Super Adventure Festival 2020

> @"Laevateinn.6289" said:

> - What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

2-3 Storm Top. Tons of side areas, secrets, shortcuts, backtracking, multiple paths through... it has everything. Don't underestimate the value of those teleporters! Sometimes I _want_ to skip most of the level, and there's nothing wrong with that. 2-2 could use more stuff like that - whole place is way too linear, and Shortcut Eagle isn't enough.

> - Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

Crimson Assassin Tokens. We also need somewhere to spend our excess Crimson tokens at some point in the future.

> - What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

Super Adventure Lounge Pass - a 1000 gem area floating above the Super Adventure Box with all the usual amenities. You could drop down from there to get easy access to the cloud cannons, bee dogs, and flags. The main thing I want out of the lounge pass though is year-round access to SAB. I know, it's a temporary festival, but it would be a good way of showing my support for world 3 and 4 development - because if people bought the lounge pass, they probably want those worlds too! It would also be permanent access to the weekly vendor and SAB dailies for pass holders, which... isn't _that_ broken, really. I have fun in SAB - where's the harm if I can keep doing that?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do really want a new world, but in terms of smaller goals the slingshot is currently the only item without an upgrade, and we REALLY need another wallet upgrade to at least 1,000. It's tedious and unnecessary to have to bail at the end of every zone to deposit/cash in your baubles because otherwise(and sometimes regardless) you'll hit 750 before the end of a zone that has a lot of dig chests and such, and have baubles going to waste because you can't collect them.

...also, it feels weird that while we have like 5 different weapon sets plus backpacks, gliders, minis, gathering tools and now a mount that are SAB-themed, we still don't have armor. Like, at least do an Outfit if you don't wanna design 3 full armor sets, but some kind of wearable to go with the weapons feels long overdue.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> New World, I want to go into the caverns, I hope we can get more rapids. Having an underwater zone would be cool. I just want to continue the game, but maybe at World 1 lengths not World 2 lengths. If you can come up with a cool SAB Beetle track, I would be into that too. SAB mount pack would not be remiss.

That is (or at least, was) definitely the plan, if you look at the overworld map before stages. There isn't enough room at the top for 3 more zones between Storm Top and what looks like the big bad's area, which would presumably be the last world. So they take advantage of some of that underutilized lower half space by having the Storm Wizard drop us underground.

Also, I want to speak about something important, **stop putting choyas in SAB**. When SAB was launched, POF wasn't here, and it's weird to find them even in the first levels. You already have a foe for the races: **SAB Hedgehog**. And I can only hope that those mining choyas are temporary.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Also, I want to speak about something important, **stop putting choyas in SAB**. When SAB was launched, POF wasn't here, and it's weird to find them even in the first levels. You already have a foe for the races: **SAB Hedgehog**. And I can only hope that those mining choyas are temporary.

Never saw a SAB Hedgehog tho so no idea what your talking about.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Also, I want to speak about something important, **stop putting choyas in SAB**. When SAB was launched, POF wasn't here, and it's weird to find them even in the first levels. You already have a foe for the races: **SAB Hedgehog**. And I can only hope that those mining choyas are temporary.

>

> Never saw a SAB Hedgehog tho so no idea what your talking about.

Oh? It's the npc announcing races in the hub! :o ^^

![](https://i.imgur.com/Y213Pe7.jpg)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Race_Announcer

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > Also, I want to speak about something important, **stop putting choyas in SAB**. When SAB was launched, POF wasn't here, and it's weird to find them even in the first levels. You already have a foe for the races: **SAB Hedgehog**. And I can only hope that those mining choyas are temporary.

> >

> > Never saw a SAB Hedgehog tho so no idea what your talking about.

