Give all aoe the CoR treatment

Justine.6351

I do like segmented AoEs, they give better tells and more time to dodge, and an advantange to range. But its confusing how its implemented properly on quite a few skills like, Scorched Earth, Searing Fissure, and Inspiring Reinforcement, while CoR is buggy mess..

I realise this post was likely sarcasm, but more segmented AoEs would be good for the game.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Just like the update to CoR requiring Los with your target to land aoe damage, they should make this change to all aoe skills so it's safe to stand on walls during sieges.

>

> Solved all the problems in wvw, gimme gold star please.

Following your logic, why don't we give all classes the Chrono treatment too?

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Just like the update to CoR requiring Los with your target to land aoe damage, they should make this change to all aoe skills so it's safe to stand on walls during sieges.

> >

> > Solved all the problems in wvw, gimme gold star please.

>

> Following your logic, why don't we give all classes the Chrono treatment too?

please...

My friend used to play a chronomancer and I used to play a hammer rev.

Been there done that.

CoR is not a normal aoe or Paoe it is a line attk skill that must traveler from the caster along the ground. There are a few skills like that in this game ele has a good number of them and they often do act like CoR in some ways CoR for a long time was not acting the way it should. You can even say leap skills are in the same type of use as CoR for aoe as well.

A couple people seem confused by what I am referring to,

Even if you cleave through objects like gates (by standing against them and using Cor on people repairing) it will no longer strike them without having los. This was a change implemented when they fixed the broken version of Cor a few months ago that would fully Cascade through gates and strike people without needing los. The Cascade would still fully animate through objects but it would no longer strike without that los. They finally fixed the Cascade going through objects now but also kept the los requirement for even the first segment of the Cascade.

So if you were standing on the backside of a wall and touched a mark but weren't in Los with the necro who placed it, you wouldn't be struck by it. If however you were running on the ledge and hit a mark and were in Los with the necro, it would function as normal.

I think there would be some good exemptions like meteor shower and temporal curtain pulls but note, if pulled into a pile of marks but weren't in Los of the necros who placed the marks, you would be "fine".

Drop dps of all aoe by 50%. They should be there to support melee or single target spells. No class should be able to brainlessly spam a bunch down at their feet and actually not only out pace most classes ability to clear but also doing significant damage. In pve it's fine but in pvp it's so bad lol. Just another carry mechanic in this game. The devs said dh have one of the highest win rates even in plat but have u seen a dh that does more than drop traps on node and stand there and spam? Lol yet why not cuz its effective. There's other examples as well. The devs need to look at ways to reward skilled play and not promote carry brain dead condi aoe spamming as they are now. Then they need to ignore complaints about builds and classes that are effective but need skill to play instead of nerfing them to either being brain dead or not effective.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Drop dps of all aoe by 50%. They should be there to support melee or single target spells. No class should be able to brainlessly spam a bunch down at their feet and actually not only out pace most classes ability to clear but also doing significant damage. In pve it's fine but in pvp it's so bad lol. Just another carry mechanic in this game. The devs said dh have one of the highest win rates even in plat but have u seen a dh that does more than drop traps on node and stand there and spam? Lol yet why not cuz its effective. There's other examples as well. The devs need to look at ways to reward skilled play and not promote carry brain dead condi aoe spamming as they are now. Then they need to ignore complaints about builds and classes that are effective but need skill to play instead of nerfing them to either being brain dead or not effective.

Eat a snickers.

> Drop dps of all aoe by 50%. They should be there to support melee or single target spells. No class should be able to brainlessly spam a bunch down at their feet and actually not only out pace most classes ability to clear but also doing significant damage. In pve it's fine but in pvp it's so bad lol. Just another carry mechanic in this game. The devs said dh have one of the highest win rates even in plat but have u seen a dh that does more than drop traps on node and stand there and spam? Lol yet why not cuz its effective. There's other examples as well. The devs need to look at ways to reward skilled play and not promote carry brain dead condi aoe spamming as they are now. Then they need to ignore complaints about builds and classes that are effective but need skill to play instead of nerfing them to either being brain dead or not effective.

If someone is spamming all their AoEs at their feet then don't walk into them. Seems pretty obvious. Many groups in this game just try to hold W though and get punished. As it should be. How do you propose that anyone ever properly kill or even pressure a larger group in this game without AoE?

Edit: I misread OP. Everything I said is wrong. Though I still disagree because then it makes siege impossible to clear, which is not okay in the given WvW state since siege-camping is proving to be a massive problem more than ever, and it can only be cleared with these kinds of skills. Seems more like a ploy by OP to make rev the best ranged blobber again by nerfing everything else.

Do this and suddenly you end up in a pirate ship soulbeast meta with a high number of deadeyes too lol.

Rev hammer's design was too good in WvW due to its lack of skill visibility and insane AoE ratios on low cooldowns at range, and too crappy everywhere else.

They really should make it the opposite of longbow ranger and make it stronger in melee and weaker at range so people play the class with a bit of risk and aren't downing people in large numbers from range.

P.S. CoR follows the same rules as thief shortbow does now. Only pure ground-targeted AoE's or skills which do not follow a trajectory from the player first can attack through the gate with characters clickable in the gaps, and most skills aren't worth using for that, either. It's not specific to CoR; it's that CoR was a broken ranged weapon to begin with.

> @"SWI.4127" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Drop dps of all aoe by 50%. They should be there to support melee or single target spells. No class should be able to brainlessly spam a bunch down at their feet and actually not only out pace most classes ability to clear but also doing significant damage. In pve it's fine but in pvp it's so bad lol. Just another carry mechanic in this game. The devs said dh have one of the highest win rates even in plat but have u seen a dh that does more than drop traps on node and stand there and spam? Lol yet why not cuz its effective. There's other examples as well. The devs need to look at ways to reward skilled play and not promote carry brain dead condi aoe spamming as they are now. Then they need to ignore complaints about builds and classes that are effective but need skill to play instead of nerfing them to either being brain dead or not effective.

