Trying to learn d/d Weaver - send help

Anaesthetising.8502

Hello! So I've been trying to learn d/d on Weaver and I'm finding it incredibly hard. Started ele about 3 weeks ago and I love it and enjoy the complexities of using both weapons. That being said though it's been so tough making any headway. I feel as though everything shuts me down with ease, so I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

I was told that ele is really all about rotations, however I don't feel that's the case with d/d. It seems that a big part of this is learning the combinations in and out in order to use certain abilities to adapt to the opponent.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you!

S/D or D/F are easier combinations to fight with in Pvp than D/D. If you're adamant about D/D Weaver then your greatest potential is in team fights rather than 1v1 duels. Given the fact that self sustain is lacking

D/D core ele is making a soft come back if you're interested in that

Core ele is part muscle memory and part reaction. Usually you switch between offense and defence depending on the situation. Weaver is harder in that if you dont think about what your switching to you are locking yourself out from the skills you wanted. It's a bit of muscle memory as well but relies more on damage from dual attacks to pressure people.

Core is making a soft comeback in that its viable, but poopoo for damage. Menders with Dwayna runes is a good choice if you wanna not die, but it will take a minute to 1v1 and win. Its alot like protection holo. Its tanky and can 2v1 a bit. You could go sage which is a better duelist option, but teamfights you wont do much. Or you can run zerker and never do as much damage as weaver nor have the sustain from barrier

Read skills; dmg, combo field/finisher, cast time, CD, effect etc.

Try to cc and kill pack of mobs in Pve with different rotations. It's not "players" but it's faster to learn combo, learn the CD...

There is also a bif difference if you play with unravel or not. On sword "core" skills #3 are not bad (at least Quantum strike) but are not worth to attune in single element. On dagger, core skills#3 are a very different type (leaps, sustain, dmg) than the dual attacks, you should want them in your rotation. It seems harder at beginning, this utility skill is not very intuitive, but if you know well core d/d on contrary it becomes way easier.

On self sustain, you lack the easy evades Riptide and earth vortex, but you have more cc, more range, 360° radius, and leaps. 1v1 are not an issue, it can even be easier against most of the classes.

There are tons of combo.

Air/earth #3 (stab, dmg reduction, anti blind) > #4 # 5 > (unravel) > Schoking aura while casting. Or Water/earth #3 > #5 > (unravel) > Schoking aura

Water/fire #3 > air/water #3 or water/water or air/fire or (unravel) earth #4 #5 (or the dodge with "Evasive Arcane" trait). Very short combo field duration, but with some experience and unravel you can blast it twice.

air #4 # 5 > burning speed >(unravel > earthen rush > earth #4 # 5 > schoking aura. Etc

Air #2 is also very important as you apply weakness and earn fury, you sould spam it.

Primordial stance is nice too to apply a lot of vulnerability for your strong skills.

If you play with Signet of restoration, never stop to press skills or AA.

Don't spam too early your dual skills when you change attunement; most them are CC and one of them a combo field, so you may want to attune to another element to burst or combo. Use them when you're ready to chain skills after. (Like "F2"... SPAM 33333333, wow, gently, what do you want to do after this skill ?)

If you're new with weaver, you should start with sword (sw/d or sw/f) ; easier, more intuitive.

You might wanna learn core dd first to memorize the skills. Like everyone said ele is part knowledge and part muscle memory. And weaver is a tad bit more complicated with having dual attunements.

Great way to learn is to do some pve content. You are not pressured in old maps thus you can try new combos, learn chains and perfect your execution. It always helps me to do some old maps and learn the specific build first (then I go to pvp or wvw to learn it in action)

Just figuring out a pretty good D/D weaver build. Arcane/Water/Weaver. Tons of heals and cleanses. Stack Power/Precision/Ferocity and your damage should be pretty decent.

Fun build. Very mobile. With Lightning flash, you'll be running around enemies... With a build like that, learn to decap/plus one/and cc in team fights to win matches.

There is nothing D/D can do better than D/F if yu are intending to use Daggers for PvP.

D/D is just going full damage and damage only with little care for defensive skills.

The reason why S/D and D/F pairs well and are picked often is because Sword is an excellent Damage/Defensive set to complement Dagger's damaging Fire and Earth, and Dagger is damaging enough on its own so Focus is usually picked for Lighting Rod builds to CC players.

Bunker weavers use Sword/Focus to combine extreme survivability with their burst burning to whittle down opponents.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgijNYeWnBhJr16bF-zpjoXJQCLAA

Eh, I would say try it. More fun than LR. Easy to run around enemies, decap, +1, and manage condis. For a D/D build, it isn't bad.

For Elites you use either Weave Self (against thieves/rangers) or FGS (against teams that clump together and aoe)

For Amulets/Runes you use either

Demolisher/Soldier or Wurm

Bezerker/Doylak

Or Paladin/Evasion

All depending on how good you are with the build.

EDIT: You can also trade out piercing shards trait for stop, drop and roll if it's really bad opposing condi team. If so, trade Sigil of Exposure with Sigil of Intelligence for more crits.