>

> Oh? It's the npc announcing races in the hub! :o ^^

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Y213Pe7.jpg)

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Race_Announcer

>

Oh cant say I ran around there recently as in the last few years must have forgotten about it. =P

If you do make a new world:

- don't make the zones horribly long/annoying like 202 & 203

- don't add any time wasting elements like raft in 201, octopus feeding or puzzles (gets real boring after 1st time)

- no sliding on ice or doing mechanics while a psycho cloud is chasing you please

- don't make bauble collection achievement a royal pain in the you know what

- fix your trampolines & bouncing mushrooms or scrap any future plans for those

Although annoying enough by itself W1 was OK in terms of length/difficulty in tribulation. W2 is too much of an annoyance and a waste of time if you want to get everything done in a reasonable GW2 festival timeframe...

> @"Friday.7864" said:

> If you do make a new world:

> - don't make the zones horribly long/annoying like 202 & 203

> - don't add any time wasting elements like raft in 201, octopus feeding or puzzles (gets real boring after 1st time)

> - no sliding on ice or doing mechanics while a psycho cloud is chasing you please

> - don't make bauble collection achievement a royal pain in the you know what

> - fix your trampolines & bouncing mushrooms or scrap any future plans for those

>

> Although annoying enough by itself W1 was OK in terms of length/difficulty in tribulation. W2 is too much of an annoyance and a waste of time if you want to get everything done in a reasonable GW2 festival timeframe...

Maaan getting mashed by trib clouds was the best part of w2z2 and 3. I do agree about the trampolines though, it's one thing being deleted by lightning, but running off a ledge because it decided not to launch you is simply infuriating.

> @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> > @"Friday.7864" said:

> > If you do make a new world:

> > - don't make the zones horribly long/annoying like 202 & 203

> > - don't add any time wasting elements like raft in 201, octopus feeding or puzzles (gets real boring after 1st time)

> > - no sliding on ice or doing mechanics while a psycho cloud is chasing you please

> > - don't make bauble collection achievement a royal pain in the you know what

> > - fix your trampolines & bouncing mushrooms or scrap any future plans for those

> >

> > Although annoying enough by itself W1 was OK in terms of length/difficulty in tribulation. W2 is too much of an annoyance and a waste of time if you want to get everything done in a reasonable GW2 festival timeframe...

>

> Maaan getting mashed by trib clouds was the best part of w2z2 and 3. I do agree about the trampolines though, it's one thing being deleted by lightning, but running off a ledge because it decided not to launch you is simply infuriating.

I refuse to even try Tribulation mode in world 2 after watching some play through videos. Its a festival, things are supposed to be fun, not rage inducing. Theres only two festivals i can think of with hard achievements beside this one, and neither take as much time or as much effort as these(Halloween, clocktower. Queens Pavilion, Liadra and King.). Tbh i agree with some other posters about breaking those zones up, and i really agree with them about making future zones not anywhere as hard.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> > > @"Friday.7864" said:

> > > If you do make a new world:

> > > - don't make the zones horribly long/annoying like 202 & 203

> > > - don't add any time wasting elements like raft in 201, octopus feeding or puzzles (gets real boring after 1st time)

> > > - no sliding on ice or doing mechanics while a psycho cloud is chasing you please

> > > - don't make bauble collection achievement a royal pain in the you know what

> > > - fix your trampolines & bouncing mushrooms or scrap any future plans for those

> > >

> > > Although annoying enough by itself W1 was OK in terms of length/difficulty in tribulation. W2 is too much of an annoyance and a waste of time if you want to get everything done in a reasonable GW2 festival timeframe...

> >

> > Maaan getting mashed by trib clouds was the best part of w2z2 and 3. I do agree about the trampolines though, it's one thing being deleted by lightning, but running off a ledge because it decided not to launch you is simply infuriating.

>

> I refuse to even try Tribulation mode in world 2 after watching some play through videos. Its a festival, things are supposed to be fun, not rage inducing. Theres only two festivals i can think of with hard achievements beside this one, and neither take as much time or as much effort as these(Halloween, clocktower. Queens Pavilion, Liadra and King.). Tbh i agree with some other posters about breaking those zones up, and i really agree with them about making future zones not anywhere as hard.

