Why does anet keep abandoning systems and mechanics?

People Complain and they change stuff that is how things work. From class balance to Content Changes. I started a New Free Account just to see how hard it would be to not have Lots of Bag space and Super Mount movement speed ( You know actually run from one place to the other like we used to do ). To actually work hard and level my Character without those Super " Insta level 80 " boosts. I think I appreciate the New Character more just because of all the hard work I have put into it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> I'm guessing because the general populations didn't find any of those fun.. And their rewards were not worth the hassle of doing them, also anything that entices the toxic elitist types generally pushes away the rest of the populations..

>

> So really they only have themselves and their egos to blame in the long run.

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > Oh I get a chance to wheel this old chestnut out... This is why Anet abandons systems and mechanics:

> >

> >

> > Remember that Arenanet is staffed by PEOPLE doing JOBS. Lots of those people move on, get fired or whatever. What happens is that the guys who made the old content move on and the new guys don't want to spend all their time working out how it all fits together. It's cheaper, easier and more productive to create new stuff all the time. As the video says, "Design Shark". Plus they get to put a "NEW" sticker on it, so they bring fickle deserters back on a regular basis.

>

> Great video this is why i stopped playing Guildwars 2 lol

Ah i see .

Wish although they could implant a PvP mechanic in the open PvE world .

In a timed event some people spawn in the northern/southern parts and in a fixed size ''football court'' and one team tries to Push/Defense the other .

None other can transpass the fixed area and the only option , it to go and stand either the nothern/southern portal to join .

Automatically the system will put you into the Party Squad and whatever its not in it , will replaced their standard ''enemy model'' into an Ogre .

Both teams does -40% less damage and boons+ Conditions are corrupted/cleansed every 2/1 sec .

The ''Football Court'' is as narrow as possible , so spectators can watch from the sides or do other PvE stuff and help any side with capturing/using Trebushe and benefiting if the ''bar of odds to win '' is 50%/50%

edit:

A more time/money consuming option is :

Let players fight a horde or Npcs in the Push/Defence mechanic (no PvP is needed) .

The npcs will be the one defending

Buy a tech that tracks the movement/path the players took to kill the Npcs .

When the npcs are in attacking rotation , at fixed locations that the players casted a spell , then the NPCS use autoattacks or iconic spells like Wirlwind (if they where warriors) .

If there stranglers in the sides , just use invisible Elementalist on the air , the cast Lava Pool +Firestorm to lead/push them back in their base .

Npcs have x5 the stats of the Players and in the next day they copy the movement of the defenders

The meta/camera recording will be refreshed every day , keeping things ''fresh'' and introducing a better ''AI'' without spending milions

> @"Captain Kuro.8937" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > I'm guessing because the general populations didn't find any of those fun.. And their rewards were not worth the hassle of doing them, also anything that entices the toxic elitist types generally pushes away the rest of the populations..

> >

> > So really they only have themselves and their egos to blame in the long run.

> > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > Oh I get a chance to wheel this old chestnut out... This is why Anet abandons systems and mechanics:

> > >

> > >

> > > Remember that Arenanet is staffed by PEOPLE doing JOBS. Lots of those people move on, get fired or whatever. What happens is that the guys who made the old content move on and the new guys don't want to spend all their time working out how it all fits together. It's cheaper, easier and more productive to create new stuff all the time. As the video says, "Design Shark". Plus they get to put a "NEW" sticker on it, so they bring fickle deserters back on a regular basis.

> >

> > Great video this is why i stopped playing Guildwars 2 lol

>

> Ah i see .

> Wish although they could implant a PvP mechanic in the open PvE world .

> In a timed event some people spawn in the northern/southern parts and in a fixed size ''football court'' and one team tries to Push/Defense the other .

> None other can transpass the fixed area and the only option , it to go and stand either the nothern/southern portal to join .

> Automatically the system will put you into the Party Squad and whatever its not in it , will replaced their standard ''enemy model'' into an Ogre .

> Both teams does -40% less damage and boons+ Conditions are corrupted/cleansed every 2/1 sec .

> The ''Football Court'' is as narrow as possible , so spectators can watch from the sides or do other PvE stuff and help any side with capturing/using Trebushe and benefiting if the ''bar of odds to win '' is 50%/50%

>

> edit:

> A more time/money consuming option is :

> Let players fight a horde or Npcs in the Push/Defence mechanic (no PvP is needed) .

> The npcs will be the one defending

> Buy a tech that tracks the movement/path the players took to kill the Npcs .

> When the npcs are in attacking rotation , at fixed locations that the players casted a spell , then the NPCS use autoattacks or iconic spells like Wirlwind (if they where warriors) .

> If there stranglers in the sides , just use invisible Elementalist on the air , the cast Lava Pool +Firestorm to lead/push them back in their base .

> Npcs have x5 the stats of the Players and in the next day they copy the movement of the defenders

> The meta/camera recording will be refreshed every day , keeping things ''fresh'' and introducing a better ''AI'' without spending milions

>

>

Not everyone likes sport or competition.

I kinda stopped paying attention to end game pve when they abandoned dungeons. yeah I did fractals for a while when they came out, but if the mechanics weren't annoying as hell causing wipes then ppl had weird builds that didn't work. in short they were too hard for most ppl. dungeons were great tho, they were that next step up and anybody could join in and feel like they participated in a meaningful way. they were also the best way to level alts back in the day. in a way fractals are dungeons 2.0 but there is enough of a step up in difficulty that a ton of ppl aren't into them. don't get me wrong I like fractals, raids i'll never touch. all that effort into dps rotations lol, yeah forget that. dungeons will always be closest to my heart. the ppl there were cool (I guess cuz everyone was still a noob), usually always had fun convos and ppl were friendly and relaxed. dungeon design is also # 1, not only in visuals but story and real world impact wise. fractals and raids are just some baddie that needs to go down, but in dungeons you are actually doing something that ties into everything else.

my 2 cents.