So this is what "less damage" looks like?

Xca.9721

Okay so, I'm not defending the damage or how it can be done from Stealth, at least not entirely, but the build it was used with is like... The gimmick of all gimmicks. You literally have to almost kill yourself, or at least do a huge amount of damage to yourself, be in melee range and get locked out of your Tool Belt to pull this off.

I can't think of a comparison off the top of my head because everything else that's super gimmicky doesn't have to do a bunch of damage to itself and sacrifice major defensive options to get a huge burst. Like maybe a Gunflame Berserker with Strength/Discipline/Arms or something but even then at least Signets can make up for a little bit of defenses.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > What was your gear stats?

>

> You get those numbers when against glass players. 5k to maybe 7k in blobs given they are more beefy.

>

> D:

So op has no toughness.

Not surprising. Used to do 32k on my rifle war. Nowdamage is less.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> That’s nice. Have you tried fighting bunker comp guilds before? The overheat would land for like 4k.

>

> Can we not balance things based on upscaled green gear users

This is the exact thing going on right now with ranger pets. Some guy was using photos of a bird hitting a person for high damage stacking every modifier you can think of, including sic em and opening strike mods, with his target being a berserker stats wielding elementalist. It's just smh reading all this crap.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > What was your gear stats?

> >

> > You get those numbers when against glass players. 5k to maybe 7k in blobs given they are more beefy.

> >

> > D:

>

> So op has no toughness.

>

> Not surprising. Used to do 32k on my rifle war. Nowdamage is less.

>

>

![](https://i.imgur.com/Q4X8GkA.png "")

these are my stats, full ascended

> @"Strider.7849" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > That’s nice. Have you tried fighting bunker comp guilds before? The overheat would land for like 4k.

> >

> > Can we not balance things based on upscaled green gear users

>

> This is the exact thing going on right now with ranger pets. Some guy was using photos of a bird hitting a person for high damage stacking every modifier you can think of, including sic em and opening strike mods, with his target being a berserker stats wielding elementalist. It's just smh reading all this kitten.

Yeah and? It's not ok cuz its regarding ur class this time? This is literally the the same thing all nerf threads on a class do, show unusually high numbers of stars aligned situations. When it's on a class we dislike it's fine to do so a cry for nerfs, but when it's on our own it's not lol.

> @"Xca.9721" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > What was your gear stats?

> > >

> > > You get those numbers when against glass players. 5k to maybe 7k in blobs given they are more beefy.

> > >

> > > D:

> >

> > So op has no toughness.

> >

> > Not surprising. Used to do 32k on my rifle war. Nowdamage is less.

> >

> >

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Q4X8GkA.png "")

>

> these are my stats, full ascended

2.4k armor isn't a lot. Did you have any vulnerability stacks on you?

> @"Strider.7849" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > That’s nice. Have you tried fighting bunker comp guilds before? The overheat would land for like 4k.

> >

> > Can we not balance things based on upscaled green gear users

>

> This is the exact thing going on right now with ranger pets. Some guy was using photos of a bird hitting a person for high damage stacking every modifier you can think of, including sic em and opening strike mods, with his target being a berserker stats wielding elementalist. It's just smh reading all this kitten.

lmao, the fact that you think anet changes it because of some shared screenshot on a forum is hilarious.

> @"Xca.9721" said:

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > What was your gear stats?

> > >

> > > You get those numbers when against glass players. 5k to maybe 7k in blobs given they are more beefy.

> > >

> > > D:

> >

> > So op has no toughness.

> >

> > Not surprising. Used to do 32k on my rifle war. Nowdamage is less.

> >

> >

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Q4X8GkA.png "")

>

> these are my stats, full ascended

Mara?

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Strider.7849" said:

> > > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > That’s nice. Have you tried fighting bunker comp guilds before? The overheat would land for like 4k.

> > >

> > > Can we not balance things based on upscaled green gear users

> >

> > This is the exact thing going on right now with ranger pets. Some guy was using photos of a bird hitting a person for high damage stacking every modifier you can think of, including sic em and opening strike mods, with his target being a berserker stats wielding elementalist. It's just smh reading all this kitten.

>

> Yeah and? It's not ok cuz its regarding ur class this time? This is literally the the same thing all nerf threads on a class do, show unusually high numbers of stars aligned situations. When it's on a class we dislike it's fine to do so a cry for nerfs, but when it's on our own it's not lol.

Speak for yourself, I've spoken out against nerfs to classes I don't even have, just based on experience fighting them. Not everyone is so selfish.

@"Strider.7849" You seem to be taking your class' nerfs overly personal, take a deep breath and calm down a little. Everything will be ok.

@"Strider Pj.2193" sorry, your nickname was on the top of the autofill list, didn't pay attention ;)

> @"Ansau.7326" said:

> Oh, how sweet all these people with all these excuses defending a broken cheesy stealth 1-shot. Don't worry, I will step up the game for you.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/FJjcZkw.png "")

>

> I was lucky running Herald instead of Renegade...

The trait needs to be completely reworked, almost no one uses it because it's extremely difficult to get any actual value out of it. Using A.E.D. is pretty much mandatory unless you're 100% certain you're going to kill your target without a fight.

Overheating locks you out of your Tool Belt skills ( 5 seconds with this trait ), locks you out of Photon Forge ( 10 seconds? ), deals multiple ticks of damage to yourself, requires the target(s) to be within a radius of 240 ( the size of a Necro Well ) and likely doesn't allow much/any room for defensive skills/utilities/traits.

I'm defending the fact that this build is a complete joke if you're aware of it's presence. If it's getting Stealthed by allies or self-stacking Stealth then yes that's gonna be a little harder to react to, but the same can be said about a lot more things than just this, and something with so many drawbacks at that.

As I said initially, I think the trait needs to be completely reworked. Not a huge reduction in power coefficient or any small tweaks like that because unless you're doing what the attacker was doing, going all in on this one gimmick, it has 0 value. It needs to be replaced with something that doesn't require you to dedicate every resource to it.