Next e-spec is going to be disappointing

Drennon.7190

That's a very narrow (and wrong) way to see e-specs. If anything DD revolved around "evade/dodge" (being proficient in both power and condition damage) and DE around it's "mark" (being mostly proficient in power burst and boon support, Still it doesn't mean that it is a bad condi dps either).

The next e-spec might give more of a "spellcaster" vibe, changing _steal_ by _snatch_ (melee, steal bundle and shadow step away from your foe) for a gameplay mostly center around kitting and mobility.

Or you could have an e-spec pushing the resilience of the thief by giving up it's burst, replacing _stealth_ by _shadow cloack_ (A gameplay more oriented toward being able to take a beating through maintaining _shadow cloack_), add to that some way to self reveal yourself despite not being able to enter stealth by yourself and you get a pretty complete e-spec with a very different gameplay (mostly tankier).

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> That's a very narrow (and wrong) way to see e-specs. If anything DD revolved around "evade/dodge" (being proficient in both power and condition damage) and DE around it's "mark" (being mostly proficient in power burst and boon support, Still it doesn't mean that it is a bad condi dps either).

>

> The next e-spec might give more of a "spellcaster" vibe, changing _steal_ by _snatch_ (melee, steal bundle and shadow step away from your foe) for a gameplay mostly center around kitting and mobility.

>

> Or you could have an e-spec pushing the resilience of the thief by giving up it's burst, replacing _stealth_ by _shadow cloack_ (A gameplay more oriented toward being able to take a beating through maintaining _shadow cloack_), add to that some way to self reveal yourself despite not being able to enter stealth by yourself and you get a pretty complete e-spec with a very different gameplay (mostly tankier).

I hope you’re right. Duel wield sword shadow magic bruiser would be nice to have.

> @"Drennon.7190" said:

> So far we have had a melee power spec and now a ranged power spec. Which means, the next will probably condi or support...

>

>

I hope you are incorrect, but I fear they will try to push a support spec. They love weird shit like that.

I would be interested to see an elite spec centered around revealing yourself and getting bonuses while being revealed, but maybe that would be trash.

> @"TakeCare.3182" said:

> > @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > So far we have had a melee power spec and now a ranged power spec. Which means, the next will probably condi or support...

> >

> >

>

> I hope you are incorrect, but I fear they will try to push a support spec. They love weird kitten like that.

>

> I would be interested to see an elite spec centered around revealing yourself and getting bonuses while being revealed, but maybe that would be trash.

You already have some trait that buff you while revealed so maybe a trait that increase the time you are revealed after a stealth attack could make them more appaeling.

> @"TakeCare.3182" said:

> > @"Drennon.7190" said:

> > So far we have had a melee power spec and now a ranged power spec. Which means, the next will probably condi or support...

> >

> >

>

> I hope you are incorrect, but I fear they will try to push a support spec. They love weird kitten like that.

>

> I would be interested to see an elite spec **centered around revealing yourself and getting bonuses while being revealed**, but maybe that would be trash.

You can kind of build for revealed and around it but those traits already compete for best in slot and it's hard to ditch Trickery for DE to take Silent Scope but it would be an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind a support spec even if I wouldn't use it much (hypothetical, I'd mess around with that), other thieves would appreciate broadening their builds to fit how they'd like to play more.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Guarentee if it's a support spec its traits and skills will be severely underwhelming and will be over shadowed by fb making it pointless. Just ask druids, a spec that should be thee support spec of the game.

> So yeah.... disappointing.

It would also be wild to see how they could make a support Elite spec that could keep existing mechanics like stealth and whatever core traits can add from becoming a sustaining super star. I play a quasi support build but it's just repurposing combat features to cover and intercept for people, a build with inherent support would have to be able to stick around without being a reflexive freak of nature but not turn into the next hated-but-needed build for groups and squads. You're probably right about it likely being underwhelming as far as the feeling of impact you get with skills and mobility.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> Thief is built around three major things. Stealth. dodges and shadow steps.

>

> Daredevil enhanced the dodge aspect.

>

> DE enhanced the stealth aspect.

>

> I think the next should focus on the shadowsteps. Stuff that gives more utility to shadow stepping.

IMO there is already too much mobility in thief and even in the game in general. I'd like to have the game balanced where you are stuck closer to your enemy.

> @"Cobrakon.3108" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > Thief is built around three major things. Stealth. dodges and shadow steps.

> >

> > Daredevil enhanced the dodge aspect.

> >

> > DE enhanced the stealth aspect.

> >

> > I think the next should focus on the shadowsteps. Stuff that gives more utility to shadow stepping.

>

> IMO there is already too much mobility in thief and even in the game in general. I'd like to have the game balanced where you are stuck closer to your enemy.

Adding to shadowsteps need not entail more mobility. We have "revealed training" as example that does not provide stealth but provides benefits when coming from stealth. The same can be done with our ports.

There a port skill in the SA tree that heals when porting and heals those around. It is not overly useful compared to the other traits but these are the things I speak of when focusing on teleport skills.

As to sticking near the enemy they tried this with staff and the Daredevil changes. You can not stick with the enemy without the ability to mitigate damage and with the thief in daredevil that tends to be using dodge/evades or stealth. If just as example we had a utility that only ported To an enemy and gave some benefit after the port such as "recover 2 ini" then it a way of promoting stick to the enemy. A port to an enemy can also have some sort of AOE effect if traited again promoting engagement.