How is Dragonhunter post patch? PvE / WvW / PvP

mes.4607

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> At work! What do you guys think?

PvE, I did the math on big hunter change, and it is about 0.4% damage loss. No other changes to DH or the meta power build.

The new virtue trait is 10% for 6 secs. Extremely weak.

Heavy light is 15% damage against disabled foes, which is the same as big game hunter. It is basically obsolete. big game hunter is better in any and every scenario.

I only played in WvW for about 10 mins on Burn DH, but I did notice that Deflecting shot, while slower, still managed to connect when folks stacked. There is so much visual noise they probably couldn't see the glowy orb drifting their way in time to side-step, and as such, was able to push back /interrupt a few players.

Its a lot harder to hit people with d shot now. Even in melee range, both of you are constantly moving around making far more difficult than pre patch. The .75s delay from when you select where to shoot and when it actually shoots is god awful for a manually aimed skill. They seriously need to lower the cast time because DH longbow just feels EXTREMELY clunky now.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Well I dusted my Guardian off so that I could run burn DH before they nerf it. Got a 10k burn tick in WvW pretty easily. I expect it will get nerfed hard once the balance team has collected their data and rolls out the next patch.

Hard to say, but knowing ANET, they will probably cave and nerf it. Thing is though, a Burn DH is just like a Staff Weaver - if you sit and take all the hits from a MS, don't come to the forums and complain about it killing you. Same holds true with Sword of Justice, though the difference there is, if you're bunched up with other players, Sword of Justice increases in efficiency rather than the other way around. I suspect that is what they will fix, maybe limit how many targets it can apply burning too, etc.

But in a 1v1 situation, if the enemy is eating 10k burning ticks, it's a L2P issue.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > Well I dusted my Guardian off so that I could run burn DH before they nerf it. Got a 10k burn tick in WvW pretty easily. I expect it will get nerfed hard once the balance team has collected their data and rolls out the next patch.

>

> Hard to say, but knowing ANET, they will probably cave and nerf it. Thing is though, a Burn DH is just like a Staff Weaver - if you sit and take all the hits from a MS, don't come to the forums and complain about it killing you. Same holds true with Sword of Justice, though the difference there is, if you're bunched up with other players, Sword of Justice increases in efficiency rather than the other way around. I suspect that is what they will fix, maybe limit how many targets it can apply burning too, etc.

>

> But in a 1v1 situation, if the enemy is eating 10k burning ticks, it's a L2P issue.

Well they were sitting on a catapult, so they were a sitting duck.

Honestly? The Justice counter needs to be different per game mode, but that won't happen. Its fine for it to be lower in PvE, and maybe even sPvP, but in WvW? It is way too easy to stack burn in WvW with Permeating Wrath, Eternal Armory, and symbolic power.

So instead what would be the best approach would be for WvW:

Increase the effect from Permeating Wrath that charges Justice quicker from 3 hits to 4 hits.

Symbolic Power: Reduce the count increase from x2 to x1.66 or x1.33.

> Well they were sitting on a catapult, so they were a sitting duck.

Yes, the reaction needed to survive sword of justice in that situation is much different than what you need to get out of a barrage or meteor shower.

I'm going to bet you a [spicy Cheeseburger] + [Cup of Potato Fries] that ANET's solution will be to add an additional revolution for the Sword of Justice animation, but the first revolution will now do no damage, but will instead introduce "counterplay".

Just like they have added counterplay to every form of backstab ofc /s

> > Well they were sitting on a catapult, so they were a sitting duck.

>

> Yes, the reaction needed to survive sword of justice in that situation is much different than what you need to get out of a barrage or meteor shower.

>

> I'm going to bet you a [spicy Cheeseburger] + [Cup of Potato Fries] that ANET's solution will be to add an additional revolution for the Sword of Justice animation, but the first revolution will now do no damage, but will instead introduce "counterplay".

>

> Just like they have added counterplay to every form of backstab ofc /s

lol. But seriously they need to take a hard look at how often one can proc Virtue of Justice in WvW and balance it. Its fun, but its too strong.

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > Well they were sitting on a catapult, so they were a sitting duck.

