"Aw, What's his name?" MOUNT Name Thread

> @TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

> So far only my main character has named them and only three of them.

>

> Raptor - Ian Malcom

> Springer - Bugs

> Skimmer - Steve

Ok ... Ian Malcom made me laugh LOL

I only have the one name for all mounts for the account. It could get a little convoluted if all nine toons had nine different names for 5 mounts

I'm giggling so much at some of these names (in a good way).

I haven't really settled on names for the most part. I have a guildie who's done a spreadsheet for each of her characters' full set of mounts, named ICly as the character would, but I'm only in the starting throes of choosing. Only my RP main has names yet, and they are subject to change:

Raptor -- Rappington

Springer -- Afoot (as in the game is)

Skimmer -- Everest. Or Hood. Or Cristo. Some mountain name that starts with Mount (or Monte). Or possibly Evinrude, after the skimming dragonfly ...

Jackal -- no real ideas yet, "Blinky" seems too kitschy. Looking to play off the idea of the D&D blink dog.

Griffon -- McKinley

> @Donari.5237 said:

> I'm giggling so much at some of these names (in a good way).

>

> I haven't really settled on names for the most part. I have a guildie who's done a spreadsheet for each of her characters' full set of mounts, named ICly as the character would, but I'm only in the starting throes of choosing. Only my RP main has names yet, and they are subject to change:

>

> Raptor -- Rappington

> Springer -- Afoot (as in the game is)

> Skimmer -- Everest. Or Hood. Or Cristo. Some mountain name that starts with Mount (or Monte). Or possibly Evinrude, after the skimming dragonfly ...

> Jackal -- no real ideas yet, "Blinky" seems too kitschy. Looking to play off the idea of the D&D blink dog.

> Griffon -- McKinley

ok .... I totally vote Evinrude for the Skimmer ... and Im totally swiping it if you dont! LOL (I may swipe it anyways) .... I totally forgot about that name when I was choosing ^.^

Raptor - Bitey (we got off to a rough start)

Springer - Totoro (because that expression reminds me of Totoro)

Skimmer - Manaurai (after the setting for an obscure Wii game called Endless Ocean)

Jackal - haven't decided yet, I only got him yesterday but I'm leaning towards Link, or Twili - because of Twilight Princess obviously

Griffon - haven't got it yet.

> @Purgatori.3645 said:

> ok .... I totally vote Evinrude for the Skimmer ... and Im totally swiping it if you dont! LOL (I may swipe it anyways) .... I totally forgot about that name when I was choosing ^.^

Swipe away. These aren't even showing in game, let alone player character names that must be unique :) I really only just thought of it as I was typing my post and I think it's settling in as the right name. With one problem -- if any of these are IC names, there is no reason in Tyria for Donari to name a skimmer Evinrude. Otoh he's not likely to own one himself icly, they aren't quite his style. Rent (or steal) at need for an aquatic adventure, sure, but not permanently take care of one.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> Raptor - Bitey (we got off to a rough start)

> Springer - Totoro (because that expression reminds me of Totoro)

> Skimmer - Manaurai (after the setting for an obscure Wii game called Endless Ocean)

> Jackal - haven't decided yet, I only got him yesterday but I'm leaning towards Link, or Twili - because of Twilight Princess obviously

> Griffon - haven't got it yet.

I also got off to a rough start with my Raptor :3 We actually still misunderstand each other on a regular basis lol

> @Ashantara.8731 said:

> OP, according to the respective trainers, some of the mounts are female. Just saying... ;)

>

> It would be cool to be able to name your mounts in-game. The question, however, stands: how/where would it be displayed, since the mount is not selectable as an "object"?

I was going to say they could do the same thing Elder Scrolls Online does where you can name them but it only shows for you, on the menu you use to select them. But in GW2 they only appear in the drop-down menu which probably doesn't support that and the dye tab, which would be an odd place for it.

Maybe they could add it to the players name-plate, while mounted - have a line below the title that says "Riding [mount name]" (which only shows up if you've chosen names).

I suspect it'd be one of those things which is too much work for too little benefit, but I'd love it if there was a way to name them in-game, even if only I could see it.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> > @Ashantara.8731 said:

> > OP, according to the respective trainers, some of the mounts are female. Just saying... ;)

> >

> > It would be cool to be able to name your mounts in-game. The question, however, stands: how/where would it be displayed, since the mount is not selectable as an "object"?

>

> I was going to say they could do the same thing Elder Scrolls Online does where you can name them but it only shows for you, on the menu you use to select them. But in GW2 they only appear in the drop-down menu which probably doesn't support that and the dye tab, which would be an odd place for it.

>

> Maybe they could add it to the players name-plate, while mounted - have a line below the title that says "Riding [mount name]" (which only shows up if you've chosen names).

>

> I suspect it'd be one of those things which is too much work for too little benefit, but I'd love it if there was a way to name them in-game, even if only I could see it.

I totally agree this could be a thing. I mean how many things show up already on your players name?

Your name

Your guild tag

your chosen title

your mastery level

World completion star

your pvp rank ( I think this is a thing? or wvw?)

They could totally do it..... but will they?

I do things backwards. I haven't had much time to play recently and haven't unlocked all the mounts, but I can brainstorm and jot names down on my phone.

All to say it has lead to me coming up with mount names across my many alts matching how I think they would name them. It was a fun brainstorming project.

[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jLvrtaL9GWl40oyKvieAvycbm6DxQ5Ab5rGIGNx-Pqk/edit?usp=sharing](Mount Names in Google Doc)

Some of my personal favorites:

Ayana named her skimmer "Sandguine"

Éadaoin named her raptor "Prince Thundertalon" and her Jackal "Frederick von Snout III"

Mazu named her skimmer "Squidlips McSwagger"

Ynghild named her raptor "Gossamer" and her griffon "Trout"

> @"Zaree Nilerabanwen.2307" said:

> I do things backwards. I haven't had much time to play recently and haven't unlocked all the mounts, but I can brainstorm and jot names down on my phone.

> All to say it has lead to me coming up with mount names across my many alts matching how I think they would name them. It was a fun brainstorming project.

> [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jLvrtaL9GWl40oyKvieAvycbm6DxQ5Ab5rGIGNx-Pqk/edit?usp=sharing](Mount Names in Google Doc)

>

> Some of my personal favorites:

> Ayana named her skimmer "Sandguine"

> Éadaoin named her raptor "Prince Thundertalon" and her Jackal "Frederick von Snout III"

> Mazu named her skimmer "Squidlips McSwagger"

> Ynghild named her raptor "Gossamer" and her griffon "Trout"

Squidlips McSwagger for the win! LOL