eve outfit

I really like the outfit. But I have some critiques.

1. The mask... Why a mask? Necromancers in GW1 used face paint... Why not add more face paints? We're sorely lacking in that...

2. The male version is too masculine. Needs much smaller shoulder pads and heels.. I was really hoping I could make a cute feminine guy...

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> I really like the outfit. But I have some critiques.

> 1. The mask... Why a mask? Necromancers in GW1 used face paint... Why not add more face paints? We're sorely lacking in that...

> 2. The male version is too masculine. Needs much smaller shoulder pads and heels.. I was really hoping I could make a cute feminine guy...

Though I agree the mask should have been face paint I have to disagree with the heels. Don't care for the look of heels on men or women. And at least the shoulder pads are smaller than they usually are. I'm just glad they finally took a step in the right direction and didn't just slap pants on the male version. Here's to hoping they take the leap and finally give us more revealing male outfits/armor sets; maybe with bare chests and no sleeves next time so I can finally show off my tattoos and fur patterns.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> 1. The mask... Why a mask? Necromancers in GW1 used face paint... Why not add more face paints? We're sorely lacking in that...

that isn't face paint, that's a scar.

but i agree, we need scars since that's the one thing that always made GW necro's unique, gave them a kind of ritualistic look.

> @"Vyriis.6258" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > I really like the outfit. But I have some critiques.

> > 1. The mask... Why a mask? Necromancers in GW1 used face paint... Why not add more face paints? We're sorely lacking in that...

> > 2. The male version is too masculine. Needs much smaller shoulder pads and heels.. I was really hoping I could make a cute feminine guy...

>

> Though I agree the mask should have been face paint I have to disagree with the heels. Don't care for the look of heels on men or women. And at least the shoulder pads are smaller than they usually are. I'm just glad they finally took a step in the right direction and didn't just slap pants on the male version. Here's to hoping they take the leap and finally give us more revealing male outfits/armor sets; maybe with bare chests and no sleeves next time so I can finally show off my tattoos and fur patterns.

I mean, fair. A lot of people don't want to allow cross dressing. I honestly think it should be an option. I'd love dapper tux on my girls and cute dresses on my boys. But yeah, we need more face pain/scars for light armor.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> 2. The male version is too masculine. Needs much smaller shoulder pads and heels.. I was really hoping I could make a cute feminine guy...

It's not only the male version that has a problem. Female version has its onw share of problems. The whole outfit is significantly more "heavy" visually than the original. That's even on Humans and Sylvari, while on Norn it becomes a really heavy leather coat with way oversized shoulderpads. It just has a completely different feel than in gw1.

And yeah, i don't think i need to add anything more about the mask over what other people already mentioned...

It's the first outfit in years that got me really interested. I just wish it was an armor set instead or at least I'd like to be able to hide the gloves and (mainly) the pauldrons... Well, nevermind. I guess I'll buy it anyway.

And hey, devs, could we get some male armor sets like this? Please. (big sad puppy eyes)

> @"Weindrasi.3805" said:

> It looks nice, as most outfits do. Except, I hate the huge silly-looking shoulders.... like I do with most outfits. I'd buy it (and a bunch of other outfits) if you could hide the shoulders.

I completely agree. So many outfits, to me, look terrible with the shoulder design.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> It's not only the male version that has a problem. Female version has its own share of problems. The whole outfit is significantly more "heavy" visually than the original. That's even on Humans and Sylvari, while on Norn it becomes a really heavy leather coat with way oversized shoulderpads. It just has a completely different feel than in gw1.

> And yeah, i don't think i need to add anything more about the mask over what other people already mentioned...

>

Agreed, it has a different feel than the GW1 version, doesn't look as good. Liked Eve's armor in Prophecies, don't really care for this outfit at all. Makes me want to rethink every time I wished for a certain GW1 outfit to be brought back.

• 2 weeks later...

The outfit might look fantastic on female characters, and also might invoke nostalgia from previous game called Guild Wars. Being one of the straight males from the game's community, I have some issues with the outfit, where males version seems to be feminine. The males navel region is visible as well as the pants part around the upper leg region doesn't seem appealing. The outfit in current form might look fashionable on female characters, that not be the same case in males, it seems more like a desperate effort to look more like Eve. The navel can be hid completely and males get to wear full pants(or something that looks more creative). Please **Development Team** if you are reading this, can you consider implementing minor changes that I have suggested or a reply?

I've also checked the original guild wars wiki of [Eve](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Eve) and compared both outfits, the one Eve wears and the one in the gem store. The male's chest area seems to retain the essence of her outfit, while the female version goes on to be creative in its own way. The shoulder look big but no issue there. The hands on Eve look flaring at the edges and loose whereas here it looks more like a toughened forearm guard. The legs feel like a part of coat versus the actual Eve's where it appears to drape, hanging down to hide the essential areas.

Then don't buy it. Or don't put it on your male characters. Being one of females from the game's community (is this kind of stuff even important?), I have only two issues with this outfit on male characters - the oversized shoulders and that it looks as if there's a cage petticoat underneath from a sideview. So please, devs, if any changes are ever considered, remove the shoulders and the buttflap (yup, away with it), the rest is great just like that.