downstate op

The downstate mechanic for PvP needs to be looked at. The person downed should not have an advantage over someone who is not. I think they should remove all damage done in downed state and have a common mechanic like the shadow escape on the thief which goes on a cooldown so that we only use it when there is a real short at winning a node. Current downed skills that fear, interrupt and do damage are ridiculous as it makes us use skills that could otherwise be saved for actual combat.

Also a person should not be able to be ressed up more than once unless the ressing is being done by a healer or support build with a ressing trait or a skill. This would lead to better build variety and actually making a decision when to ress.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Fantasylife.7981" said:

> > > :# yah warrior downstate turned into a joke lul

> >

> > Most of the class did, not just downstate lol

>

> Seriously Warrior needs some URGENT love.

>

> Also downstate is a joke, I hope they patch this today.

Lol doubt it. It's sad warrior is one of the weakest classes for melee, was already weak in ranged builds other than meme zerk for that little bit and that's understandable as it was a melee monster as a warrior class should be but now its weak melee and weak ranged. Only anet could make a warrior class weaker in melee than say ranger or other specs lmao. I've been messing with soulbeast and its gs skills combo's with smokescale is good fun and actually effective unlike warrior melee skills except for splb f1 which wasnt nerfed YET. Not saying soulbeast gs is OP just saying its atleast effective

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > @"Fantasylife.7981" said:

> > > > :# yah warrior downstate turned into a joke lul

> > >

> > > Most of the class did, not just downstate lol

> >

> > Seriously Warrior needs some URGENT love.

> >

> > Also downstate is a joke, I hope they patch this today.

>

> Lol doubt it. It's sad warrior is one of the weakest classes for melee, was already weak in ranged builds other than meme zerk for that little bit and that's understandable as it was a melee monster as a warrior class should be but now its weak melee and weak ranged. Only anet could make a warrior class weaker in melee than say ranger or other specs lmao. I've been messing with soulbeast and its gs skills combo's with smokescale is good fun and actually effective unlike warrior melee skills except for splb f1 which wasnt nerfed YET. Not saying soulbeast gs is OP just saying its atleast effective

I agree it’s ridiculous, Soulbeast GS is absurd damage right now compared to Warrior who has to stay in a punishingly short 130 range of the enemy just to land some seriously lukewarm damage. Even Ranger melee gets 220 range.

Shouldn’t Warrior be rewarded for 130 range? Shouldn’t it be rewarded for that considering you then need to build yourself around just actually managing to stay and not die in 130 range?

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > @"Fantasylife.7981" said:

> > > > > :# yah warrior downstate turned into a joke lul

> > > >

> > > > Most of the class did, not just downstate lol

> > >

> > > Seriously Warrior needs some URGENT love.

> > >

> > > Also downstate is a joke, I hope they patch this today.

> >

> > Lol doubt it. It's sad warrior is one of the weakest classes for melee, was already weak in ranged builds other than meme zerk for that little bit and that's understandable as it was a melee monster as a warrior class should be but now its weak melee and weak ranged. Only anet could make a warrior class weaker in melee than say ranger or other specs lmao. I've been messing with soulbeast and its gs skills combo's with smokescale is good fun and actually effective unlike warrior melee skills except for splb f1 which wasnt nerfed YET. Not saying soulbeast gs is OP just saying its atleast effective

>

> I agree it’s ridiculous, Soulbeast GS is absurd damage right now compared to Warrior who has to stay in a punishingly short 130 range of the enemy just to land some seriously lukewarm damage. Even Ranger melee gets 220 range.

>

> Shouldn’t Warrior be rewarded for 130 range? Shouldn’t it be rewarded for that considering you then need to build yourself around just actually managing to stay and not die in 130 range?

As far as I'm concerned war should be thee melee dps spec given it's the warrior class. Top melee and good but not amazing sustain and ranged skills should be what anet should be aiming for. Right now warrior does not feel like a warrior.u shouldn't have to rely on splb un nerfed f1 to feel like ur doing enough melee dps to keep up with other classes.

ANET : "We are lowering power damage to come in line with a slower time to kill and more elaborate play."

Also ANET : "We have no idea what we are doing and completely forgot to balance downstate abilities and rezzing in accordance with our change to the power damage spikes and time to kill."

These dudes are bunch of clowns.

> @"Kickpuncher.8109" said:

> ANET : "We are lowering power damage to come in line with a slower time to kill and more elaborate play."

>

> Also ANET : "We have no idea what we are doing and completely forgot to balance downstate abilities and rezzing in accordance with our change to the power damage spikes and time to kill."

>

> These dudes are bunch of clowns.

Were also reducing power lvs across the board regardless of current unused state of some skills and trait therefore they shall remain useless. Thank u.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > If you're losing to downed players, you deserve to lose.

> >

> > Bingo. Cop that.

>

> Notice both Necro players, wonder why they love downstate right now.

I literally never get kills from DS because even my noob ass can keep a core bunker alive through meme glass build dumps at the beginning of the match. I'm sorry you're not adapting well to pvp. Also: I play everything. I just respond to more necro threads because watching nerds cry over their power builds not being able to insta-burst bunkers is hilarious.

I don't think downstate skills are so much the issue as is the amount damage on cleave was nerfed reletive to revive speed. If u down someone and their teamate comes whether u target rez'er or rez'ie ur gonna end up in a 2v1 lol and that's pretty stupid. Great reward for downing ur opponent and great penalty for being downed. Then again this is gw2 so this type of balancing is to be expected no?

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > If you're losing to downed players, you deserve to lose.

> >

> > Bingo. Cop that.

>

> Notice both Necro players, wonder why they love downstate right now.

I've already mentioned years ago that I'd be all for a complete spec based on downstate, not much of a stretch due to our high mobility, so yeah you're right, great pickup there Arthur.