Guild Wars 2 needs superior performance

uberkingkong.8041

> @"CrimsonNeonite.1048" said:

> Is that guy seriously trying to find or make excuses for the skill lag?

>

> This guy has the same avatar as someone who was similar.

Obtena

LOL - I find that funny. No not the same.

Just realize that there are MANY more people using the interwebs since Covid-19 started. Also Amazon has their own streaming service, how much does that take.

People like to blame A.Net, I think many of y'all are from mmorpg website. Nothing A.Net does is good enough....

All, I am saying is look at everything - doesn't mean it is the game.

The uptick in lag complaints is due to everyone being stuck at home and using the internet at once. Other networks/companies are experiencing lag issues as well. People are also very quick to blame Anet’s servers when it could very well be on their end or somewhere in between.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> The uptick in lag complaints is due to everyone being stuck at home and using the internet at once. Other networks/companies are experiencing lag issues as well. People are also very quick to blame Anet’s servers when it could very well be on their end or somewhere in between.

So true. The other thing that might be happening is a DDOS attacks on AWS. I know other games are currently experiencing this issue , TERA is one. That can also cause lag.

> @"Dusty Moon.4382" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > The uptick in lag complaints is due to everyone being stuck at home and using the internet at once. Other networks/companies are experiencing lag issues as well. People are also very quick to blame Anet’s servers when it could very well be on their end or somewhere in between.

>

> So true. The other thing that might be happening is a DDOS attacks on AWS. I know other games are currently experiencing this issue , TERA is one. That can also cause lag.

Thats why Zoom diversifies, something Guild Wars 2 could learn from.

Guild Wars 2 should invest in Oracle Cloud strictly for its WvW.

AWS just isn't designed for complexities like WvW, that is something a newer cloud like Oracle has strong points in.

Think of it like AWS is duo core, and think of it like Oracle is 8 core processor. You have WvW, 100+ instances of people, you need a lot of cores.

You need Oracle Cloud which can deliver.

Why do you think the military did not chose AWS? Because it's just not good enough compared to the other clouds.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/25/microsoft-wins-major-defense-cloud-contract-beating-out-amazon.html

Azure is pretty much best at security.

**AWS is pretty much like Apple, nothing special, just everyone uses it.**

Oracle is pretty much performance.

2019 trends?

Azure beats AWS

2020 trends?

Oracle beats AWS

Ongoing trends, people going after quality rather than popularity, people not going with popular AWS, because there is better out there.

GW2 needs to be quick to react, it needs to go with Oracle before everyone wakes up and realizes its better for gaming.

**GW2 needs to stop being late mover and start being leader.**

GW2 assumes AWS is best.

Other companies, look at the stats.

> @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> Think of it like AWS is duo core, and think of it like Oracle is 8 core processor. You have WvW, 100+ instances of people, you need a lot of cores.

> You need Oracle Cloud which can deliver.

Lets see, quick look at VM specs between the two... Trying to find max Intel specced machines on compute... Oracle offer up to 24 core 2ghz 8167M . Amazon offer up to 96 core 3.1ghz 8175M (Edit: whups looked at general purpose, the compute spec is 3.6ghz non specified 8000 series). Looking at Epyc, Oracle offer up to 64 core 2.2ghz 7742. Amazon offer up to 96 core 2.5ghz 7000 series (model not specified).

Fantastic comparison there. Oracle do have a 128 core Epyc bare metal, but guessing that is hideously expensive.

> > @"Dusty Moon.4382" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > The uptick in lag complaints is due to everyone being stuck at home and using the internet at once. Other networks/companies are experiencing lag issues as well. People are also very quick to blame Anet’s servers when it could very well be on their end or somewhere in between.

> >

> > So true. The other thing that might be happening is a DDOS attacks on AWS. I know other games are currently experiencing this issue , TERA is one. That can also cause lag.

>

> Thats why Zoom diversifies, something Guild Wars 2 could learn from.

