I thought one shooting was gone

Kragat.5734

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> It's a common misconception. The patch just made it so, if you want to do a lot of damage, you have to invest into doing a lot of damage. Someone who's full glass with maxed out modifiers and might is still going to knock your block off.

+1

correct

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > 14k Worldly Impact? Rookie numbers.

> >

> > https://imgur.com/a/wzluGmr

>

> do it chaith. static discharge meta!

> yeah...

I was trying, friend... but it's so squishy a Soulbeast killed me 3 times over with 3 abilities. Ended this mans entire static discharge career :joy: . But I suspect that glass cannon Soulbeast will not survive this next adjustment patch at all, as it's head and shoulders above other glass cannon specs, easily doubling or even tripling burst and overall output. Full on glass cannon specs are a bit unhealthy, maybe we'll see incentives for Rangers to run a bit more balanced, there's no incentive right now.

Yeah soulbeast need to run ultra squishy and you need mostly 2-3 utility to setup high burst.

It can be effective, but you are arround 40 seconds only 10 sec useful and the rest big meat.

So in general sometimes fun to play but mostly worse for the team instead of having something less glass but more consistent dmg output and fighting time.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > 14k Worldly Impact? Rookie numbers.

> > >

> > > https://imgur.com/a/wzluGmr

> >

> > do it chaith. static discharge meta!

> > yeah...

>

> I was trying, friend... but it's so squishy a Soulbeast killed me 3 times over with 3 abilities. Ended this mans entire static discharge career :joy: . But I suspect that glass cannon Soulbeast will not survive this next adjustment patch at all, as it's head and shoulders above other glass cannon specs, easily doubling or even tripling burst and overall output. Full on glass cannon specs are a bit unhealthy, maybe we'll see incentives for Rangers to run a bit more balanced, there's no incentive right now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAw6lJwGZfsQWKO8W1PTA-zZILBPHA

was messing around with this. its suicide but its fun.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > >

> >

> > yeah...

>

> I was trying, friend... but it's so squishy a Soulbeast killed me 3 times over with 3 abilities. Ended this mans entire static discharge career :joy: . But I suspect that glass cannon Soulbeast will not survive this next adjustment patch at all, as it's head and shoulders above other glass cannon specs, easily doubling or even tripling burst and overall output. Full on glass cannon specs are a bit unhealthy, maybe we'll see incentives for Rangers to run a bit more balanced, there's no incentive right now.

I run Sbow and dagger/torch condi soulbeat and is loads of fun

Very good dmg with insane self healing

i personally dont see how playing a one shoot build is fun as it gets old very quickly and you dont really improve your gameplay by intsa killing/dying

> @"avey.4201" said:

> Ranger, and DE still do 1 shot, but DH is in trash can, so is game.

DE wasnt able to 1-shot in PvP even before the patch (unless you count hitting you with 3 Skirmishers Shots and then hitting you with DJ as "one shotting"), they sure as hell arent doing it now. DH is also currently pretty good in 2v2 (and unclear in Conquest since there is no ranked Conquest right now), just not as busted as Condi Rev, FB or Core Necro.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"avey.4201" said:

> > Ranger, and DE still do 1 shot, but DH is in trash can, so is game.

>

> DE wasnt able to 1-shot in PvP even before the patch (unless you count hitting you with 3 Skirmishers Shots and then hitting you with DJ as "one shotting"), they sure as hell arent doing it now. DH is also currently pretty good in 2v2 (and unclear in Conquest since there is no ranked Conquest right now), just not as busted as Condi Rev, FB or Core Necro.

By those standards no class could 1 shot.

Stealth, stack damage modifiers, then shoot. with right placement/luck, can fire point blank for undodgeable.

I've yet to find a DH not running great sword since patch, and great sword is not good(outside killing npc's) nor competitive.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > >

> >

> > yeah...

>

I'm pretty sure I got mega-trampled a ton as well that match Chaith :p (I usually do). Post patch I've lost too many 1v1s to count, and get hardcore shut down by anyone running a serious build who has more than a couple of brain cells. It no longer one shots reliably, and I need all 3 (ThReEeEe) of my utilities to pull it off with any kind of success haha. A war who was being a troll to me even commented as to how I was terribad because I kept instantly blowing all my CDs, but that's what it takes now to run this meme.

It's a very bad build at this point that I only dick around with in unranked, and like I've said before my power mes bursts harder post-patch with much better active defense IMO.

However I will agree that zerker ranger and mes are above other zerkers atm, (I don't play all the others but my thief definitely got trashed hardcore with the patch.) Though my solution would be buff the others up to par so that we can avoid a bunker/condi meta, rather than nerf down further the few power specs left at this point.

> @"avey.4201" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"avey.4201" said:

> > > Ranger, and DE still do 1 shot, but DH is in trash can, so is game.

> >

> > DE wasnt able to 1-shot in PvP even before the patch (unless you count hitting you with 3 Skirmishers Shots and then hitting you with DJ as "one shotting"), they sure as hell arent doing it now. DH is also currently pretty good in 2v2 (and unclear in Conquest since there is no ranked Conquest right now), just not as busted as Condi Rev, FB or Core Necro.

>

> By those standards no class could 1 shot.

> Stealth, stack damage modifiers, then shoot. with right placement/luck, can fire point blank for undodgeable.

> I've yet to find a DH not running great sword since patch, and great sword is not good(outside killing npc's) nor competitive.

Uh, no, multiple could. Thiefs burst is not very high as far as burst is concerned. Even an Assassins Signet Backstab would rarely hit over 8k other than on the squishiest target. Follow it up with, idk, a heartseeker and it will usually be a total of 12k burst or so. Less on non-squishies. Its not *nothing* but other classes can burst for twice as much, or even more. Even Core Grenade Engineer could hit for 12k with Grenade Barrage alone. And as for non-meme builds, you had Sic Em Soulbeast, Berserker burst, and even Rev in specific circumstances.

Actually, most Im seeing arent using Greatsword. Its mostly Longbow and Sword/Shield.

> @"Malsheem.1794" said:

> > [..] Thiefs burst is not very high as far as burst is concerned [..]

>

> Also...

>

> [https://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/kroenen2/thief%20Vault.jpg](https://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/kroenen2/thief%20Vault.jpg)

>

> Thats 12.5k on a 5 initiative ability.

>

>

6 initiative, actually. It was nerfed in this patch. Though judging by the fact that you got hit for 1k off of black powder, you mustve been *really* squishy. Because Black Powder does basically no damage.

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> Yeah soulbeast need to run ultra squishy and you need mostly 2-3 utility to setup high burst.

> It can be effective, but you are arround 40 seconds only 10 sec useful and the rest big meat.

> So in general sometimes fun to play but mostly worse for the team instead of having something less glass but more consistent dmg output and fighting time.

nope. you don't even need to use sic em or an elite to one shot, with lb at least.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Avatar.3568" said:

> > Yeah soulbeast need to run ultra squishy and you need mostly 2-3 utility to setup high burst.

> > It can be effective, but you are arround 40 seconds only 10 sec useful and the rest big meat.

> > So in general sometimes fun to play but mostly worse for the team instead of having something less glass but more consistent dmg output and fighting time.

>

> nope. you don't even need to use sic em or an elite to one shot, with lb at least.

in silver against bot maybe