Guard/Ele support is too high

Rickster.8752

Guard has lost a considerable amount of its healing and boons, on top of the amulet changes. Ele seems strong because it is a good bunker + healer and it will shine in in the beginning of the meta in my opinion. It can give a good amount of offensive boons, burst and dedicated heal pretty well. But like FrownyClown.8402 said it might change when people try to find a counter to it.

> @"alain.1659" said:

> Guard has lost a considerable amount of its healing and boons, on top of the amulet changes. Ele seems strong because it is a good bunker + healer and it will shine in in the beginning of the meta in my opinion. It can give a good amount of offensive boons, burst and dedicated heal pretty well. But like FrownyClown.8402 said it might change when people try to find a counter to it.

>

>

I wish I had recorded my last match. 2 Firebrands have literal 100% boon uptimes on almost everything, and 60% Resistance uptimes, even with me and my friend as a duo-Corruption-Necromancer setup. The fact that they nerfed Corruption so hard, even though it wasn't particularly powerful to begin with, is insane.

> @"Pies.7462" said:

> > @"alain.1659" said:

> > Guard has lost a considerable amount of its healing and boons, on top of the amulet changes. Ele seems strong because it is a good bunker + healer and it will shine in in the beginning of the meta in my opinion. It can give a good amount of offensive boons, burst and dedicated heal pretty well. But like FrownyClown.8402 said it might change when people try to find a counter to it.

> >

> >

>

> I wish I had recorded my last match. 2 Firebrands have literal 100% boon uptimes on almost everything, and 60% Resistance uptimes, even with me and my friend as a duo-Corruption-Necromancer setup. The fact that they nerfed Corruption so hard, even though it wasn't particularly powerful to begin with, is insane.

I wish you'd recorded it too.

So you'd realise you're talking nonsense.

60% resistance uptime? On FB? The class that gets 3s every 75s?

> @"Rickster.8752" said:

> Nothing dies because these classes can just heal/cleanse everything. Meanwhile you nerfed all the boon removal so they now have perma boons again.

>

>

You mean like Stability? The boon that got reduced to 1s duration on both Tome and Mantra?

Perma what? Actually pay attention, having all boons for 3s =/= "perma". I guess necro has "perma" shroud too right.... because for the 3 seconds I was paying attention it was "perma" in shroud for those 3 seconds.

If you actually read patch-notes for classes other than your own, you'd realise that boon-application got nerfed in-line with boon-removal.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> This is a team game 5v5 sitchuations. With this level of team play you need to coordinate your dpsers,cc skills, and imobalizes, as much as possible to secure a kill. Just because there's is solo q doesn't mean you are 1v5ing.

> #hashtag:make-a-in-game-voice-chat!!

So... now we do not have enough voice chat software like Teamspeak and Discord? You really think an in-game voice chat would make randoms actually use it? You really think bots will respond? Maybe (just maybe) SoloQ was a bad idea.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > This is a team game 5v5 sitchuations. With this level of team play you need to coordinate your dpsers,cc skills, and imobalizes, as much as possible to secure a kill. Just because there's is solo q doesn't mean you are 1v5ing.

> > #hashtag:make-a-in-game-voice-chat!!

>

> So... now we do not have enough voice chat software like Teamspeak and Discord? You really think an in-game voice chat would make randoms actually use it? You really think bots will respond? Maybe (just maybe) SoloQ was a bad idea.

Yeah that's how it works in most games when voice is built in. Anything from shooters to mobas, etc. etc.

In fact, a lot of people prefer when their teammates are able to talk as well.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"Pies.7462" said:

> > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > > Guard has lost a considerable amount of its healing and boons, on top of the amulet changes. Ele seems strong because it is a good bunker + healer and it will shine in in the beginning of the meta in my opinion. It can give a good amount of offensive boons, burst and dedicated heal pretty well. But like FrownyClown.8402 said it might change when people try to find a counter to it.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I wish I had recorded my last match. 2 Firebrands have literal 100% boon uptimes on almost everything, and 60% Resistance uptimes, even with me and my friend as a duo-Corruption-Necromancer setup. The fact that they nerfed Corruption so hard, even though it wasn't particularly powerful to begin with, is insane.

>

> I wish you'd recorded it too.

>

> So you'd realise you're talking nonsense.

>

> 60% resistance uptime? On FB? The class that gets 3s every 75s?

3s every 75s? Are you actually outside of your own mind? An average FB with combo finishers and sigils can have enough Resistance uptime to literally negate any form of CC a vanilla or Spectre Necro can output, and this is beyond the Aegis and Blind spam they output. Clearly you're either watching low-Bronze games, or have no idea how often those boons are actually applied.