> Guild Wars 2 should invest in Oracle Cloud strictly for its WvW.

Let's not assume that there is a reason to invest in anything WVW. That assumption needs information about revenue that WvW generates and we don't have.

This is not a decision based on purely technical points. It's a business decision based on how WvW fits into the game as a whole as part of a business.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Yeah I'm totally buying the idea that WvW is a charity project that brings in no bacon

Let's be honest here ... no one is saying it doesn't generate revenue; your post seems to indicate that is what my post said, which is unfair and incorrect. The question is how much revenue it makes. That's just a small part of the over question of investment into WvW. If WvW was making Anet money hand over fist ... you bet their activity for WvW development would be much different than it has been. These aren't hard things to comprehend.

I'm so disappointed to see GW surrender to Unreal Engine. As a gamer that tried many Unreal Engine games and as a Software Programmer that experimented using UE.

I'm very sorry to see this happen.

Most games I tried from Unreal Engine have even worst performance than GW, just look at some of the most played games in 2019 from UE and see how crap they are (Pubg, Paladins, Dauntless, Fortnite), or even old games like Ark, still have crap performance.

At least gw2 can run in a 2010 Core 2 Duo. Go do that on any of those games.

I myself started experimenting with UE, and man performance is not their thing, just make an empty game with nothing on it, and its automatically heavier than GW.

I was really hopping they would follow good examples, like Path of Exile that after investigating decided to use use Maya with some custom tools, or maybe the mighty Bungie with Destiny 2, but no, ANet always making the weird decisions that no one understands.

I really hope they don't regret this.

I myself (as a no-one and belonging to no company) will stay with Godot.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Yeah I'm totally buying the idea that WvW is a charity project that brings in no bacon

Players enjoy the game because There Are Different Types of Game Modes. Since gw factions, big scale pvp was always an attraction, even if only once a month, players go back to it. It adds up to the overall player happiness with the game.

Keeps your players happy, and they will spend a couple bucks once in awhile in the store.

> @"Aria Lliane.8693" said:

> I'm so disappointed to see GW surrender to Unreal Engine. As a gamer that tried many Unreal Engine games and as a Software Programmer that experimented using UE.

> I'm very sorry to see this happen.

> Most games I tried from Unreal Engine have even worst performance than GW, just look at some of the most played games in 2019 from UE and see how kitten they are (Pubg, Paladins, Dauntless, Fortnite), or even old games like Ark, still have kitten performance.

> At least gw2 can run in a 2010 Core 2 Duo. Go do that on any of those games.

> I myself started experimenting with UE, and man performance is not their thing, just make an empty game with nothing on it, and its automatically heavier than GW.

> I was really hopping they would follow good examples, like Path of Exile that after investigating decided to use use Maya with some custom tools, or maybe the mighty Bungie with Destiny 2, but no, ANet always making the weird decisions that no one understands.

> I really hope they don't regret this.

> I myself (as a no-one and belonging to no company) will stay with Godot.

What are you even talking about?

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Aria Lliane.8693" said:

> > I'm so disappointed to see GW surrender to Unreal Engine. As a gamer that tried many Unreal Engine games and as a Software Programmer that experimented using UE.

> > I'm very sorry to see this happen.

> > Most games I tried from Unreal Engine have even worst performance than GW, just look at some of the most played games in 2019 from UE and see how kitten they are (Pubg, Paladins, Dauntless, Fortnite), or even old games like Ark, still have kitten performance.

> > At least gw2 can run in a 2010 Core 2 Duo. Go do that on any of those games.

> > I myself started experimenting with UE, and man performance is not their thing, just make an empty game with nothing on it, and its automatically heavier than GW.

> > I was really hopping they would follow good examples, like Path of Exile that after investigating decided to use use Maya with some custom tools, or maybe the mighty Bungie with Destiny 2, but no, ANet always making the weird decisions that no one understands.

