Eternal Ice Shards - let us do SOMETHING with them!

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"pninak.1069" said:

> > you got an ascended amulett and accessory with selectable stats. those cost 375 ice shards each.

>

> Great if you have no use for them, though, because all your characters are already fully equipped with ascended and legendary gear since long before The Icebrood Saga launched.

>

> I keep buying the Campfire Treats, but once I have a full stack of 250 I will stop buying more. I would appreciate a useful alternative for the currency as well.

You salvage the amulets for the chance to get ascended drop from it that sell well on the tp.

Same with backpacks.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> You salvage the amulets for the chance to get ascended drop from it that sell well on the tp.

> Same with backpacks.

Right! I didn't think of that, though I already own the respective item. :lol: Oops! :3

But the chance to extract those valuable items is pretty low, usually... Hmmm.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > You salvage the amulets for the chance to get ascended drop from it that sell well on the tp.

> > Same with backpacks.

>

> Right! I didn't think of that, though I already own the respective item. :lol: Oops! :3

>

> But the chance to extract those valuable items is pretty low, usually... Hmmm.

As said in thread what else do you have to use it on?

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > As said in thread what else do you have to use it on?

>

> That's why the OP is asking for more options. ;)

No the OP is saying the only thing to spend them on are 32 slot bags that use very few witch is false.

> @"Fleabite.7528" said:

Snip

> Nothing really to trade them for once you've done Illuminated weapons. Nothing to spend them on. Even the 32-slot bag only needs 40 shards.

>

Snip

Anyone else worried that next Living Story episode will bring a new currency? Something like Cosmic Magic?

It would be helpful if the developers just outright talked about their plans. Just tell us if this will get an update. That way we can get rid of this useless crap if it is not being updated. If they don't do this, I see old areas in this season being deserted relatively quickly.

> @"HardRider.2980" said:

> LOL... They already cost a bucket to convert to old currencies which are is very much IN NEEDS for certain things.

> Even then.. you can use the old currencies for amulets etc

>

> If none of this excites you or are in need, convert to magic and/or stop farming the maps xD

Awful part is you dont even have to farm the maps to get a ton.. i have 2k just from doing strikes. Granted i havent made any of the weapons yet, so i do need them. But..you can get like 200 a day from strikes alone.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> No the OP is saying the only thing to spend them on are 32 slot bags that use very few witch is false.

>

> > @"Fleabite.7528" said:

> Snip

> > Nothing really to trade them for once you've done Illuminated weapons. Nothing to spend them on. Even the 32-slot bag only needs 40 shards.

> >

> Snip

That is not what I am reading in the sentences you quoted...

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> There are way too many kinds of different currencies in the game. Let us exchange one kind for any other kind. Or gold. Or laurels. Or something useful.

Its a shame that each currency conversion comes with a secondary cost. Id probably do it alot more and go back and finish the older collections if it was a one for one, no secondary currency issue. especially with eternal ice. I dont have enough karma to use that conversion.

> @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> > @"White Kitsunee.4620" said:

> > Nope hatched chillies are the least value currency in the game: (

>

> What I do with those is trade 250 Chilies + VM for the Voice of Metal (Exotic Torch) and then immediately turn around and vendor it for 90s. It's not much, but it's something.

You do realize that you’re throwing ~8 gold worth of volatile magic away to get 90 silver, right?

https://gw2lunchbox.com/IstanShipments.html

I am fine with the Eternal Shards (as you can exchange those unlimited to lws4 currencies). I am having an issue with chillies from Grothmar tho. There is nothing than delete with those once you got all items unlocked from that npc. You cannot consume nor sell them. And that node in my home instance feels the most useless thing ever. Would be nice if we could consume those chillies for karma.

There’s already plenty of uses, but I wouldn’t mind also being able to but the amalgamated dragon gemstone thingies used for illuminated set. Since they way they get made is expensive as hell and has basically nothing to do with the content it’s related to