I've never understood why some people simply cannot allow others to have fun doing something they themselves are incapable of. Dude, you don't have to do tribulation mode, so no not everything has to "be fun". It's OK to have difficult bits too, sometimes bits that are too difficult for most. By all means make world 3 infantile mode as silly as the first two, but normal and especially tribulation should be rock solid.

I like the puzzles and challenges in W2, but W2Z2&3 are just too long! Each of them could be cut in half, though when the shortcuts are available (not in tribulation obviously) their length is good. Also, the trampolines and bouncing mushrooms need to be more reliable. Nothing worse than running off the edge to your death because the trampoline didn't bounce you.

Plus The raft is actually the best part of W2-1, you can just spam attack, I assure you, no ninjas would hit you. I agree with @"nosleepdemon.1368" above, sure make world 3-4 infantile easy kindergarden, normal as normal but please hard tribulation, it's the point of tribulation. It's not because you don't like hard things that you should disallow everyone to experience hard things. As example, you want to travel from Paris to Moscow by plane or by foot, will you force EVERYONE to take plane? And asking to remove all those annoying long roads? No. It's really crazy what is happening right now. Enjoy Infantile and normal, use all the shortcut, and leave tribulation alone, don't give feedback about it if you simply never played it or enjoying it. Let speak the persons who really care about tribulation. It's like ranting about PvP whereas you never PvPed. W2-3 is as long as W1-2! Just use portals and follow easy path. W2-2 is 7 min long with shortcut eagle! Is it abusive? (both in normal)

The real issue is fixing those trampolines and mushrooms!! I frankly think the only "thing" bothering me is the fact that fishes jump out of your hands. Annoying. And Well you are forced to die at glove puzzle tribulation due to tribulation cloud, you can't put a cloud chasing you at a puzzle requiring you to correctly position yourself to push blocks.

Raft best part? It's easy and takes a long time which is exactly why it is **BORING** if you do it more than once

To the point I could do it blindfolded by moving left and right when that ninja is about to throw a shuriken...

And I absolutely despise the invulnerable tribulation clouds. It's just a way to stall my progress even more in zones 202 & 203 which already take too long to complete on their own. I guess it's a personality thing if you like getting punished for no reason without being able to do anything about it. Psycho clouds are the worst in my opinion.

It's ok to make challenging content OR time consuming content for **temporary** festivals. **NOT both at the same time!**

Not everyone has the luxury to waste as much time as they want on a festival.

> @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"nosleepdemon.1368" said:

> > > > @"Friday.7864" said:

> > > > If you do make a new world:

> > > > - don't make the zones horribly long/annoying like 202 & 203

> > > > - don't add any time wasting elements like raft in 201, octopus feeding or puzzles (gets real boring after 1st time)

> > > > - no sliding on ice or doing mechanics while a psycho cloud is chasing you please

> > > > - don't make bauble collection achievement a royal pain in the you know what

> > > > - fix your trampolines & bouncing mushrooms or scrap any future plans for those

> > > >

> > > > Although annoying enough by itself W1 was OK in terms of length/difficulty in tribulation. W2 is too much of an annoyance and a waste of time if you want to get everything done in a reasonable GW2 festival timeframe...

> > >

> > > Maaan getting mashed by trib clouds was the best part of w2z2 and 3. I do agree about the trampolines though, it's one thing being deleted by lightning, but running off a ledge because it decided not to launch you is simply infuriating.

> >

> > I refuse to even try Tribulation mode in world 2 after watching some play through videos. Its a festival, things are supposed to be fun, not rage inducing. Theres only two festivals i can think of with hard achievements beside this one, and neither take as much time or as much effort as these(Halloween, clocktower. Queens Pavilion, Liadra and King.). Tbh i agree with some other posters about breaking those zones up, and i really agree with them about making future zones not anywhere as hard.