> > I really hope they don't regret this.

> > I myself (as a no-one and belonging to no company) will stay with Godot.

> What are you even talking about?

>

That question is the theme of the thread actually.

D:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> > > Let me inform you of some facts

> > > **AWS Cloud came about in 2006**, it is an old cloud engine. Very clunky and slow.

> > > **Oracle Cloud came about in 2012**, it uses more of the newer technology. It has SUPERIOR performance over AWS

> > That is an incredibly simplistic view on something that probably requires a 200+ page book to fully detail the differences of the two services. Its not always about "newer technology", it has to be the right technology too. The way the GW2 server infrastructure is built may be incompatible with Oracle services, who knows. None of us know anything and I can **assure** you that no one at Anet is going to say a word on it on this forum if they had any such plans, that is literally on a company management level.

>

> Its the infrastructure level, all they do is assign the build file to another infrastructure.

> It's not like changing from C# to Python

> It's not like using JSP instead of HTML

> It's not like using typescript instead of Javascript

> It's not like going from MySQL to NoSQL

>

> Think of it like a website you have or an app

> Do you need to change any styles, logic, structure, CRUD, etc. because you of changing from a .net to a .com? No.

> .net or .com could be hosted by either AWS or Oracle or any other IaaS. Only difference is at the server layer.

> It's just another, a better servers and routers with better logic. All of which GW2 doesn't even touch anyways.

> If it was a PaaS yes, it would be a lot of work.

> If it was a SaaS yes, it would be a lot of work.

>

> GW2 is not created using Amazon platform tools, nor is it created using any Amazon applications.

> **Platform is the Unreal Engine, Unreal Engine has nothing to do with AWS.**

> Lets look at GW2 careers (this tells you about their stack and development)

> https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/1753778

> Network Engineer

> C++ and Unreal Engine, no nothing with AWS related

> **neither of those is AWS related, GW2 isnt tied like a knot to AWS**

>

> https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/1988141

> Senior Software Engineer

> C++ and Unreal Engine, no nothing about AWS

> **neither of those is AWS related, GW2 isnt tied like a knot to AWS**

>

> all they that is different when they switch to Oracle cloud is after creating the build file, they use terminal commands for Oracle cloud instead of AWS cloud, its really not hard to send out production to the cloud

>

> C++ and Unreal Engine can be run on any cloud, its not AWS specific

>

> Thus your argument is invalid

> We are talking about the IaaS layer

> This is the bare bottom layer, its not like Mac or PC. Its like do you want SSD or HHD (SSD, HHD can be used any OS(OS is like GW2). (analogy)

> Obviously Oracle is newer, its the SSD and AWS is old and clunky its the HHD (analogy)

> Just look at things from 2006 and compare to 2012.

> If you think oh "oh they do updates"

> Look at Everquest/World of Warcraft, they do expansions, same structure, its still old and clunky.

> Look at GW2, same system over the years, its pretty much the standard (GW2 came out 2012, Oracle Cloud came out 2012) even though 8 years passed by

> AWS is like vanilla Javascript, who does that? Oracle is like Angular, React, Vue

>

> **Oracle is just outright better, and it's just as easy to switch like changing your cell phone provider.** (You can use your phone the apps on your phone, etc., only thing that changes is footprint, some providers have better coverage than others, speed, cost. Nothing about your phone or what apps it can do or use is affected)

>

> Oracle and AWS are disk drives.

> All it is, is taking out the HDD and switching it to a SSD.

> Oracle is that SSD. And we all know how much nicer it is then HDD.

> No OS modifications needed after swapping from HDD to SDD, easy change.

> All you do is copy your data to a better disk drive.

> No special, days of debugging needed. Just copy to to other disk drive.

> Processing data on HDD, slow, 12 seconds computer is ready

> Processing data on SSD, fast, 3 seconds computer is ready.

