Power rev is weak like wet noodle

zyra.7860

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> It's still a top tier build. If you struggle with it now, then you have been carried by its former OP'ness.

No it is not. It is better than some other terrible power builds, but as it currently stands, it is pretty weak. There was a nerf to both mobility and damage. There is no reason at all to run power rev over thief which now has better mobility damage and sustainability.

There are only 3 Roles now (for the most part). Condi/bunker, CC bunker and thief as +1 decapper. Nothing else is even remotely competitive.

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> With people claiming Rev and Thief to be "weak" ....one can't help but wonder what side-effects a quarantine has on the human psyche....

500 dmg on AA, you don’t call that weak?

Ok thief has good mobility, but the dmg we do in spvp is rly not ok.. Our AA got nerfed twice in the past 2y, its just too much in spvp now.

> @"noot.8641" said:

> > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > With people claiming Rev and Thief to be "weak" ....one can't help but wonder what side-effects a quarantine has on the human psyche....

>

> 500 dmg on AA, you don’t call that weak?

> Ok thief has good mobility, but the dmg we do in spvp is rly not ok.. Our AA got nerfed twice in the past 2y, its just too much in spvp now.

>

500 on high end lol a lot of times aa's are 350 on dagger using a power build.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/revenant/

>

> Power Rev is currently listed as meta under gods of pvp. It's still very strong, you're bumping down to Berserker amulet so you're squishier, but all the damage in the game got nerfed anyway so if you're used to not getting hit on old power rev you'll still be fine.

That power build is CRINGE, who would play any of that. It's awful. Even that condition build is still goofy as hell, I thought Metabattle couldn't get it worst but yeah, I'm impressed by how this beats it.

Shiro/Glint is definitely not meta, but it is playable.

The problem with it is it's very easy to counter with the following strategy:

1. Wait for them to switch to sword/sword if they aren't already in it.

2. Interrupt with any CC

Since it has zero stability and both the stunbreaks have a heavy cost ( One makes them lose fury generation, the other costs 40e and is essentially a self-silence ) spamming Power shiro with CCs is immensely effective. It's like how Necro is easy to CC but in some ways even more because you can force them to switch to staff and play super defensive effectively shutting down their offense.

This weakness doesn't make the build bad, but it does make it fairly straightforward to outplay. I have been shitting on top players using Shiro/Glint with Renegade lately. If you are getting regularly rekt by random heralds you have an l2p issue.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Shiro/Glint is definitely not meta, but it is playable.

>

> The problem with it is it's very easy to counter with the following strategy:

> 1. Wait for them to switch to sword/sword if they aren't already in it.

> 2. Interrupt with any CC

>

> Since it has zero stability and both the stunbreaks have a heavy cost ( One makes them lose fury generation, the other costs 40e and is essentially a self-silence ) spamming Power shiro with CCs is immensely effective. It's like how Necro is easy to CC but in some ways even more because you can force them to switch to staff and play super defensive effectively shutting down their offense.

>

> This weakness doesn't make the build bad, but it does make it fairly straightforward to outplay. I have been kitten on top players using Shiro/Glint with Renegade lately. If you are getting regularly rekt by random heralds you have an l2p issue.

Yeah dude, for sure. Power rev is hot garbage, that's why every team runs at least one. They don't want the wins to be free, so they are deliberately gimping themselves by playing sub-par classes. Same with thief, the real winners of the balance patch are clearly core guardian and FA ele, but people, being such stand up guys won't abuse it for the easy wins they will achieve.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > Shiro/Glint is definitely not meta, but it is playable.

> >

> > The problem with it is it's very easy to counter with the following strategy:

> > 1. Wait for them to switch to sword/sword if they aren't already in it.

> > 2. Interrupt with any CC

> >

> > Since it has zero stability and both the stunbreaks have a heavy cost ( One makes them lose fury generation, the other costs 40e and is essentially a self-silence ) spamming Power shiro with CCs is immensely effective. It's like how Necro is easy to CC but in some ways even more because you can force them to switch to staff and play super defensive effectively shutting down their offense.

> >

> > This weakness doesn't make the build bad, but it does make it fairly straightforward to outplay. I have been kitten on top players using Shiro/Glint with Renegade lately. If you are getting regularly rekt by random heralds you have an l2p issue.

>

> Yeah dude, for sure. Power rev is hot garbage, that's why every team runs at least one. They don't want the wins to be free, so they are deliberately gimping themselves by playing sub-par classes. Same with thief, the real winners of the balance patch are clearly ~~core guardian and FA ele~~ chronomancer, but people, being such stand up guys won't abuse it for the easy wins they will achieve.

Thief is utter garbage © Sind.

I made a small correction

Power Rev still puts out insane damage compared to the competition. I suggest running Retribution over Devistation and dropping staff in favor of Mace Axe. Your chase potential goes through the roof. Having 2 weapon sets also makes up for the loss in damage from giving up Devistation and you gain some good sustain in return. You can also pulse out weakness in teamfights which is huge. It still does well in teamfights and small skirmishes.

I didn't play Power Herald before the nerfs so I can't attest to how it felt before, but if it was that much stronger than it is now, then the nerfs were 100% justified.