15 Year Anniversary Update For Guild Wars 1

I apologize for I did not know where else to place this subject.

I want to thank Arenanet for investing time in the small community that remains in the original Guild Wars series of games. The addition of new Elite Skills is very, very much appreciated from myself. Any content that you decide to add is greatly appreciated.

That is all I have to say in this thread, a simple thank you.

Edit: Also, I would gladly surrender to you my hard earned money for new Guild Wars 1 content. I would unwaveringly sacrifice my soul, my belongings, everything I own for you. There is nothing of me you cannot have, in exchange for new Guild Wars 1 content, no matter how miniscule it is.

Oh my sweet, sweet Arenanet, how you tease me so.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:

> > Wait what? Is there a link of the new added items?

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-guild-wars-anniversary-celebration-begins-tomorrow/

>

> Doesn't really give much away though

Well I guess I have to just play to find out lol. Thank you for posting a link

I guess it will be just some minor things to get people to play the game again. (And while they are at it they might try to sell it to new players.) I myself am currently playing it for the first time. Still busy with Factions. (I play the campaigns in release order.) Mainly playing for story/lore and maybe some titles (+ some AP in GW2.)

With SAB though I'm a bit busy here too much. (Tribulation mode and getting all the skins is a big timesink and grind.)

I read it a couple times, I am not sure there are "new" weapons compared to previous years but idk. "Reinforced" suggests maybe a revamp but the sentences full verbiage seems kind of flat. I hope the new boss groups are in open world maps like perdition rock and not like uw, the deep and doa type content.

>! Shameless plug but I started doing a playthrough of the prophecies missions in hard mode with an illusion mesmer and will continue to do so over the next month or so. No necro/rit healers and no energy surge mesmers, just good solid gameplay.

>! Playlist for the first 5 missions so far,

>!

>! Will start uploading more, missions in order, through the celebration as I get proofs of legend from each region now.

I would love to see a list of the new elites! It would be great if they revamped the Smite and Blood lines while they are tinkering with GW1. I played a Necro in GW1, and using Blood Magic and Smiting prayers was soo much fun when the game was released. I still have fond memories of using Vampiric Touch to 1-Shot Frenzy warriors in the Ascalon Arena.

If anyone was still wondering,

They added a new set of weapons but with wonky attribute requirements.

Hammer with divine favor requirement kind of wacky.

The new pve elite skills are crazy too except maybe ele one. Some are op af like mesmers ward spell that reduces recharge and cast times for all allies within.

> @"Soilder.3607" said:

> I apologize for I did not know where else to place this subject.

>

> I want to thank Arenanet for investing time in the small community that remains in the original Guild Wars series of games. The addition of new Elite Skills is very, very much appreciated from myself. Any content that you decide to add is greatly appreciated.

>

> That is all I have to say in this thread, a simple thank you.

>

> Edit: Also, I would gladly surrender to you my hard earned money for new Guild Wars 1 content. I would unwaveringly sacrifice my soul, my belongings, everything I own for you. There is nothing of me you cannot have, in exchange for new Guild Wars 1 content, no matter how miniscule it is.

>

> Oh my sweet, sweet Arenanet, how you tease me so.

Thank You! for posting this here. I also look forward to Guild Wars 1 Anniversary. Guild Wars 1 earned every year of wonderful hard work, effort, learning from past mistakes and applying them, also in striving in promoting and prioritizing the player healthy competition for the players.

Thank You! Anet for your continual devotion and continuous commitment of keeping Toxicity under control in Guild Wars 1

I encourage everyone to show love to Guild Wars 1 who made you feel belonged to the core root and the history of Guild Wars 1 and who made your experience appreciated each moment, each minute, each seconds that you logged in

**Happy 15 Anniversary Extraordinary Learning Years Guild Wars 1!!! You taught us that players experiences matter the most and that their values and worth are always well deserved and well treated by you, no matter what Always Lastly, Thank You! for your devotion and you loyalty to the players experience~~**

>> Mesmer and Ritualist I Miss You

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> I find it telling that they gave weapons with 'different' key attributes, like Hammer for Divine Favor, and Daggers for Leadership, and Spear for Strength. Perhaps there are clues in there about possible weapons for the new E-Specs?

All the new weapons and skills are more references toward the *existing* GW2 professions and elite specs. Look at Mesmer: *very* Chronomancer-themed, or Necro: just as Reaper-y. Warrior got a skill to be proficient in *every* martial weapon.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I find it telling that they gave weapons with 'different' key attributes, like Hammer for Divine Favor, and Daggers for Leadership, and Spear for Strength. Perhaps there are clues in there about possible weapons for the new E-Specs?

>

> All the new weapons and skills are more references toward the *existing* GW2 professions and elite specs. Look at Mesmer: *very* Chronomancer-themed, or Necro: just as Reaper-y. Warrior got a skill to be proficient in *every* martial weapon.

Warrior got Spear, just saying. The Paragon got Daggers. Makes me think that the new E-Specs will give Warrior spear and Guardian daggers. Ele got an axe, what current ele spec has an axe that isn't conjured? Just saying that I am seeing hints.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I find it telling that they gave weapons with 'different' key attributes, like Hammer for Divine Favor, and Daggers for Leadership, and Spear for Strength. Perhaps there are clues in there about possible weapons for the new E-Specs?

>

> All the new weapons and skills are more references toward the *existing* GW2 professions and elite specs. Look at Mesmer: *very* Chronomancer-themed, or Necro: just as Reaper-y. Warrior got a skill to be proficient in *every* martial weapon.

Also, the Paragon daggers are surely a reference to the Spellbreaker backstory, about the Sunspears using their spearheads as daggers. They even chose a skin that looks like spearheads.

I think assigning attributes like this is a nice elegant way of making these weapons different from previous ones. And hopefully it should lead to some interesting new build options!

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> I might give it a look, but I find it has not aged well at all and at times feels very clunky to play. That might be because I've left too long a gap between playing it properly

Interesting, I didn't get into GW1 until 2013, after I'd already played GW2, yet it never felt clunky or badly aged to me. That is, apart from the talking animations...

I always find that going from GW2 to GW1, I end up trying to jump by pressing space. Going the other way, I always try to click to move in town.