>

> 12 seconds, GW2 is laggy

> 3 seconds, GW2 lag is gone

> keep compounding it, laggy all day long with AWS.

> This is where BigO, comes in, O1, 1 is the cloud provider, AWS you will be laggy. You need to change the 1, and thats where a better IaaS comes in, and thats Oracle.

Looking at those job descriptions, an engine developer is unlikely to have any interaction with writing code for network interfaces or those interfaces themselves. Writing netcode is a whole different aspect of programming and can get so low-level it may often overlap or be more heavily-tied to computer engineering.

Improving server-side operations, especially when it comes to improving efficiency (even with external hosts), is a whole different beast requiring a whole different set of skills.

The way you describe the use of these services and their respective performance gains is also extremely naive. Considering you can't even get the terminology in your analogy correct, I'm going to immediately just say you have almost no working knowledge about the subject OR industry experience working with proprietary technologies in business partnerships.

Sorry, but the people at ANet surely know more than you do, considering I'm certain I know more than you do, and definitely know less than the people at ANet.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> > > > Let me inform you of some facts

> > > > **AWS Cloud came about in 2006**, it is an old cloud engine. Very clunky and slow.

> > > > **Oracle Cloud came about in 2012**, it uses more of the newer technology. It has SUPERIOR performance over AWS

> > > That is an incredibly simplistic view on something that probably requires a 200+ page book to fully detail the differences of the two services. Its not always about "newer technology", it has to be the right technology too. The way the GW2 server infrastructure is built may be incompatible with Oracle services, who knows. None of us know anything and I can **assure** you that no one at Anet is going to say a word on it on this forum if they had any such plans, that is literally on a company management level.

> >

> > Its the infrastructure level, all they do is assign the build file to another infrastructure.

> > It's not like changing from C# to Python

> > It's not like using JSP instead of HTML

> > It's not like using typescript instead of Javascript

> > It's not like going from MySQL to NoSQL

> >

> > Think of it like a website you have or an app

> > Do you need to change any styles, logic, structure, CRUD, etc. because you of changing from a .net to a .com? No.

> > .net or .com could be hosted by either AWS or Oracle or any other IaaS. Only difference is at the server layer.

> > It's just another, a better servers and routers with better logic. All of which GW2 doesn't even touch anyways.

> > If it was a PaaS yes, it would be a lot of work.

> > If it was a SaaS yes, it would be a lot of work.

> >

> > GW2 is not created using Amazon platform tools, nor is it created using any Amazon applications.

> > **Platform is the Unreal Engine, Unreal Engine has nothing to do with AWS.**

> > Lets look at GW2 careers (this tells you about their stack and development)

> > https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/1753778

> > Network Engineer

> > C++ and Unreal Engine, no nothing with AWS related

> > **neither of those is AWS related, GW2 isnt tied like a knot to AWS**

> >

> > https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/1988141

> > Senior Software Engineer

> > C++ and Unreal Engine, no nothing about AWS

> > **neither of those is AWS related, GW2 isnt tied like a knot to AWS**

> >

> > all they that is different when they switch to Oracle cloud is after creating the build file, they use terminal commands for Oracle cloud instead of AWS cloud, its really not hard to send out production to the cloud

> >

> > C++ and Unreal Engine can be run on any cloud, its not AWS specific

> >

> > Thus your argument is invalid

> > We are talking about the IaaS layer

> > This is the bare bottom layer, its not like Mac or PC. Its like do you want SSD or HHD (SSD, HHD can be used any OS(OS is like GW2). (analogy)

> > Obviously Oracle is newer, its the SSD and AWS is old and clunky its the HHD (analogy)

> > Just look at things from 2006 and compare to 2012.

> > If you think oh "oh they do updates"

> > Look at Everquest/World of Warcraft, they do expansions, same structure, its still old and clunky.

