Core Necro shroud is an issue. It's making people look like gods

mes.4607

> @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

>

> Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> It's mostly a LF generation issue, in core they had to really commit to getting LF but now not as much. LF generation also needs to be made accessible to all weapon sets, sceptre barely generates anything.

Making Scepter 3 an ammo skill with 1 corrupt per cast and bumping Life Force per Condition down from 1% to 0.5% would probably do the trick.

Or do something with Scepter 2. Scepter 2 is insanely boring.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > It's mostly a LF generation issue, in core they had to really commit to getting LF but now not as much. LF generation also needs to be made accessible to all weapon sets, sceptre barely generates anything.

> Making Scepter 3 an ammo skill with 1 corrupt per cast and bumping Life Force per Condition down from 1% to 0.5% would probably do the trick.

> Or do something with Scepter 2. Scepter 2 is insanely boring.

>

I was thinking about making life force more spread out and a bit more uniformly distributed but lower it down in many cases.

For example:

Weapon skills 1, 3 and 5 always provide 0.5%, 1% and 2% life force in no matter the combination.

Sorting out traits and utilities would be harder but along the same lines.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> >

> > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

>

> stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> > >

> > > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

> >

> > stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> > All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

>

> I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> > > >

> > > > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

> > >

> > > stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> > > All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

> >

> > I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

>

> and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

I know glass cannons are fun. I know they are. I too enjoy some quick pewpew. But they are, by design, not built for attrition, which is what taking on a bunker is all about. The truth is you're not supposed to just one-shot a build whose whole purpose is for you to NOT be able to do that. Glass cannons are for one-shotting dps builds, not bunkers. A well-played bunker should 100% be able to fight off three glass cannons.

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

> > > >

> > > > stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> > > > All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

> > >

> > > I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

> >

> > and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

>

> Nope. Glass cannons aren't supposed to be able to solo facetank a bunker. That would make bunkers useless and zerks be literally the only thing played in pvp. Glass cannons are supposed to be able to one -shot dps builds, not well-played bunkers. Please stahp.

He means not 1 shot but rather eventually necro will have to die when focused.

Nobody is supposed to be able to live forever.

> and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

Actually no, bunker > glass cannon. What kills bunkers is damage oriented sidenoders (like warrior and ranger) since they have CC and damage.

> > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

> > > >

> > > > stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> > > > All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

> > >

> > > I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

> >

> > and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

>

> I know glass cannons are fun. I know they are. I too enjoy some quick pewpew. But they are, by design, not built for attrition, which is what taking on a bunker is all about. The truth is you're not supposed to just one-shot a build whose whole purpose is for you to NOT be able to do that. Glass cannons are for one-shotting dps builds, not bunkers. A well-played bunker should 100% be able to fight off three glass cannons.

I guess you didnt see the video where necro facetanked everything 1v3 and only reason he died was becouse he derped and went back on the point ;p

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

>

> Actually no, bunker > glass cannon. What kills bunkers is damage oriented sidenoders (like warrior and ranger) since they have CC and damage.

no lol, I dont mean 1v1. Glass canons have the most damage, and thus are best suited to take targets that are tanky, ofc glass WILL lose to a bunker 1v1, but if bunker gets gangbanged 1v2 or even 1v3 and can just run away there is a problem

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

> > > > >

> > > > > stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> > > > > All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

> > >

> > > and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

> >

> > I know glass cannons are fun. I know they are. I too enjoy some quick pewpew. But they are, by design, not built for attrition, which is what taking on a bunker is all about. The truth is you're not supposed to just one-shot a build whose whole purpose is for you to NOT be able to do that. Glass cannons are for one-shotting dps builds, not bunkers. A well-played bunker should 100% be able to fight off three glass cannons.

>

> I guess you didnt see the video where necro facetanked everything 1v3 and only reason he died was becouse he derped and went back on the point ;p

I guess you missed all the videos over the years where many bunkers do just that because it's their job. Their WHOLE job is to be able to hold onto a spot for sustained periods of time, even under heavy pressure. you'll notice they aren't all glass cannons. They'd die if that were the case, because again: That's literally what bunkers do. You're bringing a six-shooter to a tank fight. Stop complaining about balance every time Arenanet fixes a meme build. A quick look at the leaderboards will show you that while necros are strong, they certainly aren't immortal.

> > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > stunlock will kill anyone and anything, saying that necro being impossible to kill unless 3 people can focus is fine becouse

> > > > > > All you have to do is stunlock someone for 10s is dumb.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, that's what a bunker build is. Again, sorry you can't just steamroll bunkers. Staying alive under pressure's kinda their thing.

> > > >

> > > > and glasscannons thing is killing bunkers, if 3 of them struggle then there is problem :D

> > >

> > > I know glass cannons are fun. I know they are. I too enjoy some quick pewpew. But they are, by design, not built for attrition, which is what taking on a bunker is all about. The truth is you're not supposed to just one-shot a build whose whole purpose is for you to NOT be able to do that. Glass cannons are for one-shotting dps builds, not bunkers. A well-played bunker should 100% be able to fight off three glass cannons.

> >

> > I guess you didnt see the video where necro facetanked everything 1v3 and only reason he died was becouse he derped and went back on the point ;p

>

> I guess you missed all the videos over the years where many bunkers do just that because it's their job. Their WHOLE job is to be able to hold onto a spot for sustained periods of time, even under heavy pressure. you'll notice they aren't all glass cannons. They'd die if that were the case, because again: That's literally what bunkers do. You're bringing a six-shooter to a tank fight. Stop complaining about balance every time Arenanet fixes a meme build. A quick look at the leaderboards will show you that while necros are strong, they certainly aren't immortal.

What videos? When Tage would stalemate another 1v1 build they stopped fighting, as soon as **1 player came** the other person at the disadvantage was forced to kite and give up the node, they might not always die but when it was 3v1 as far as I can remember they always died unless they got help very quickly. To define very quickly I mean within 10s or they would need a rez/warbanner.

Unless of course you're one of these people who only played since HoT in which case I can understand your warped point of view.

I'm actually a pretty new player by admission, but it just seems like a bunker should be able to, you know, BUNKER. I understand gripes about necro rezzing, but I'd much rather see other bunker builds brought to a level where they can actually bunker, rather than nerf the one people are saying is the only one that can. I was also kinda amused at people complaining about the whole pvp balance not being entirely up-ended for the very first roll-out of 2v2. LOL

> I'm actually a pretty new player by admission, but it just seems like a bunker should be able to, you know, BUNKER. I understand gripes about necro rezzing, but I'd much rather see other bunker builds brought to a level where they can actually bunker, rather than nerf the one people are saying is the only one that can. I was also kinda amused at people complaining about the whole pvp balance not being entirely up-ended for the very first roll-out of 2v2. LOL

A bunker should not be able to hold 2-3 dps builds without extremely outskilling them. A bunker is NOT a 1vX'er (and nothing should be like that). It's just someone who can hold the node to relieve team from standing in it and dying.

A bunker can 1v1 on far until enemy team rotates in, then the bunker should be forced to leave the node.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > I'm actually a pretty new player by admission, but it just seems like a bunker should be able to, you know, BUNKER. I understand gripes about necro rezzing, but I'd much rather see other bunker builds brought to a level where they can actually bunker, rather than nerf the one people are saying is the only one that can. I was also kinda amused at people complaining about the whole pvp balance not being entirely up-ended for the very first roll-out of 2v2. LOL

> A bunker can 1v1 on far until enemy team rotates in, then the bunker should be forced to leave the node.

Disagree. But they shouldn't be able to just burst down the enemy dps build that's being played defensively. i'll certainly concede to that much. Nerfing the dps output so it provides less spiky or intense DPS and more slow pressure is a fair compromise for me. I'm not saying they aren't a little OP, especially at low-mid levels. But not because of their sustain. And sometimes we all just get outplayed or derp up. I believe bunkers should be able to bunker.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I must be the best player in this game.

>

> I can kill core bunkers without a sweat and everyone tells me that trash build facetanks him and his discord friends 1v3 and does not die.

>

> LMAO!

