Funny Design choice, sad truth about warrior and questions

Lighter.5631

When unused pets are played with untouched pet damage, when mortar considered op

P/D thief and auramancers got games

and one pack wolf does insane damage.

Why warrior's mace offhand and torch are still trash even untouched

Why after rifle skills got doubled with ammo system even tripled with reset, yet it's still completely trash.

really makes me wonder, it must not be something with the numbers right?

**_*Whats so funny about design philosophy is that, everybody can spec to play like warrior, yet warrior can't play like anybody else.* _**so what's the point of having all these weapons and traits, just for show?

And

"Counterblow: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.0."

Why? why are you so afraid to buff these kinds of skills, it is literally impossible for warrior to play double melee without mobility in pvp in this game.

So what if it does 2.0x? giving how hard it is to land. Imagine counterblow hits for 5.5k, it will still be trash compared to ranger's pet.

Here's some good ideas for you to build warrior around, a build around landing counterblow, seriously. if a trait makes counterblow does 6k damage, mace/sword may even be semi playable.

try something creative with warrior..

Warrior is the class that has access to MOST weapons in the game. No other class has access to so many weapons. If you ever played other classes you'd notice that others have less weapns, and even less viable (if available) choices among less weapons in PVP. Yes many things are not up to date, but warrior is the last class to complain about this. There are classes that have 0 viable builds to play in pvp, warrior has choices and even an access to wvw. I see you are the guy who was abusing the overpowered Counterblow before patch, now you just have to learn playing the game the actual way like eveyone else. Now you get destroyed by undertuned thiefs ? Thinking that it is because "warrior is weak in this patch" is nothing else than just a horrible excuse. Warrior is the most balanced class out there to play right now, if you think otherwise I hate saying this, but GIT GUD. Just think of it this way: yes ranger pets (barriers are even stronger) are quite op now. However the same rangers were saying the same thing about warriors counterblow before the patch.

> @"Armen.1483" said:

> Warrior is the class that has access to MOST weapons in the game. No other class has access to so many weapons. If you ever played other classes you'd notice that others have less weapns, and even less viable (if available) choices among less weapons in PVP. Yes many things are not up to date, but warrior is the last class to complain about this. There are classes that have 0 viable builds to play in pvp, warrior has choices and even an access to wvw. I see you are the guy who was abusing the overpowered Counterblow before patch, now you just have to learn playing the game the actual way like eveyone else. Now you get destroyed by undertuned thiefs ? Thinking that it is because "warrior is weak in this patch" is nothing else than just a horrible excuse. Warrior is the most balanced class out there to play right now, if you think otherwise I hate saying this, but GIT GUD. Just think of it this way: yes ranger pets (barriers are even stronger) are quite op now. However the same rangers were saying the same thing about warriors counterblow before the patch.

abusing the overpowered counter blow? Are you joking? Did I just read that right lmao

> @"Armen.1483" said:

> Warrior is the class that has access to MOST weapons in the game. No other class has access to so many weapons. If you ever played other classes you'd notice that others have less weapns, and even less viable (if available) choices among less weapons in PVP. Yes many things are not up to date, but warrior is the last class to complain about this. There are classes that have 0 viable builds to play in pvp, warrior has choices and even an access to wvw. I see you are the guy who was abusing the overpowered Counterblow before patch, now you just have to learn playing the game the actual way like eveyone else. Now you get destroyed by undertuned thiefs ? Thinking that it is because "warrior is weak in this patch" is nothing else than just a horrible excuse. Warrior is the most balanced class out there to play right now, if you think otherwise I hate saying this, but GIT GUD. Just think of it this way: yes ranger pets (barriers are even stronger) are quite op now. However the same rangers were saying the same thing about warriors counterblow before the patch.

What class has 0 viable builds to play in PvP?

What exactly was "overpowered Counterblow"?

Undertuned thieves? Nice bait.

_"Warrior is the most balanced class out there to play right now, if you think otherwise I hate saying this, but GIT GUD"_

Warrior is balanced while other professions are overtuned, so instead of balancing those, warrior should git gud? Hmmm...

The sooner you accept that Warrior wasn't meant do to damage, the better you will likely feel.

The world around us is filled with danger and conflict, but it possible to stick to a humble existence that revolves entirely around stunning enemies, tanking, and redirecting attacks.

Infact, the "War" part in "War-rior" actually stands for the inner turmoil the other classes feel when confronted with love and peace rather than violence and condition damage. They know in the back of their minds that such acts have karmic consequences and they are not at peace with themselves.