> > Look at GW2, same system over the years, its pretty much the standard (GW2 came out 2012, Oracle Cloud came out 2012) even though 8 years passed by

> > AWS is like vanilla Javascript, who does that? Oracle is like Angular, React, Vue

> >

> > **Oracle is just outright better, and it's just as easy to switch like changing your cell phone provider.** (You can use your phone the apps on your phone, etc., only thing that changes is footprint, some providers have better coverage than others, speed, cost. Nothing about your phone or what apps it can do or use is affected)

> >

> > Oracle and AWS are disk drives.

> > All it is, is taking out the HDD and switching it to a SSD.

> > Oracle is that SSD. And we all know how much nicer it is then HDD.

> > No OS modifications needed after swapping from HDD to SDD, easy change.

> > All you do is copy your data to a better disk drive.

> > No special, days of debugging needed. Just copy to to other disk drive.

> > Processing data on HDD, slow, 12 seconds computer is ready

> > Processing data on SSD, fast, 3 seconds computer is ready.

> >

> > 12 seconds, GW2 is laggy

> > 3 seconds, GW2 lag is gone

> > keep compounding it, laggy all day long with AWS.

> > This is where BigO, comes in, O1, 1 is the cloud provider, AWS you will be laggy. You need to change the 1, and thats where a better IaaS comes in, and thats Oracle.

>

> Looking at those job descriptions, an engine developer is unlikely to have any interaction with writing code for network interfaces or those interfaces themselves. Writing netcode is a whole different aspect of programming and can get so low-level it may often overlap or be more heavily-tied to computer engineering.

> Improving server-side operations, especially when it comes to improving efficiency (even with external hosts), is a whole different beast requiring a whole different set of skills.

>

> The way you describe the use of these services and their respective performance gains is also extremely naive. Considering you can't even get the terminology in your analogy correct, I'm going to immediately just say you have almost no working knowledge about the subject OR industry experience working with proprietary technologies in business partnerships.

>

> Sorry, but the people at ANet surely know more than you do, considering I'm certain I know more than you do, and definitely know less than the people at ANet.

The whole point of showing the job descriptions is exactly like you said, none of it even ties with netcode. Even the network engineer job.

https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/1753778

Network Engineer

C++ and Unreal Engine, no nothing with AWS related

neither of those is AWS related, GW2 isnt tied like a knot to AWS

And you saying he doesn't even do small bits to solve netcode, yes my point exactly.

He needs to know unreal engine plus C++?? Network engineer?? No Cisco certifications preferred?? Hmmmm...

Thats why I keep saying they can't do anything about it, they have to switch to better provider than AWS. You have a lot of choices like Google Cloud, Azure, IBM, even Salesforce Heroku. But GW2 and **ArenaNet company is in follower mode right now.** So they narrow vision and only see AWS as option, only see Unreal Engine as option.

Just like this guy says too.

> @"Aria Lliane.8693" said:

> I'm so disappointed to see GW surrender to Unreal Engine. As a gamer that tried many Unreal Engine games and as a Software Programmer that experimented using UE.

> I'm very sorry to see this happen.

> Most games I tried from Unreal Engine have even worst performance than GW, just look at some of the most played games in 2019 from UE and see how kitten they are (Pubg, Paladins, Dauntless, Fortnite), or even old games like Ark, still have kitten performance.

> At least gw2 can run in a 2010 Core 2 Duo. Go do that on any of those games.

> I myself started experimenting with UE, and man performance is not their thing, just make an empty game with nothing on it, and its automatically heavier than GW.

> I was really hopping they would follow good examples, like Path of Exile that after investigating decided to use use Maya with some custom tools, or maybe the mighty Bungie with Destiny 2, but no, ANet always making the weird decisions that no one understands.

> I really hope they don't regret this.

> I myself (as a no-one and belonging to no company) will stay with Godot.

GW2 and **ArenaNet company is in follower mode.** Just like millennials with Apple products, they only see 1 option, all the other options even though better, they don't recognize due to narrow vision.

