Beginner Experience Collection

YtseJam.9784

So I was doing all the Tutorial achievements, got the Enhanced Mighty boxes, selected an item and cause it was low level I destroyed it. I later realized you have to actually equip the gear to get progress on the collection. I've been farming for more than 2 hours on the same areas I got them originally and not a single drop. Do they drop or am I screwed? Is there another way of getting the items?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've farmed for 7 hours straight, on a new toon that was lvl 1 when i started, it's level 20 now, and I've only got 1 of the 2 I dropped... this is messed up. Done all the 5 starter zone areas that you were supposed to do for the collection, the ones that you are 10 or lower... I put a support ticket to see what they say.

> @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> Well I've farmed for 7 hours straight, on a new toon that was lvl 1 when i started, it's level 20 now, and I've only got 1 of the 2 I dropped... this is messed up. Done all the 5 starter zone areas that you were supposed to do for the collection, the ones that you are 10 or lower... I put a support ticket to see what they say.

I'll just wait then, I don't want to waste several hours and get nothing if it's kinda bugged.

Thanks!

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> > kitten I just have bad luck then. 3hrs so far and not a single drop. Even created a new toon and leveled her to 10 and nothing :(

>

> Try using "Magic Find" food/consumables.

Magic find improve the quality of the things found and with the chests being blue, probably it will be even worse...

Before I got any of them they dropped like candy. Must have gotten all 5 boxes within 25 mobs or so. I also deleted the items before equipping and only got another glove box to drop after 30 minutes of farming.

I think this is intentional, since if they would keep dropping like in the beginning, your inventory would be full within minutes. Since they are useless for anything else, you would have to keep destroying them. Maybe Anet could implement a tweak where they keep dropping frequently for people that have not progressed the achievement yet for equipping the items.

> @"Kronos.3695" said:

> > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > @"YtseJam.9784" said:

> > > kitten I just have bad luck then. 3hrs so far and not a single drop. Even created a new toon and leveled her to 10 and nothing :(

> >

> > Try using "Magic Find" food/consumables.

>

> Magic find improve the quality of the things found and with the chests being blue, probably it will be even worse...

I have max magic find, and i think that might be the problem. It took me a total of about 8 extra hours and 2 new toons to get the 2 I had destroyed, which is kinda odd since It didn't take me that long to get them originally.

I think ANET should consider these two for QoL:

1. Add a vendor to buy each items once you get the corresponding chest, like a lot of other merchs do that sell collection items in case you drop them.

2. Make you type the full name of these collection items when you try to destroy them like they do with other important/collection items in the game

3. Add one of those popups the first time you get one so you are hinted that you need to equip it, you know like the WASD to move, dodge, etc. tutorial popups.

There's a lot of people in map chat in the same boat as me that have dropped the items before equipping them cause they just didn't know since it was a skin that we already had unlocked, just threw it away.

I made the same mistake for the wristguards. Had to reroll my tutorial toon. My concern is: how will a pure beginner even realize this achievement if they don't have something directing them to the achievement panel?

Is there a highlight, tooltip, or huge blinking arrow for brand new accounts that will lead them to this information in-game? Can anyone verify?

Same with me - opened box, selected armor, then tried to salvage it - but NOT salvageable - so I deleted them. It's redundant to have the box and the armor as part of the achievement, and the item should have been account bound anyways when you opened the box. I almost believe this was done intentionally, just to piss off people like us, and try to entice us into grinding those low level areas for hours... I spent about 1.5 hours grinding lowbie areas, not a single drop (need 3 armors). Not worth the 10AP/rewards to me - I was hoping to get my daily 10-krait grind to be in a lvl10 area, but alas all the ones I went to were lvl11 areas...

EDIT - my preview didn't have the word kitten in it, kinda lame preview (it was urine)

> @"XYLO.7031" said:

> I made the same mistake for the wristguards. Had to reroll my tutorial toon. My concern is: how will a pure beginner even realize this achievement if they don't have something directing them to the achievement panel?

>

> Is there a highlight, tooltip, or huge blinking arrow for brand new accounts that will lead them to this information in-game? Can anyone verify?

There are these huge achievement eyesore notifications above the minimap.

And the Novice Explorer Achievements are guaranteed to get their progress notification triggered, unless one magically avoids **all** the level 2 - 10 objectives.

> @"XYLO.7031" said:

> Grinding for 2 hours. The glove box won't drop. It's the last thing I need. Not sure if the game thinks I'm "done" since I got everything else including the glove box. Apparently I have to wear something that won't drop. Lol.

I gave up after farming monsters for 4 hours and getting nothing, and I need the content of 3 chests.

A fix is necessary, too many people on chat are asking for the same thing.

Also same, 3 of the things dropped on my max-level charr that I had taken over to a low-level map just because I was working on map completion anyway, and I destroyed them before learning about the beginner experience collection. I didn't even think it would be an issue since the character wasn't under level 10 when I got the drops in the first place, like the description says.