Is it fair that LW S1 achievement points are unobtainable for newer players?

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > @Tasida.4085 said:

> > And it is totally fair imo. As many have said in the past, **you should have been there**. GL

>

> That is the most nonsensical argument in the world. Maybe people _would have been there_, had they known that ANet intended to deliver unrepeatable "once in a lifetime" content in GW2.

>

> I didn't get into GW2 for a long time for the same reason as the OP, as I was still too adjusted to the GW1 mechanics. Had someone told me, "Hey, listen, here is something to motivate you to give the game another chance: exclusive content that will never return!", I _might_ have "been there". But no one did. So I wasn't.

>

> Thanks for being ignorant like that. Or maybe it just makes you feel "special" that _you_ were there. Either way, not the nicest response to address the issue.

Looks like the mass populace agrees, even those who missed it....Should've been there :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was their first attempt.

They learned from ls1, and now the other ls are avaible whenever you want.

I do understand that is unfair due to gw2 mechanics ( achievements and related stuff ), but you have to deal with it cause i guess ( as some stated ) there's no way that we are going to see again ls1.

Season one is done and gone. Tournaments in WvW are done and gone. AP points associated with them are gone.

If they bring season one back, then that would be fine. If it has AP with it, even better.

However, nothing about those things being done and gone is remotely 'unfair'.

If your goal is to earn achievement points for the rewards, you can still do it. If your goal it to be atop of the leaderboard and you're just starting out; you'll have to wait for attrition as those on top retire from the game.

> @Tasida.4085 said:

> > @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > > @Tasida.4085 said:

> > > And it is totally fair imo. As many have said in the past, **you should have been there**. GL

> >

> > That is the most nonsensical argument in the world. Maybe people _would have been there_, had they known that ANet intended to deliver unrepeatable "once in a lifetime" content in GW2.

> >

> > I didn't get into GW2 for a long time for the same reason as the OP, as I was still too adjusted to the GW1 mechanics. Had someone told me, "Hey, listen, here is something to motivate you to give the game another chance: exclusive content that will never return!", I _might_ have "been there". But no one did. So I wasn't.

> >

> > Thanks for being ignorant like that. Or maybe it just makes you feel "special" that _you_ were there. Either way, not the nicest response to address the issue.

>

> Looks like the mass populace agrees, even those who missed it....Should've been there :)

Same, i took a year off to play ESO, my choice my loss - its just an achievement or 2. If someone wanted to leave GW2 because of issue X now, im not going to be swayed by the existence of some achievment that may go in some point in the future. In saying that, the option to buy the missing content with gems is a useful thing to have in the shop imo.

> @Tasida.4085 said:

> Seriously? Another S1 thread? It's not going to happen, but keep hoping :) And it is totally fair imo. As many have said in the past, you should have been there. GL

Agreed, i mean i have couple achivs from back in 2012 that arnt in game anymore it's just ap dont mean anything nobody losing anything. AP Is a personal thing reward for goals thats it.

Didn't anyone ever tell you? Life's not fair.

I really don't understand why you even think this is a question of fairness, though. I didn't play those storylines when they were available, because I didn't have time. So I don't have those points either. That is just the way it is. It has nothing to do with fairness at all.

I can say, as someone who hasn't seen the LS1 content, it does make LS2 a bit more confusing jumping story like that. I cant say for sure, but I didn't pay attention any of that story, and it is mostly because I want invested in the characters that sprang up in the first season.

I wouldn't be against being able to play the first season, just for the story, but I don't expect it to happen. I had never heard of guild wars at the time, so I missed out for reasons outside of my control, but i won't be upset if I never see it. I honestly didn't care about most of the cast of characters until around the end of HoT, and even then, I didn't really recognize some of them.

I dont think there is a definite answer. Some people will say it's fair. Some will say it's not fair. And both sides bring valid arguments.

In case of temporary available AP, Blizzard uses more lenient system in WoW. For them every achievement which counts to AP total must be currently obtainable in game. If some content is removed, all associated achievements loose their point value and are moved to a separate legacy tab. In that system even if someone starts playing the game now, he/she can theoretically obtain maximum possible AP count.

In GW2 even though daily AP count was capped, there are still tons of S1 achievements and all seasonal achievements. So for example if you was not there in November 2012 during the first Halloween festival, you are already behind with AP you can't obtain.

I prefer the WoW's system but I think Arena uses the temporary AP stuff to force/encourage players to log-in and play (and possibly spend money) so it is directly tied to their business model.

At least the return of the battle in old Lion's Arch would be great, of course easier as a solo content. I would pay gems for it, even when I was there at this time. Unfortunately I never had the change to kill Scarlet because I couldn't find an organized group on my server with only na-players, outside that timezone. Guesting a T1 server was my only chance, but I had bad luck with that. I don't care about achievementpoints, I would like to kill Scarlet even so.