Well if you play a damage sidenoder (warrior/ranger/mesmer?) or go vs bad necroes it doesn't mean you are good.

If you go against other top players and win without hard countering bunkers, go join mAT.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > I must be the best player in this game.

> >

> > I can kill core bunkers without a sweat and everyone tells me that trash build facetanks him and his discord friends 1v3 and does not die.

> >

> > LMAO!

>

> Well if you play a damage sidenoder (warrior/ranger/mesmer?) or go vs bad necroes it doesn't mean you are good.

>

> If you go against other top players and win without hard countering bunkers, go join mAT.

You don't get the irony.

Meta changes demand for adaptions.

When the meta shifts to certain builds, I open the build panel and change my build to a counter. And I seem to be the only one doing this.

This has nothing to do with side noders and other nonsense. A well crafted team focused build can kill a core bunker too. I do never play one-dimensional stuff. That's why I don't play thief.

_edit1:_ So you want to tell me bunker core is dominating high skill level matchups? Seriously?

_edit2:_ I play and win against the necros that are responsible for the builds you wannabes copypaste from metabattle. Maybe that's the reason I don't have problems killing them while you do.

> Disagree. But they shouldn't be able to just burst down the enemy dps build that's being played defensively. i'll certainly concede to that much. Nerfing the dps output so it provides less spiky or intense DPS and more slow pressure is a fair compromise for me. I'm not saying they aren't a little OP, especially at low-mid levels. But not because of their sustain. And sometimes we all just get outplayed or kitten up. I believe bunkers should be able to bunker.

If bunkers are able to hold 1vX, then everybody would play bunker and sit on nodes since enemy team can't bring 7-8 people to deal with them.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> You don't get the irony.

>

> Meta changes demand for adaptions.

>

> When the meta shifts to certain builds, I open the build panel and change my build to a counter. And I seem to be the only one doing this.

I've been playing antimeta builds since forever. Never thought anybody would... make an ironic comment about that. It's such a basic skill.

> _edit1:_ So you want to tell me bunker core is dominating high skill level matchups? Seriously?

No, but it's unskilled.

> _edit2:_ I play and win against the necros that are responsible for the builds you wannabes copypaste from metabattle. Maybe that's the reason I don't have problems killing them while you do.

Why do you assume I have problems killing necros??????

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > Disagree. But they shouldn't be able to just burst down the enemy dps build that's being played defensively. i'll certainly concede to that much. Nerfing the dps output so it provides less spiky or intense DPS and more slow pressure is a fair compromise for me. I'm not saying they aren't a little OP, especially at low-mid levels. But not because of their sustain. And sometimes we all just get outplayed or kitten up. I believe bunkers should be able to bunker.

>

> If bunkers are able to hold 1vX, then everybody would play bunker and sit on nodes since enemy team can't bring 7-8 people to deal with them.

Bunkers should be able to bunker. I dunno how many times you're gonna need me to repeat that. Sustained 2/3v1 skillfully played should absolutely be able to take them down. But as I said, lower the DPS output from the bunker so attackers have better survivability and can keep fighting them. MAKE them move. Or outplay them. But I don't think that balance-wise, anyone should be able to solo faceroll a bunker except for the occasional, easily counterable meme build or cc spam. In silver right now, my bunker regularly leads my PUG team in damage, which even with aoe boon corruption, is a bit ridiculous to me. Bunkers shouldn't be facerolling anyone in 1v1, either. Unless they try to facetank the tank. Then they should get spanked.

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > Disagree. But they shouldn't be able to just burst down the enemy dps build that's being played defensively. i'll certainly concede to that much. Nerfing the dps output so it provides less spiky or intense DPS and more slow pressure is a fair compromise for me. I'm not saying they aren't a little OP, especially at low-mid levels. But not because of their sustain. And sometimes we all just get outplayed or kitten up. I believe bunkers should be able to bunker.

> >

> > If bunkers are able to hold 1vX, then everybody would play bunker and sit on nodes since enemy team can't bring 7-8 people to deal with them.

