The Mad Memories Quest Line Returns!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so happy to see this!

I started it the first year, but I wasn't high enough level to complete the 2nd half (I think I was around level 30 and it involved going into Bloodtide Coast). My guild offered to run me though, but I assumed it would be like GW1 Halloween with the same activities returning every year so I told them I'd wait and do it the next year.

I've regretted that ever since. Not even so much because of the back item (although it is cool) but more because I was really enjoying the scavenger hunt and never got to finish it. Now I can. :)

It's great for all the people who joined after the first Halloween too.

Hooray, finally, after 5 whopping years of waiting, gets this stuff finally a return, so that all people get treu chance of earnign this skin, including all the hundreds of thousands of players that got their accounts hacked in the first couple of months after game release ...

For every selfish "salty" person there may exist, that has their flabbergasting moment of greed and rage over the return of some pixels will be existing therefore 10 happy players, which will finalyl receive their fair personal chance to earn this skin, like everybody else, who was able to play the game normally and never got forcefully removed the ability to play normally, just because there was some kind of antisocial butthole with too much time, which thought its fun to screw up the fun for as many other peopel of a game to make profit from the suffering of others ...

Of the two backpack skins, I have the second one (that required the first to get). But, oddly like a lot of people, didn't have the first one unlocked in wardrobe. I know we could submit a ticket for it, but was in no rush and really didn't want to bother customer service with it. So, if it is back in, that will be nice. I don't really care if new people can now get that skin too, it's not like having it made you a better person than those without.

> @Malediktus.9250 said:

> Very unhappy to see it returning. Another thing less you can show that you were around since the start of the game. Anet really disrespects veterans in this game.

So what counts as "veteran" by this point? 3 years? Headstart?

As one who's been here since headstart, I fully welcome the chance for others to enjoy content that was literally considered throw-away by the previous game execs. And if/when the Season 1 content can finally make a comeback, I'll cheer for that too. Because who doesn't want to spike Scarlet in the ribs with a flagpole again?

It's not up to some person's ego to ward off fun for everyone else.

> @SmirkDog.3160 said:

> > @Malediktus.9250 said:

> > Very unhappy to see it returning. Another thing less you can show that you were around since the start of the game. Anet really disrespects veterans in this game.

>

> Well y'know, there's the Relentless title. Unless you don't have that yet....

There's also the Celebration Hat. I can't see them bringing that back any time soon.

Admittedly I also can't see anyone regretting being unable to get it, or wanting to wear it. But if you want an item to prove you were in the game from the beginning that's it.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> There's also the Celebration Hat. I can't see them bringing that back any time soon.

>

> Admittedly I also can't see anyone regretting being unable to get it, or wanting to wear it. But if you want an item to prove you were in the game from the beginning that's it.

I somehow lost it after the wardrobe swapover. Didn't really hit me until much later, and when I asked Support about reclaiming it, I was denied. :(