**You want lag to be fixed, you go with Oracle Cloud**, just like what Zoom is doing.

Zoom is a company that sees big picture, it KNOWS a lot of people are using its product now, it NOWS it needs to combat lag to keep customers happy.

IT KNOWS other options than AWS.

It KNOWS Oracle Cloud is the way to go.

Period.

> GW2 and **ArenaNet company is in follower mode.** Just like millennials with Apple products, they only see 1 option, all the other options even though better, they don't recognize due to narrow vision.

Better isn't a compelling reason to change. There has to be a business case to make changes.

> @"SexyMofo.8923" said:

> It’s obvious they don’t have the technology. They’ve been using that excuse for years.

>

> Garbage in, garbage out. Garbage overall.

One common thing WoW, ESO, GW2 face is in large number battles creates massive lag spikes.

They all use AWS cloud technology.

Oracle performance tests vs AWS

https://blogs.oracle.com/cloud-infrastructure/oracle-tests-better-in-performance-than-amazon-web-services

https://www.itconvergence.com/blog/ebs-oci-4-key-reasons-choose-oci-aws/

Without going to better network provider, lag is going to still be there. AWS is ancient old tech, since 2006. Thats when 2GB RAM was a lot. Thats when SSD was not a thing.

SSD came about 2010, Oracle Cloud was released after 2010. Uses superior technology.

You can claim AWS updates itself. But look at WoW graphics, it updates itself too. The groundwork is the determining factor. When it all started 2006 before a lot of crucial modern day tech, it's a recipe for disaster for demands of the current modern era.

Again WoW, GW2, ESO all use AWS. They all have lag problems. Its a network issue, on the AWS side. Nothing GW2, WoW, or ESO can do about it besides switch to a better cloud provider.

Oracle Cloud performs 2 to 10 times better than AWS.

AWS is good if it's a game like Diablo 2, only set number of things.

Oracle is good if its a stress test. 200 people battles. World boss fights, WvW.

Zoom uses Oracle because all of a sudden it has a lot of stress tests going on. Rapid waves of people using Zoom platform at sametime. AWS is crap vs stress test, Zoom knows it, everyone who does the research knows it.

Thats why Zoom started using Oracle Cloud now, May 2020.

I believe the problem is the engine, and sheer amount of data traffic and server-side calulations when players are close to each-other. 2 players, each send data to server and server sends to them info back about themselves and the other guy, so 1x2= 2 to server and 2x2 = 4 from server. 4 players each sends data to server and server send to them about themselves and each-other, 1x4 = 4 to server and 4x4 = 16 from server. 150players = 150x150 = 22500 from server. I.e. the more players in range, the more data being sent to many players about other players. Note that "4 from server" is here the 4 times the given data package size, which is I don't know and it may vary in size and will vary in frequency depend how much skills are being spammed. The more skills being cast the more calculations being done on server and the more data being sent. In other words lag is worse against servers with larger blobs that fight your blob, and against servers that spam skills => more traffic and calculations.

From personal experience I always notice lag when one, both, or all 3 zergs engage / bomb, and are presumably all trying to cast things at the same time. Continuous engages also makes it worse, probably toasting some poor amazon hamster. I also feel like the engine is running slower at these times, through longer skill cooldowns (cooldown finishing slower), but i never measured if this last part is really true.

In the start GW2 had large issues with the amount of data in the start, so there was culling (you couldnt even see other zergs at times, but you died or killed). They fixed that along with some data transfer and engine optimizations, I think it was 6-12months after release.

In the end servers, or cloud providers can all provide amazing hardware, its just costly as f.

PS: waiting for servers to get back up :smile:

Anecdotally speaking, I've definitely noticed a thing where you know when the other group is about to push because your own skill activations start lagging a little. Not sure if it's from all their pre-buffing or just because they started moving closer, but it's definitely a way you can "feels" zergs on reset night.