>

> Bunkers should be able to bunker. I dunno how many times you're gonna need me to repeat that. Sustained 2/3v1 skillfully played should absolutely be able to take them down. But as I said, lower the DPS output from the bunker so attackers have better survivability and can keep fighting them. MAKE them move. Or outplay them. But I don't think that balance-wise, anyone should be able to solo faceroll a bunker except for the occasional, easily counterable meme build or cc spam. In silver right now, my bunker regularly leads my PUG team in damage, which even with aoe boon corruption, is a bit ridiculous to me. Bunkers shouldn't be facerolling anyone in 1v1, either. Unless they try to facetank the tank. Then they should get spanked.

I agree. Bunkers should be able to put up a fight (defensively) in a 1v2 situation; 1v3 shouldn't be realistic. They should not be able to put out high sustained damage.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > > Disagree. But they shouldn't be able to just burst down the enemy dps build that's being played defensively. i'll certainly concede to that much. Nerfing the dps output so it provides less spiky or intense DPS and more slow pressure is a fair compromise for me. I'm not saying they aren't a little OP, especially at low-mid levels. But not because of their sustain. And sometimes we all just get outplayed or kitten up. I believe bunkers should be able to bunker.

> > >

> > > If bunkers are able to hold 1vX, then everybody would play bunker and sit on nodes since enemy team can't bring 7-8 people to deal with them.

> >

> > Bunkers should be able to bunker. I dunno how many times you're gonna need me to repeat that. Sustained 2/3v1 skillfully played should absolutely be able to take them down. But as I said, lower the DPS output from the bunker so attackers have better survivability and can keep fighting them. MAKE them move. Or outplay them. But I don't think that balance-wise, anyone should be able to solo faceroll a bunker except for the occasional, easily counterable meme build or cc spam. In silver right now, my bunker regularly leads my PUG team in damage, which even with aoe boon corruption, is a bit ridiculous to me. Bunkers shouldn't be facerolling anyone in 1v1, either. Unless they try to facetank the tank. Then they should get spanked.

>

> I agree. Bunkers should be able to put up a fight (defensively) in a 1v2 situation; 1v3 shouldn't be realistic. They should not be able to put out high sustained damage.

I think that's fair, particularly if you can't kill the attackers easily. And there will always be builds that are at a disadvantage to other builds/metas.

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

>

> Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.

https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/necromancer

On Meta Core Necro with full HP and a full bar of Life Force they have 64,804 Effective HP when you factor in the Death Shroud -50% all incoming damage boost. And this isn't counting Protection, which they gain a ton of through traits

Considering necromancers have significant up time on protection, for power builds if you assume a VERY conservative 33% up time on protection that's 71,141 effective HP. Oh and the necro is almost certainly healing and odds are it'll get two Consume Conditions off before it's finally dead. Averaging for 3 conditions that puts us at an effective health pool of 86,451. And I haven't even touched the healing per second provided by Vampiric Aura and regeneration uptime. Running some very basic combat simulations you can expect 383 healing per second from regeneration like Mark of Blood and Vampiric Aura. That's almost twice as much incoming healing per second as actual healing skills. If you assume 40-60 seconds of combat, which is not unrealistic especially 1v1 against a necromancer that's an additional 15,320 HP players need to punch through for 40 seconds or 22,980 for 60 seconds. But let's go with the conservative option.

**That is potentially a 101,771 damage players need to do to actually kill a core necro right now.**

And we aren't even talking their capacity to refill their life shroud bar. That's calculated based on ONE bar of Life Shroud. Calculate for two full bars of shroud and we're looking at **137,258 damage** you need to do to kill one necro. And yeah, shroud doesn't last for ever and there is degeneration on it. It still takes 34 seconds for death shroud to run out on it's own.

And here's the thing, all that defensive capability on core necro was ALREADY top tier in a setting where everyone was doing 50-100% more DPS than they are.

Meta Condition Mirage is doing 1,100 damage per second on PvP stats now.

Meta Daredevil is doing 2,380 damage per second on PvP stats now.

Meta Condition Herald is doing 2,600 damage per second on PvP stats now.

Core necro's survivability _was already balanced_ in an where everyone was running around with 50-100% more DPS. Shroud is literally not mathmatically built for this game's current level of damage.