>

> If someone is spamming all their AoEs at their feet then don't walk into them. Seems pretty obvious. Many groups in this game just try to hold W though and get punished. As it should be. How do you propose that anyone ever properly kill or even pressure a larger group in this game without AoE?

I think the point is it's not just at their feet is it as it's also ranged aoe's? Look at wvw it's a red circle spam fest and is thee most effective type of play. If u enjoy that playstyle great but until that changes don't expect wvw to ever increase in popularity and expect it to continue on it current track being in a consistent decrease in population:)

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> Do this and suddenly you end up in a pirate ship soulbeast meta with a high number of deadeyes too lol.

> Rev hammer's design was too good in WvW due to its lack of skill visibility and insane AoE ratios on low cooldowns at range, and too crappy everywhere else.

>

> They really should make it the opposite of longbow ranger and make it stronger in melee and weaker at range so people play the class with a bit of risk and aren't downing people in large numbers from range.

>

> P.S. CoR follows the same rules as thief shortbow does now. Only pure ground-targeted AoE's or skills which do not follow a trajectory from the player first can attack through the gate with characters clickable in the gaps, and most skills aren't worth using for that, either. It's not specific to CoR; it's that CoR was a broken ranged weapon to begin with.

You don't know what you are talking about.

> > @"SWI.4127" said:

> > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > Drop dps of all aoe by 50%. They should be there to support melee or single target spells. No class should be able to brainlessly spam a bunch down at their feet and actually not only out pace most classes ability to clear but also doing significant damage. In pve it's fine but in pvp it's so bad lol. Just another carry mechanic in this game. The devs said dh have one of the highest win rates even in plat but have u seen a dh that does more than drop traps on node and stand there and spam? Lol yet why not cuz its effective. There's other examples as well. The devs need to look at ways to reward skilled play and not promote carry brain dead condi aoe spamming as they are now. Then they need to ignore complaints about builds and classes that are effective but need skill to play instead of nerfing them to either being brain dead or not effective.

> >

> > If someone is spamming all their AoEs at their feet then don't walk into them. Seems pretty obvious. Many groups in this game just try to hold W though and get punished. As it should be. How do you propose that anyone ever properly kill or even pressure a larger group in this game without AoE?

>

> I think the point is it's not just at their feet is it as it's also ranged aoe's? Look at wvw it's a red circle spam fest and is thee most effective type of play. If u enjoy that playstyle great but until that changes don't expect wvw to ever increase in popularity and expect it to continue on it current track being in a consistent decrease in population:)

That guy specifically brought up dropping AoE on your character. I'm just saying you have to know when to stop W keying into someone if you are dying by people dropping AoEs at their feet. You have to adjust your play.

The nature of the game mode lends itself to using AoE skills. There are many enemies so AoE is always going to be more effective than single target in group fights. I think nerfing all AoEs by 50% damage is just a poorly though-out idea. Especially taking into account the most recent balance patch where a lot of AoE CC's got their damage almost completely removed. The less targets a group can hit, the more this game is simply about numbers.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Just like the update to CoR requiring Los with your target to land aoe damage, they should make this change to all aoe skills so it's safe to stand on walls during sieges.

>

I give cookie, not gold stars

Lets say this is the case: would you need to hold LoS or not? I mean in extreme scenario(others Will occur more frequently but harder to explain) when the enemy repairs the walls, your Wells behind IT Will cancel the dps?

I ld like the Idea and especially if it brings extra depth in skills as mentioned (like aoe from the ground(shades symbols etc) wont but from the sky (dh cages, fgs 5 or ms Will)

> @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Just like the update to CoR requiring Los with your target to land aoe damage, they should make this change to all aoe skills so it's safe to stand on walls during sieges.

> >

> > Solved all the problems in wvw, gimme gold star please.

>

> I give cookie, not gold stars

>

> Lets say this is the case: would you need to hold LoS or not? I mean in extreme scenario(others Will occur more frequently but harder to explain) when the enemy repairs the walls, your Wells behind IT Will cancel the dps?

> I ld like the Idea and especially if it brings extra depth in skills as mentioned (like aoe from the ground(shades symbols etc) wont but from the sky (dh cages, fgs 5 or ms Will)

Idk tbh.

My thoughts are no, you wouldn't continue taking damage from the same aoe if you managed to get out of los.

That is more or less on making it simplistic to put into effect rather than actually being fair though.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"L A T I O N.8923" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > Just like the update to CoR requiring Los with your target to land aoe damage, they should make this change to all aoe skills so it's safe to stand on walls during sieges.

> > >

> > > Solved all the problems in wvw, gimme gold star please.

> >

> > I give cookie, not gold stars

> >

> > Lets say this is the case: would you need to hold LoS or not? I mean in extreme scenario(others Will occur more frequently but harder to explain) when the enemy repairs the walls, your Wells behind IT Will cancel the dps?

> > I ld like the Idea and especially if it brings extra depth in skills as mentioned (like aoe from the ground(shades symbols etc) wont but from the sky (dh cages, fgs 5 or ms Will)

>

> Idk tbh.

> My thoughts are no, you wouldn't continue taking damage from the same aoe if you managed to get out of los.

> That is more or less on making it simplistic to put into effect rather than actually being fair though.

This is one of the few ideas i heard lately that would benefit a smaller group by default(since a larger group would just move more clunky).

Especially on defensive stats

> @"Justine.6351" said:

>

how exactly is this gonna solve the problems of permastealth thieves?

Sorry, you fail, no star for you.