>

> I've never understood why some people simply cannot allow others to have fun doing something they themselves are incapable of. Dude, you don't have to do tribulation mode, so no not everything has to "be fun". It's OK to have difficult bits too, sometimes bits that are too difficult for most. By all means make world 3 infantile mode as silly as the first two, but normal and especially tribulation should be rock solid.

i didnt say to reduce the difficulty did i now? All i said was to break the zone up(not remove the difficulty), allow players to make it half way or even 1/3 of the way through the zone at a time. Id do it then.

As the poster above said, "It's ok to make challenging content OR time consuming content for temporary festivals. NOT both at the same time!"

And no imo, further zones should be about or equal to world 2s normal mode, with tribulation mode being akin to world 1, or just a bit harder than that -OR- they can make it as hard world 2 tribulation mode but allow players progress to be saved so they can continue.

> Finally, if you have a few minutes I'd like to collect a little feedback about the Super Adventure Festival. Feel free to answer the following questions to help us make the game, and the game within the game, better than ever!

>

> - What's your favorite level in Super Adventure Box? Is there anything in particular that sets it above the rest it for you?

>

> - Last year, Super Adventure Festival was the first festival to introduce a Weekly Vendor. What new items would you like to see on the Weekly Vendor?

>

> - What sort of new Super Adventure Festival content would you like to see in the future? It's fine to respond "I want a new World, only spend time on that!" but are there other kinds of gameplay or minigames you'd enjoy in the meantime?

1. My favorite level is probably W1Z1. It's not too long, the bright and sunny aesthetic is cute and great throwback to early mario, and the secrets are for the most part pretty intuitive, such as the specks of dirt on the ground over dig spots and most bomb spots having stacks of rocks piled in front of them. Searching for secrets is fun, but can be tedious when there's no real way to tell other than bombing every single wall or digging over every single inch of ground.

2. I love being able to get some spare Currency Vouchers, so I think the other thing I'd like would be lockbreaker kits. I have a lot of different old Maguuma chests in my home instance, and it is a little painful to leave them untouched when I havent had a chance to refarm keys for that particular type of chest.

3. A world 3 would be nice, but I'd love a new way to upgrade my sword to a proper "Master Sword" type of thing. It might also be fun to have some sort of small "bonus" level that goes completely sidescroller like old school mario (or overhead like old school zelda).

A fix for the checkpoints would be great. Half the time they don't bounce you up, you just kind of twitch and stay at ground level. Frustrating considering there are bauble chests in 1-3 that can ONLY be accessed with the bounce up you get from the last checkpoint. There shouldn't be anywhere you can only get with that bounce. Certainly places that are easier to, but there should always be a more difficult secondary way.

...for that matter, 1-3 could use a lot of fine-tuning. Not being able to jump back onto the leaf from the second chest, not being able to backtrack from the second-to-last checkpoint without falling down and climbing again...makes for a LOT of going up that tree with the leaves inside if you're going for the chest, the dig spot up the tree by the spider-pit and the honeycomb every time. Depending on how lucky you are at finding the key early, you might have to make that same climb 4-5 times.

It has to be w1z1, the right length and right difficulty.

Crimson tokens.

Perhaps new upgrade like non-slippery shoes, non-slippery shoes & non-slippery shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternate safer route for jumping rock, if not, delay the next jump so player can pick up themselves again.

Not too big world (similar to world 1). No more w2z2/z3 dfficulty/size/length.

Achivement that doesn't take 5 hours straight to complete (like the all baubles achivement), and less backtracking required (if not, then put more infantile clouds for the areas that required backtracking). I can understand that achivement requires effort, but 5 hrs straight is just.... too much, I have gotten from fine at the start to feeling sick in the middle of it but cannot put a pause on the progress (almost wanted to puke 3 hrs in but I had to tough it up or I'll need to start all over again...). Not to mention I was also using a video guide, but failing at the difficult bits multiple times, the insanely longer time required to complete than the video guide because many infantile clouds were removed since the video was made, it was just.... drove me insane.