> >

> > Yes, the reaction needed to survive sword of justice in that situation is much different than what you need to get out of a barrage or meteor shower.

> >

> > I'm going to bet you a [spicy Cheeseburger] + [Cup of Potato Fries] that ANET's solution will be to add an additional revolution for the Sword of Justice animation, but the first revolution will now do no damage, but will instead introduce "counterplay".

> >

> > Just like they have added counterplay to every form of backstab ofc /s

>

> lol. But seriously they need to take a hard look at how often one can proc Virtue of Justice in WvW and balance it. Its fun, but its too strong.

"too strong" is a relative term.

Normally, players are encouraged to stack to reduce the impact of AoE damage. Sword of Justice on a burn guard is a direct counter to that strategy because by stacking together, you maximize rather than minimize the damage potential of SoJ.

But, you also have to take into account that if a group is stacking, there is boon sharing and condition clearing going on, which acts as a counter to SoJ. One could argue that is balanced, because SoJ is only devastating against unorganized/unaware/slow to react groups of players.

I've seen my attacks get completely shrugged off by organized zergs (I run Sigil of Corruption on my LB, so I know when I'm not generating kills fresh to a fight), but at other times I've flanked other groups on a bridge, etc, and just laid waste to their mid-backline as they ran through my SoJ spam.

But I'm not going to speculate on balance anyways, since for one, this is the spec I'm playing, so that gives me a bias, and secondly, it has been my experience that a large segment of the WvW player base believe themselves to be Gods of PvP, and anything that kills them from a class they don't play must be imbalanced and due for a nerf.

In the end it all depends on the aim the ANET dev has with their darts, and where it lands on the board.

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > Well they were sitting on a catapult, so they were a sitting duck.

> > >

> > > Yes, the reaction needed to survive sword of justice in that situation is much different than what you need to get out of a barrage or meteor shower.

> > >

> > > I'm going to bet you a [spicy Cheeseburger] + [Cup of Potato Fries] that ANET's solution will be to add an additional revolution for the Sword of Justice animation, but the first revolution will now do no damage, but will instead introduce "counterplay".

> > >

> > > Just like they have added counterplay to every form of backstab ofc /s

> >

> > lol. But seriously they need to take a hard look at how often one can proc Virtue of Justice in WvW and balance it. Its fun, but its too strong.

>

> "too strong" is a relative term.

>

> Normally, players are encouraged to stack to reduce the impact of AoE damage. Sword of Justice on a burn guard is a direct counter to that strategy because by stacking together, you maximize rather than minimize the damage potential of SoJ.

>

> But, you also have to take into account that if a group is stacking, there is boon sharing and condition clearing going on, which acts as a counter to SoJ. One could argue that is balanced, because SoJ is only devastating against unorganized/unaware/slow to react groups of players.

>

> I've seen my attacks get completely shrugged off by organized zergs (I run Sigil of Corruption on my LB, so I know when I'm not generating kills fresh to a fight), but at other times I've flanked other groups on a bridge, etc, and just laid waste to their mid-backline as they ran through my SoJ spam.

>

> But I'm not going to speculate on balance anyways, since for one, this is the spec I'm playing, so that gives me a bias, and secondly, it has been my experience that a large segment of the WvW player base believe themselves to be Gods of PvP, and anything that kills them from a class they don't play must be imbalanced and due for a nerf.

>

> In the end it all depends on the aim the ANET dev has with their darts, and where it lands on the board.

>

Well, I'll reiterate that I'm talking about Virtue of Justice passive effect and not Sword of Justice specifically. Dropping Scepter2 and SoJ on a ball of foes is going to melt them quick, but that is due to how strong Permeating Wrath and Symbolic Power are in WvW.

Strong.

Their PvE didn't changed much.

What changed alot is the power shift in WvW and PvP from Power bursts to Condi and CC spam.

DH happens to be a good base to perform both.

Burn DHs will land their spear on someone and then proceed to whale on them with Scepter skills, and yank them back if they run too far, usually into Procession of Blades and Maw.

Power DHs do the same thing, except they do it instantly they land the spear and start using GS spin.