Namaste friend ☮️

> @"Armen.1483" said:

> Warrior is the class that has access to MOST weapons in the game. No other class has access to so many weapons. If you ever played other classes you'd notice that others have less weapns, and even less viable (if available) choices among less weapons in PVP.

oh boi, you really arent thinking when you typed this,

Thief in 6 month switched from s/d to s/p to d/p now there's p/d, 4 weapon sets 4 meta builds

guardian had staff for support pre nerf, and now there's scepter/focus for condi build and sword/focus for power

ele has sword/focus, dagger/focus

engi had rifle and now there's sword/shield

rev has sword/sword staff for power and sword/shield mace/axe for condi

mesmer had staff/secpter pistol and gs sword/torch one shot and now they play axe/pistol sword torch

necro has staff/scepter warhorn and has gs/axe/focus for reaper

ranger is one exception but they have 5 pets for different builds, core is more brawling and soulbeast is for one shot.

everything above happened in 5 months

what warrior had in these 5 months? gs/dagger shield, you can count axe if you wanted, but it's just a worse version of dagger build that serve the same thing

I seriously doubt you have any pvp experience, but warrior is the one class with the most weapons and the least viable weapon,

and do you even know what Counterblow is? here is a hint, it's not Full counter.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > @"Armen.1483" said:

> > Warrior is the class that has access to MOST weapons in the game. No other class has access to so many weapons. If you ever played other classes you'd notice that others have less weapns, and even less viable (if available) choices among less weapons in PVP.

>

> oh boi, you really arent thinking when you typed this,

>

> Thief in 6 month switched from s/d to s/p to d/p now there's p/d, 4 weapon sets 4 meta builds

> guardian had staff for support pre nerf, and now there's scepter/focus for condi build and sword/focus for power

> ele has sword/focus, dagger/focus

> engi had rifle and now there's sword/shield

> rev has sword/sword staff for power and sword/shield mace/axe for condi

> mesmer had staff/secpter pistol and gs sword/torch one shot and now they play axe/pistol sword torch

> necro has staff/scepter warhorn and has gs/axe/focus for reaper

> ranger is one exception but they have 5 pets for different builds, core is more brawling and soulbeast is for one shot.

>

> everything above happened in 5 months

>

> what warrior had in these 5 months? gs/dagger shield, you can count axe if you wanted, but it's just a worse version of dagger build that serve the same thing

> I seriously doubt you have any pvp experience, but warrior is the one class with the most weapons and the least viable weapon,

>

> and do you even know what Counterblow is? here is a hint, it's not Full counter.

Lol I believe they probably meant war has the highest variety of weapons it can equip not how many are actually viable. War as I've said since the big patch does not even feel like a warrior class anymore, good job team.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > @"Armen.1483" said:

> > > Warrior is the class that has access to MOST weapons in the game. No other class has access to so many weapons. If you ever played other classes you'd notice that others have less weapns, and even less viable (if available) choices among less weapons in PVP.

> >

> > oh boi, you really arent thinking when you typed this,

> >

> > Thief in 6 month switched from s/d to s/p to d/p now there's p/d, 4 weapon sets 4 meta builds

> > guardian had staff for support pre nerf, and now there's scepter/focus for condi build and sword/focus for power

> > ele has sword/focus, dagger/focus

> > engi had rifle and now there's sword/shield

> > rev has sword/sword staff for power and sword/shield mace/axe for condi

> > mesmer had staff/secpter pistol and gs sword/torch one shot and now they play axe/pistol sword torch

> > necro has staff/scepter warhorn and has gs/axe/focus for reaper

> > ranger is one exception but they have 5 pets for different builds, core is more brawling and soulbeast is for one shot.

> >

> > everything above happened in 5 months

> >

> > what warrior had in these 5 months? gs/dagger shield, you can count axe if you wanted, but it's just a worse version of dagger build that serve the same thing

> > I seriously doubt you have any pvp experience, but warrior is the one class with the most weapons and the least viable weapon,

> >

> > and do you even know what Counterblow is? here is a hint, it's not Full counter.

>

> Lol I believe they probably meant war has the highest variety of weapons it can equip not how many are actually viable. War as I've said since the big patch does not even feel like a warrior class anymore, good job team.

warrior is having an identity crisis right now in pvp

I mean I feel revenant is kinda in a similar boat but the reverse. Warrior is in the "You're only good for CC" camp and they can do moderate damage, while revenant is pigeon holed into maybe like two builds and one of which (Condi) is probably gonna be nerfed so hard into the ground that its pathetic. I feel warrior needs to hit harder and its weapons as thats its focus should ALL be competitive and viable since they are a "Master of arms"

Warrior has so many weapons, Revenant has so few weapons.. The two are the exact opposite of each other and suffering from the same issues. Revenant has very few viable weapons anymore, and warrior is much the same.. Ironic seeing as warrior has THE MOST weapons to choose from. Both need to be fixed.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> If they returned damage to some of the CCs then warrior will be in a better place. That and they need to overhaul some of the weapons. The rifle rework was nice, but they cut the damage numbers too low for it to do any good.

