already standing right on jumppad, but aren't yet in the air. And it's not practical to always be ready, because you need at least 1/3 of the whole group on gliders. If you keep that many players in the air for the whole time, you will be lacking them for _other_ things that need doing, like mob clearing and on-boss dps.

> @"arielwind.8921" said:

> Have you guys, even Anet ever played in unpopulated instance and time zone? Not only Shatterer, but most of meta contents are already unplayable. GW2 meta contents are not designed to play such circumstances, so this issue will get worse and worse with time passing.

It's something they delayed with the megaserver, but it's time to finally address the issue.

After playing for 7 years I got No Fly Zone about 2 months ago. I had to work for it. Post it on LFG, pull out the commander tag, be there are the next shatter after reset. Say it on map chat multiple times, organize it. It will happen. People will join. Took me less than 2 weeks to get the last 9 I was missing. At least try to push people to do the first 2 ones, 14:15 and 11:30? Forgot already :) It's on the wiki, but spam map chat as you owned it. One of my runs we broke it all times. And a good selling point is that he does die faster when you break the bar. Worked for me.

I see the frustration over the Shatterer achievements a lot, especially when folks are working on Legendary collections that require it. I have always wondered why Anet chose to make Shatterer a "normal" WB rather than a "Hard" WB like Teq, Karka and Great Jungle Wurm. IMO if a boss has it's own set of achievements linked to it then, it should be classified with the other "hard" WB's. I agree with GHOST.8609 who pointed out that on EU, the Shatterer's schedule often coincides with one of the other "Hard" WBs. On NA this happens as well and it can be hard to find a tag who will coordinate more than a standard kill because the other tags who do organize, are focussed on Teq or Wurms. Often, from recent experience, it is hard to find a tag and enough players to complete the event. Yes, I use LFG religiously, but unfortunately, Shatterer is just not that popular. It seems to sit in a weird place that deems it too "difficult" (too many mechanics etc) for a normal world boss and not hard enough to be labelled as and as popular as the "hard" WBs. Either way, I do agree with OP that the Shatterer and its achievements need some attention by the devs.

> @"Cuks.8241" said:

> I'm going to repeat myself here because I feel it is an important point.

> This achiev you will never get with pugs, it requires well organised group. Time slot doesn't matter because pugs don't help.

> It is completely fine that there are achievs that require organised groups. Not everything needs to be obtainable solo or with randoms. It is a mmo, we have guilds, it is even called guild wars, there should be content for guilds, organised groups. There is plenty of casual content in the game, let that little that require some effort as it is.

> I got the achiev and it is one of the few that I actually remember getting (including the fails) and am proud of it because it was a team effort. If this is nerfed it is going to be just another of thousands others that I will not care in about t minus 5 seconds.

And I am going to Repeat myself again here,

I do not mind this fight to stay the way it is, just want this fight to make worthwhile so pugs/ guild mates and fiends would come actually try rather than doing something else that gives them more gold per hour or loot. As I have mentioned quite a few problem that makes it achievement unattainable otherwise my thread name would be "Nerf Shatterer". And yes that feeling is good for a new map, new achievement or when its populated. And if you want to compare difficulty then there are at least 10+ bosses that are more difficult than this which require more than auto attack and those events do fail.

I would have agreed with your point if the player base was like 1-2 years ago or during a event week or like the way people do HOT meta. Why HOT meta for exactly in 1 hour a person can kill (night boss > pitana > chak > octovine) or complete fractals with recs. So very few people those who has not finished this achievement is interested in it let alone those who finished it. Now what I can do is buy people from LA and Guild (Yesterday I got Chak infusion Drop :) ) and pay them 10-15 gold each to help me with this achievement, trust me the map will be full. Also as mentioned before you see people always at claw (because the icy sohathin) and Tequatl (because of exclusive skin) and lay line for the mystic coin. Others are not rewarding enough as HOT & POF meta. The people who do it is running a meta train are freshly 80's who and some elite players who auto attack and goes to do something else.

Now let me give another example,

Triple trouble, Only one guild / People kills it every day in eu 7PM they have TTT in lfg. I joined them 4-5 days in a row and the achievements ware straight forward and you had to join at least an hour or at least 45 min before or the map becomes full. I asked them if anet pays them to keep that content alive the replied no, they love this boss and wants to help people get the achievements. After I got my 150 AP and all the mastery point, I never ever visited that boss because almost 1 hour or 1.5 hour for some rares, no thanks. And when I was aiming for Triple Trouble achievements, trust me I was going to every Triple trouble spawn time and no one was there. Why ? is it harder than Chak, Octovine or the new Kalkatorik fight ? no its not it allmost exaclty same where you need to kill all the bosses at same time. However no commanders or blob of people are interested to complete it because the core tyria rewards are nothing comparing to the HOT & POF meta. Now imagine a new player running in bloodtide coast sees a world boss at prime time but not a single person to trying to kill it and think "damn I should go back to eso, or wow" because there is no player in this game. And let me tell you my experience 3-4 years ago when I was running around there and when the booses spawn I see commanders pop up instantly or before. Just like you see 3-4 or even 5 maps of Tangled Depth meta.

I would like to experience what you experienced many many years ago but sadly at current state of this game its not possible for me and so many new players even with guild / friend and lfg.