> @"Pies.7462" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > @"Pies.7462" said:

> > > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > > > Guard has lost a considerable amount of its healing and boons, on top of the amulet changes. Ele seems strong because it is a good bunker + healer and it will shine in in the beginning of the meta in my opinion. It can give a good amount of offensive boons, burst and dedicated heal pretty well. But like FrownyClown.8402 said it might change when people try to find a counter to it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I wish I had recorded my last match. 2 Firebrands have literal 100% boon uptimes on almost everything, and 60% Resistance uptimes, even with me and my friend as a duo-Corruption-Necromancer setup. The fact that they nerfed Corruption so hard, even though it wasn't particularly powerful to begin with, is insane.

> >

> > I wish you'd recorded it too.

> >

> > So you'd realise you're talking nonsense.

> >

> > 60% resistance uptime? On FB? The class that gets 3s every 75s?

>

> 3s every 75s? Are you actually outside of your own mind? An average FB with combo finishers and sigils can have enough Resistance uptime to literally negate any form of CC a vanilla or Spectre Necro can output, and this is beyond the Aegis and Blind spam they output. Clearly you're either watching low-Bronze games, or have no idea how often those boons are actually applied.

People who think you can get Resistance from sigils and combo finishers.

These are the people who are commenting on the forums.

This is a cesspit of stupidity. Or really bad trolling.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resistance

Just read this.

I know something that applies ridiculous amounts of resistance :) it‘s called revenant. The incarnation of balance and fun that is close to making ranger unplayable in 2v2s as it has so much aoe condition spam that pets randomly in seconds and even while they are alive, they don’t do anything because revs also spam aoe cc . It’s funny though because people on the forums are so focused on hating the 3rd and to some extend 2nd best class (necro and fb, a comp that is actually beatable without fb/nec as it has little damage) that nobody even talks about what is the most broken build by far (condi rev) or perhaps people have have never faced a decent due to their low rating. Who knows.

I can speak about this 2 classes because i play both... Guardian FB and DH are really OP but ELE not. Specially weaver, ele is the class with the low base health, in cloth that must fight melee, it's right to have some heal and evade if not should be a suicide. infact I don't see so much ele, but tons of FB, Necro and Rev

> @"Rickster.8752" said:

> Nothing dies because these classes can just heal/cleanse everything. Meanwhile you nerfed all the boon removal so they now have perma boons again.

>

>

+1

Elementalist Profession Identity Crisis Continues....

https://wiki-en.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elementalist

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elementalist

**ELEMENTALIST PROFESSION ROLE ARE NOT GUARDIAN PROFESSION SUPPORT ROLE!!!!**

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"Pies.7462" said:

> > > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > @"Pies.7462" said:

> > > > > @"alain.1659" said:

> > > > > Guard has lost a considerable amount of its healing and boons, on top of the amulet changes. Ele seems strong because it is a good bunker + healer and it will shine in in the beginning of the meta in my opinion. It can give a good amount of offensive boons, burst and dedicated heal pretty well. But like FrownyClown.8402 said it might change when people try to find a counter to it.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I wish I had recorded my last match. 2 Firebrands have literal 100% boon uptimes on almost everything, and 60% Resistance uptimes, even with me and my friend as a duo-Corruption-Necromancer setup. The fact that they nerfed Corruption so hard, even though it wasn't particularly powerful to begin with, is insane.

> > >

> > > I wish you'd recorded it too.

> > >

> > > So you'd realise you're talking nonsense.

> > >

> > > 60% resistance uptime? On FB? The class that gets 3s every 75s?

> >

> > 3s every 75s? Are you actually outside of your own mind? An average FB with combo finishers and sigils can have enough Resistance uptime to literally negate any form of CC a vanilla or Spectre Necro can output, and this is beyond the Aegis and Blind spam they output. Clearly you're either watching low-Bronze games, or have no idea how often those boons are actually applied.

>

> People who think you can get Resistance from sigils and combo finishers.

>

> These are the people who are commenting on the forums.

>

> This is a cesspit of stupidity. Or really bad trolling.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resistance

>

> Just read this.

Sadly, the forum thief/war/insert other one shot pre patch build ---mains are on a witch hunt since they can't insta kill someone anymore. Poor them. Ragnar, for the record, been playing a slightly modified build that you developed for the past 3 seasons ---- even before it became "meta". Sadly there is not much that can be done when dealing with misinformed players - no matter how many facts you show them, they won't stop until they can get their 1 button OP class back.