Also.... some fixes would be nice, like make the pirahna stays forever, make trampoline jumping more reliable, make the 3 clouds with flute last longer (because it doesn't always open), and avoid repeating the same stuffs just for the sake of making it longer (I'm looking at you 2x octupi feed). A bit of challenge is reasonable, too much will just outstayed its welcome & burns out fun.

1. You can do a collection of "pink super" weapon. All baby mode w1 z1-2-3 drop token like a tribulation, combine all tokens in mystic forge for pink weapon. W1 Pink, W2 violet.

2. The world 3 Z-1 is "mine" . You can add Choya miner, mine cart and so on... Z2 or 3 you can do in the sky or underwater.

3. You can do the world 4 like a Time travel!

* W4 - Z1 Like a Crystal desert: A lot of sand (and quicksand in Tribulation), pyramids, palms, oasis, mummies and cobra.

* W4 - Z2 Like a Far West: Cowboy monkey, saloon, piano, pistol and so on...

* W4 - Z3 Like a Future: Space monkey, UFO, cutie green aliens, flying cars...

I HAVE OTHER IDEAS

Halloween:

1. Create a Raid (10 members) like "Secret Lair of the Snowmen". There is already a dungeon, it's true. The dungeon is of the Mad king, the raid could be of the Bloody Prince or Mad Queen (?)

2. You can do a "node" (such as spooky quaggan or spooky tree) in the home instance to take trick or treat bag per day.

3. New guild decorations: Candy corns, spider webs, spiders, pumpkins with other faces, railings such as around the Mystic forge cauldron.

Christmas:

1. The most important thing is to move the event to Lion's Arch. It had been done to Divinity's Reach because Lion's Arch was destroyed, now it's over and it can come back. It is easy to decorate.

2. Create an instance like the Mad king Labyrinth. This new "labyrinth" is made with cutie doors made of candy cane or gingerbread with enemy toys that drop Christmas presents, candy cane, snowflakes and new items (?). I imagined the place such as "open space" with lots of snow, pile of christmas presents, candy canes, snowflakes, gingerbread houses. It would be a good way to get more gifts and more snowflakes.

3. Make a "Node" (pile of snow) for the home instance to take snowflakes like candy corn.

4. New guild decorations: Snow globe as the mystic forge, gingerbread house and man, pile of Christmas gifts.

I have a complaint! [monty python voice]

The new Guild Hall decorations are supposed to be Dark Woods themed, but the platform leaves are not green. We got Kingdom of Fungus leaves instead of Dark Woods leaves. Why? Is it because green pigment is too cheap? Please give us the Super Green Leaf Platforms.

The Guild Hall Kingdom of Fungus brown leaves should dissolve as well, but that is another issue.

> @"Random Wax Orc.7695" said:

> I have a complaint! [monty python voice]

> The new Guild Hall decorations are supposed to be Dark Woods themed, but the platform leaves are not green. We got Kingdom of Fungus leaves instead of Dark Woods leaves. Why? Is it because green pigment is too cheap? Please give us the Super Green Leaf Platforms.

>

> The Guild Hall Kingdom of Fungus brown leaves should dissolve as well, but that is another issue.

I totally agree, we got kingdom of fungus leaves instead of dark woods as stated. Also yeah about dissolving...

My favourite is w2 z3, I love how icy and slippy it is. But I really dislike having to go the long way to get the glitch, this makes the level twice as long. I dont like the boss either. Basically 3 bosses at the end is too much. One boss is plenty.

No idea really. Nice to see mystic coins there. Maybe ascended mats

I definitely want the other 2 worlds expanded.. but not a water zone..please not a water zone lol.

Id like them to be more in line of w1 length and difficulty.

One world could be desert based with sinking sand pits to avoid.

Id love gliding in SAB thatd be really neat.