I remember how hard it was for me to "Hearts And Minds Mordremoth CM" but with the POF specs its a piece of cake. People even soloed it (with a holo as far as I remember)

People ran around HOT maps and core tyria to complete map and do achievements now you can use teport to friend / griffon or skyscale to do them in moments.

I believe when the content is fresh it should be the hardest and when people loose their interest and done with their achievements and eventually moves to the new next map , then the old map should be downed in difficulty or at least those what requires a lot of people. So people like you "Cuks.8241" and" woodenpotatoes" (refraining to his new video) get their challenge and when most the the people move on to next map and those maps become Ghost Town people can finish those achi and catch up and have good time aswell.

I was mainly active in this game from "All or nothing" and when I joined I never saw a single meta fail in thunderhead peak now you go there you will see how people fail oil meta every day because they lack people. It can be done in prime time tough when people organize it but when I joined at All or Nothing release time no matter when you went there the meta was a success in that map. Also today I saw a dragonfall meta fail because people all grind ed this map enough and got their achievements and moved on to the next. So they have to be fair to the people who came to this game late and want to catch up. I am not asking for the 8 year birthday pack here, just asking to tweak the meta to current needs as they did it with palawadan (price of last tier mats ware decreasing) so they nerfed it, no one was doing POF meta so they improved it and loot and you can see more people on pof maps than before.

Thank you, I will not be posting anymore as people who done it will say achi like this is easy or should exist or like the first guy "make friends join and Guild Its a MMO" as they hardly leave mistlock santuary and when they leave they only go POF and HOT meta and fractals and logout. I hope this thread gets anet's attention and they do some changes to all the core tyria stuff to make them appealing and compete with HOT & POF (lets face it people are going to buy HOT & POF for glider and mounts) not for what is loots from the meta. "Please Work a bit in the core game its where the new players starts and many of my friends who wanted to try this left because the core game was not appealing enough for them and as they are not buying to play the core game they have no incentive to stay as well"

> @"thepenmonster.3621" said:

> > @"arielwind.8921" said:

> > Have you guys, even Anet ever played in unpopulated instance and time zone? Not only Shatterer, but most of meta contents are already unplayable. GW2 meta contents are not designed to play such circumstances, so this issue will get worse and worse with time passing.

>

> I've only been able to get one of the three Triple Trouble wurms due to the timing. Not just when it pops not matching my play time.

Same here.

I only got 1/3 in Triple Trouble.

I tried several times with tiny groups, but it's not enough.

A lot of people in the already small group, give up, and never it gets done.

People tend to stick to certain bosses that turn up, around the same time, and others always get forgotten.

For instance, Inquest Golem is very popular.

Others that are up around the same time only get a few people around, if any at all.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I wouldn’t qualify Shatterer as anything remotely resembling difficult considering the player base just stands at its foot and auto attacks the entire time except for when the crystals need to be broken. If that’s difficult then so is SB.

This, ironically, is one reason I don't hit Mr. Shatterer up much anymore. He used to be my favorite world boss visually (still is) but when the CC mechanics were introduced and people still stood there on Cheese Hill hitting 1, I got discouraged. That area near his foot needs to be flooded with mobs so people will get off their asses and help.

• 3 months later...

@everyone

With the release of Ice brood Saga episode No Quarter we have a new place able item called United Legions Waystation and with mastery it gives you emp which is a decent cc. Recently I saw a lot of commanders putting waystation near the feet of the boss where the auto attackers stand and with the emp easily got "no fly zone" and "Smash that dragon." I even saw people cc the death branded yesterday.

Get the achi while you can before anet changes how emp / waystation works. You never know. GL HF

> @"GHOST.8609" said:

> @everyone

> With the release of Ice brood Saga episode No Quarter we have a new place able item called United Legions Waystation and with mastery it gives you emp which is a decent cc. Recently I saw a lot of commanders putting waystation near the feet of the boss where the auto attackers stand and with the emp easily got "no fly zone" and "Smash that dragon." I even saw people cc the death branded yesterday.

>

> Get the achi while you can before anet changes how emp / waystation works. You never know. GL HF

Yep, now is the time.

I finished the Shatterer achievements since the waystation was added. I'd never even seen the defiance bar broken a single time before, but now you usually see it broken twice in a fight and the achievements are actually doable without an organized group.

> @"arielwind.8921" said:

> Have you guys, even Anet ever played in unpopulated instance and time zone? Not only Shatterer, but most of meta contents are already unplayable. GW2 meta contents are not designed to play such circumstances, so this issue will get worse and worse with time passing.

Pretty much this, I farm sunspear caches quite regularly and 99% of the time GH is up the group (if there even is any) fails to complete the meta. Although for this one I blame the brilliant minds complaining about how farming squats "don't focus on Amala" and the ingenious idea to make the basic rewards daily (just imagine what would happen if they would do this to Tarir) which essentially "killed the content". I hope these people are happy now since now (most of the time) no one is going to finish the meta.

But yes, if the meta is demanding on player participation it should be rewarding (ideally with some special rewards unique to the meta but A-Net has yet to figure out how to properly utilize cosmetic infusions and the otherwise useless map currencies for it) and if the meta isn't that rewarding it shouldn't be demanding on player participation.