This so much^ war seemed like a class so heavily invested in hard cc that when its overall damage was first considered the damage on cc's played a huge part in the classes over all damage. Seems of all the classes I've played the 0 dps on cc's hit the war far far harder.

> If they returned damage to some of the CCs then warrior will be in a better place. That and they need to overhaul some of the weapons. The rifle rework was nice, but they cut the damage numbers too low for it to do any good.

Yeah, removing the damage from the CC skills was a little overboard. I've pretty much shelved my warrior but when I tried it out post patch I think three of my hammer skills were hitting for 8 hit points. I get that it's a control effect, but seriously 8 hit points damage after getting smashed with a freaking 2-handed hammer... c'mon anet

> @"Farout.8207" said:

>

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > If they returned damage to some of the CCs then warrior will be in a better place. That and they need to overhaul some of the weapons. The rifle rework was nice, but they cut the damage numbers too low for it to do any good.

>

> Yeah, removing the damage from the CC skills was a little overboard. I've pretty much shelved my warrior but when I tried it out post patch I think three of my hammer skills were hitting for 8 hit points. I get that it's a control effect, but seriously 8 hit points damage after getting smashed with a freaking 2-handed hammer... c'mon anet

If they refuse to add the damage back then I'd like some updated traits to improve the hard CCs, like stripping all stability on a CC, no ICD because fck the other zerg, or have life steal on hard CC, or self condi removal on hard CC.

Also if they do the remove all stab on hard CC then only let warrior do that, put it into Merciless Hammer. Let Body Blow transfer a condition on a hard CC. Change Brave Stride so that it steals health on a hard CC instead of its current useless effect.

> > @"Farout.8207" said:

> >

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > If they returned damage to some of the CCs then warrior will be in a better place. That and they need to overhaul some of the weapons. The rifle rework was nice, but they cut the damage numbers too low for it to do any good.

> >

> > Yeah, removing the damage from the CC skills was a little overboard. I've pretty much shelved my warrior but when I tried it out post patch I think three of my hammer skills were hitting for 8 hit points. I get that it's a control effect, but seriously 8 hit points damage after getting smashed with a freaking 2-handed hammer... c'mon anet

>Change Brave Stride so that it steals health on a hard CC instead of its current useless effect.

That might actually be a good idea (depending on the numbers :p ), which won't allow cc dmg go overboard (because it wont scale) and at the same time improve warrior's sustain.

Edit: but then hammer aoe cc spam oof ouch oowie? Pretty much everything would boil down to the number values :D

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Farout.8207" said:

> > >

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > If they returned damage to some of the CCs then warrior will be in a better place. That and they need to overhaul some of the weapons. The rifle rework was nice, but they cut the damage numbers too low for it to do any good.

> > >

> > > Yeah, removing the damage from the CC skills was a little overboard. I've pretty much shelved my warrior but when I tried it out post patch I think three of my hammer skills were hitting for 8 hit points. I get that it's a control effect, but seriously 8 hit points damage after getting smashed with a freaking 2-handed hammer... c'mon anet

> >Change Brave Stride so that it steals health on a hard CC instead of its current useless effect.

>

> That might actually be a good idea (depending on the numbers :p ), which won't allow cc dmg go overboard (because it wont scale) and at the same time improve warrior's sustain.

>

> Edit: but then hammer aoe cc spam oof ouch oowie? Pretty much everything would boil down to the number values :D

Well, life steal damage scales with your power and the healing scales with your healing power (in the event you did not know, but these scaling factors are not that high). If this is on CC then something like Rev's Enchanted Daggers for the level of damage and healing, i.e. 1k damage if you push power or 1k healing if you push healing power. Hammer would be a decent option then, and its not like you'd be bursting someone down, so it would not be OP damage. Bull's Charge -> Kick -> ES -> SB -> BB would be ~5k damage ~5k healing but spread out over 5-6s.

Putting that on Brave Stride's slot means you don't have Peak Performance to lower the CDs on BC, kick, or Rampage. Putting stab removal on Merciless Hammer would compete with MMR and BP.