> > @"SexyMofo.8923" said:

> > It’s obvious they don’t have the technology. They’ve been using that excuse for years.

> >

> > Garbage in, garbage out. Garbage overall.

>

> One common thing WoW, ESO, GW2 face is in large number battles creates massive lag spikes.

> They all use AWS cloud technology.

>

> Oracle performance tests vs AWS

> https://blogs.oracle.com/cloud-infrastructure/oracle-tests-better-in-performance-than-amazon-web-services

> https://www.itconvergence.com/blog/ebs-oci-4-key-reasons-choose-oci-aws/

>

> Without going to better network provider, lag is going to still be there. AWS is ancient old tech, since 2006. Thats when 2GB RAM was a lot. Thats when SSD was not a thing.

> SSD came about 2010, Oracle Cloud was released after 2010. Uses superior technology.

>

> You can claim AWS updates itself. But look at WoW graphics, it updates itself too. The groundwork is the determining factor. When it all started 2006 before a lot of crucial modern day tech, it's a recipe for disaster for demands of the current modern era.

>

> Again WoW, GW2, ESO all use AWS. They all have lag problems. Its a network issue, on the AWS side. Nothing GW2, WoW, or ESO can do about it besides switch to a better cloud provider.

>

> Oracle Cloud performs 2 to 10 times better than AWS.

> AWS is good if it's a game like Diablo 2, only set number of things.

> Oracle is good if its a stress test. 200 people battles. World boss fights, WvW.

>

> Zoom uses Oracle because all of a sudden it has a lot of stress tests going on. Rapid waves of people using Zoom platform at sametime. AWS is kitten vs stress test, Zoom knows it, everyone who does the research knows it.

>

> Thats why Zoom started using Oracle Cloud now, May 2020.

You really don't know what you're talking about. It's comical and sad that you keep spewing nonsense that you probably believe yourself.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"uberkingkong.8041" said:

> > > @"SexyMofo.8923" said:

> > > It’s obvious they don’t have the technology. They’ve been using that excuse for years.

> > >

> > > Garbage in, garbage out. Garbage overall.

> >

> > One common thing WoW, ESO, GW2 face is in large number battles creates massive lag spikes.

> > They all use AWS cloud technology.

> >

> > Oracle performance tests vs AWS

> > https://blogs.oracle.com/cloud-infrastructure/oracle-tests-better-in-performance-than-amazon-web-services

> > https://www.itconvergence.com/blog/ebs-oci-4-key-reasons-choose-oci-aws/

> >

> > Without going to better network provider, lag is going to still be there. AWS is ancient old tech, since 2006. Thats when 2GB RAM was a lot. Thats when SSD was not a thing.

> > SSD came about 2010, Oracle Cloud was released after 2010. Uses superior technology.

> >

> > You can claim AWS updates itself. But look at WoW graphics, it updates itself too. The groundwork is the determining factor. When it all started 2006 before a lot of crucial modern day tech, it's a recipe for disaster for demands of the current modern era.

> >

> > Again WoW, GW2, ESO all use AWS. They all have lag problems. Its a network issue, on the AWS side. Nothing GW2, WoW, or ESO can do about it besides switch to a better cloud provider.

> >

> > Oracle Cloud performs 2 to 10 times better than AWS.

> > AWS is good if it's a game like Diablo 2, only set number of things.

> > Oracle is good if its a stress test. 200 people battles. World boss fights, WvW.

> >

> > Zoom uses Oracle because all of a sudden it has a lot of stress tests going on. Rapid waves of people using Zoom platform at sametime. AWS is kitten vs stress test, Zoom knows it, everyone who does the research knows it.

> >

> > Thats why Zoom started using Oracle Cloud now, May 2020.

>

> You really don't know what you're talking about. It's comical and sad that you keep spewing nonsense that you probably believe yourself.

The reports speak for themselves. No need to do personal attacks.