Can we get an emergency ban on Necromancer and Firebrand in 2v2s?

mortrialus.3062

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > The only thing stopping banning classes is the developer's own will. They can literally do whatever they see fit.

> > > > >

> > > > Their is a difference here. The ability to do whatever they want isn't what matters. The DISCRETION to do something IS. There will NEVER be a ban on classes, WHATEVER motivates it. It's one of the most nonsensical requests I've seen yet.

> > >

> > > Arenanet saw fit to hard disable Chaotic Interruption in PvP when CI Mirage was running absolutely rough shot over the game mode, and it absolutely deserved that.

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/83741/chaotic-interruption-temporarily-disabled-in-pvp

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81789/we-need-emergency-nerfs

> >

> > OK ... but we are talking about banning classes, not changing traits ... or are you confused about your own thread?

>

> Arenanet literally disabled Chaotic Interruption in SPvP. If you moused over the trait it would say "DISABLED". If you picked the trait it literally wouldn't do anything. It wasn't just nerfed months later. It was outright removed from play until they reworked it

Disabling one trait is not equal to disabling entire specs. Literally just remove big symbols and Firebrand is fine after that.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Axl.8924" Unholy Sanctuary is busted with it's low ICD, really need to be higher. If not also Life Force generation that was untouched.

I can accept that my condition rev is countered by necromancer, it makes sense but if I'm berserker power absolutely landing every bursts and dodging every fears with near 100% perfect RNG on the crits and the person still get to reset on a half shroud at 1% health anytime because it's 30 seconds and every other skills are just as low of a CD to cycle to rinse and repeat, it's a problem.

That> @"Shao.7236" said:

> @"Axl.8924" Unholy Sanctuary is busted with it's low ICD, really need to be higher. If not also Life Force generation that was untouched.

>

> I can accept that my condition rev is countered by necromancer, it makes sense but if I'm berserker power absolutely landing every bursts and dodging every fears with near 100% perfect RNG on the crits and the person still get to reset on a half shroud at 1% health anytime because it's 30 seconds and every other skills are just as low of a CD to cycle to rinse and repeat, it's a problem.

Thats the one i was thinking i wonder how much a impact it would have if it had lets say 40 sec?

The problem is we've got classes which have been balanced around 5v5 Conquest, being put into 2v2 Deathmatch.

Guardian+Necro (of whatever flavour) has pretty much always been the best duo on-point since even before HoT. This is mainly because they have significantly more AoE skills than other classes.

The balance to this is that they can be counter-played by rotating across 3 points. The guard/necro duo can lock down 1 point, but it is then trivially easy for the other team to simply leave them and snowball the other 2 points, and then come back and steam-roll them 4v2, because guard and necro are the 2 slowest classes in the game.

When you transition into 2v2 Deathmatch, the counterplay of out-rotating is taken away.

But if you reduce their power in 2v2 Deathmatch, then in 5v5 Conquest you end up with 2 classes that are both slow and easily out-rotated *and* which don't even make up for it when they finally arrive in a fight.

The only alternative to simply banning from 2v2, would be to re-balance from a 5v5 perspective. Give them both more mobility and escape skills, and reduce AoE spam.

I'm not sure how I feel about that though. That's just turning guardians into warriors and necros into mesmers.

> @"Phoebe Ascension.8437" said:

>These classes are the most dominant a class ever has been in a pvp mode.

This is an exaggeration. I agree that Firebrand and Core Necro need nerfs ASAP, but Mirage and Scourge were far more insane when PoF dropped, and players with no experience on either class would handle 1v3's and win against all 3.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> Plenty of games and tournaments make no bones about outright banning things from play. If you were playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl competitively, Metaknight was banned. In Smash 4 Bayonetta was banned. If you played Street Fighter Old Sagat and Akuma were historic banned characters. During Street Fighter 4 Seth and Gouken had been banned. BlazBue Chronophantasma Kokonoe was banned. In Dragon Ball Fighter Z there are immense calls for GT Goku to be banned and a number of locals have done so. Every single TCG game from Magic, to Yu-Gi-Oh to Pokemon have banned cards.

>

> Can we get an emergency disable on Firebrand and Necromancer in 2v2s for the love of god?

Firebrand and necro are not petshop levels of unbalanced.

Heck I'd fair to say they aren't even bayoneta levels of unbalanced.

And get your facts strait Bayo and metaknight were never widely banned. A couple of locals banned them which followed an immediate backlash.

Banning anything should carry a heavy notion to it.

It's a last resort not your first shot.