which weapon do you want your class to get in the new expansion?

can pretty much guarantee thief will get greatsword,

i'm always right with these things, i guessed druid using staff and viney magic before HoT,

i guessed thief using staff with a kind of "monk" spec before daredevil happened,

so now i'm back with another prophecy again, thief is gonna get a sort-of Samurai themed spec,

not only does it fit the class, but it also perfectly fits the eastern feel of Cantha.

THIEF WILL GET GREATSWORD.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would _love_ for ele or mesmer to be able to use longbow! I think it would be kind of unusual and unexpected for either class, but I like the idea of "magic" arrows with elemental/illusionary properties. Also, for selfish reasons, I just want to be able to use Kudzu on more of my characters. :p

Editing to add: I could see scepter or mace for engi, acting as some sort of electrical conduit perhaps? Scepter for revenant wouldn't seem out of place to me as it's kind of a "woo-woo mists/magic" kind of profession, and a caster-type of weapon could work. As for the legend to go with it? I have no idea.

> @"HardRider.2980" said:

> > @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > What do you mean to early to influence their decisions. Most likely, they literally just started working on this expansion and it is a couple of years away.

> >

> > As for the weapon I want for Engineer, I really want a staff. As for the role, either a support spec worthy of being meta in raids and fractals, or some sort of AoE damage spec that makes us wanted in WvW meta zergs. Or also, a good PvP condi spec.

>

> I really doubt they would of just started this tbh. If anything they would of started this ages ago and paused it or moved a lot of resources from it and now are picking it back up.

>

Well when they announced the new saga, they said that no expansion was in the works at all. So if they are announcing an expansion now, then they literally just started working on it.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > > > Just give the current weapons more skill options.

> > >

> > > Yes! It would be swell to finally be able to pick weapon skills rather than having them locked to the weapon. I miss GW1's skill system.

> >

> > That might make balancing even more complicated, but I would love to see an elite spec that uses an old weapon in a new way.

>

> Whether you get more skill options or a new weapon added to the profession doesn't matter, because both options make balancing more complicated. It is too late for the game to go back to GW1's skill system, but I would appreciate a little more diversity either way.

It does matter though. If you're talking about interchangeable weapon skills, then that means I can mix old weapon skills with new ones, creating much more combinations than if I just had a new weapon with 5 set skills. More customization may be more fun for us, but it is more difficult for them to balance since they have to take into account all the possible skill combinations.

> @"Shaogin.2679" said:

> It does matter though. If you're talking about interchangeable weapon skills, then that means I can mix old weapon skills with new ones, creating much more combinations than if I just had a new weapon with 5 set skills.

I didn't mean for an endless amount of options, though, but you are right, of course.

Still, it would be cool if they provided a limited amount of options per skill slot and weapon. At least it would be a lot more diverse and fun than what we have now.