Can we get an emergency ban on Necromancer and Firebrand in 2v2s?

mortrialus.3062

People have been wanting ranked 2v2s since this game was initially released. It has been eight years asking for an arena type mode. And now that we've finally gotten it 2v2's in the form of a miniseason comes with a balance patch that has left Firebrand and Necromancer in particular universally agreed to be over tuned.

Now obviously, balance is always going to based on a mix of Ranked and MAT performance. The main game mode is conquest and it always will be. I'm not asking for nerfs for builds in game modes that aren't the main mode. But while we wait for the balance team to observe and balance for conquest, can we get an emergency disable on Firebrand and Necromancer in ranked? People have wanted 2v2s for so long it'd be immensely disappointing for the developer team to finally release it only for the only viable team to be Firebrand+Necro.

Plenty of games and tournaments make no bones about outright banning things from play. If you were playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl competitively, Metaknight was banned. In Smash 4 Bayonetta was banned. If you played Street Fighter Old Sagat and Akuma were historic banned characters. During Street Fighter 4 Seth and Gouken had been banned. BlazBue Chronophantasma Kokonoe was banned. In Dragon Ball Fighter Z there are immense calls for GT Goku to be banned and a number of locals have done so. Every single TCG game from Magic, to Yu-Gi-Oh to Pokemon have banned cards.

Can we get an emergency disable on Firebrand and Necromancer in 2v2s for the love of god?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> No because thats a entire class. You cannot ban a entire class, that would be like saying: Lets ban all mesmers because mirage is annoying, or lets ban thief because they are annoying.

> Plenty of games and tournaments make no bones about outright banning things from play. If you were playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl competitively, Metaknight was banned. In Smash 4 Bayonetta was banned. If you played Street Fighter Old Sagat and Akuma were historic banned characters. During Street Fighter 4 Seth and Gouken had been banned. BlazBue Chronophantasma Kokonoe was banned. In Dragon Ball Fighter Z there are immense calls for GT Goku to be banned and a number of locals have done so. Every single TCG game from Magic, to Yu-Gi-Oh to Pokemon has banned cards.

The only thing stopping banning classes is the developer's own will. They can literally do whatever they see fit.

It's more like if the situation was "Ban Mesmer because it's either play mesmer or lose to mesmer." or "Ban thief because it's either play thief or lose to thief." And if mesmer/mirage thief/daredevil/deadeye were in that state they should have been immediately been banned from ranked play until fixes were launched, just like Firebrand and Necro are now. Firebrand and Necro aren't "annoying". They're **everything** now. The only thing remotely close is Condition Revenant and that's nowhere near as powerful on it's own without a Firebrand up it's ass.

That would prevent necro from being able to do any competitive PVP which sucks.

Any time you completely prevent a class not sure if you know what sunwell is, but its a term used in WOW when paladin was completely excluded from a raid and felt neglected and left out.

banning necro would prevent them from competing, and competition can actually show how and what needs nerfed.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> That would prevent necro from being able to do any competitive PVP which sucks.

>

> Any time you completely prevent a class not sure if you know what sunwell is, but its a term used in WOW when paladin was completely excluded from a raid and felt neglected and left out.

>

> banning necro would prevent them from competing, and competition can actually show how and what needs nerfed.

One class feeling excluded and left out is less of a problem than literally every other class feeling excluded and left out.

I'd like to see who gets left out exactly in a video.

Also, like i said:If a class overperforms in the competitive world and is seen it will be nerfed. It probably won't take long to butcher or gut necro knowing the cries for nerfs some of them are over exaggerated.

> @"Sunshine.5014" said:

> Guys, don't ask for a ban so soon. Leave ANet at least 2 weeks to fix. No software company (beside like... Google) can fix, test, release that fast. Especially since this is not a simple fix.

2v2s literally only last for a month. You're asking for 50% of 2v2s to be ruined for most players.

Your asking for a entire class to become exempt from SPVP ranked for being a necro, and thats without being sure if you even understand necro or not.

You got a mesmer icon looks to be mirage.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> Emergency fix: necromancer NO LONGER HAVE 50% reduction from all damage sources in shroud.

> Guardian: removed both evades. (I cant think of other solution except for reduce tome count to 1 xD)

> Boom, fixed :joy:

50% is massive, you are talking about reducing a classes defense when he has no ways to avoid dmg no invulns and very few escapes. That sounds a bit overkill.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Sunshine.5014" said:

> > Guys, don't ask for a ban so soon. Leave ANet at least 2 weeks to fix. No software company (beside like... Google) can fix, test, release that fast. Especially since this is not a simple fix.

>

> 2v2s literally only last for a month. You're asking for 50% of 2v2s to be ruined for most players.

True... I take it back :(. Please forgive me.

> @"Spellhunter.9675" said:

> There is at least 1 setup in 2v2 hardcounter both necro and fb. But as I can see most people can't even use their brains to figure this out. So guys, wait a couple of days and metabattle will tell you how to play the game.

People love to exaggerate and People just want to win regardless of how to fight build they don't want to think.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Spellhunter.9675" said:

> > There is at least 1 setup in 2v2 hardcounter both necro and fb. But as I can see most people can't even use their brains to figure this out. So guys, wait a couple of days and metabattle will tell you how to play the game.

>

> People love to exaggerate and People just want to win regardless of how to fight build they don't want to think.

yeah, it's why now in the 75% of the 2v2 matches you can meet a Necro or FB.

> @"Wayne.6253" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Spellhunter.9675" said:

> > > There is at least 1 setup in 2v2 hardcounter both necro and fb. But as I can see most people can't even use their brains to figure this out. So guys, wait a couple of days and metabattle will tell you how to play the game.

> >

> > People love to exaggerate and People just want to win regardless of how to fight build they don't want to think.

>

> yeah, it's why now in the 75% of the 2v2 matches you can meet a Necro or FB.

I'd like to see proof pls.

I'm not exaggerating about weaver nor have i, and neither should you do the same for necro.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Wayne.6253" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"Spellhunter.9675" said:

> > > > There is at least 1 setup in 2v2 hardcounter both necro and fb. But as I can see most people can't even use their brains to figure this out. So guys, wait a couple of days and metabattle will tell you how to play the game.

> > >

> > > People love to exaggerate and People just want to win regardless of how to fight build they don't want to think.

> >

> > yeah, it's why now in the 75% of the 2v2 matches you can meet a Necro or FB.

>

> I'd like to see proof pls.

>

> I'm not exaggerating about weaver nor have i, and neither should you do the same for necro.

yestarday around 20 matches done, 14 have a necro, there's no reason to exaggerate about weaver, i met only 2 times of it.... It's playable but like the other "normal classes" ;)