Chapter 1 Replays/ Loot in Replayed Chapters

I want to quickly go through the Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire so I have access to the replays of some of the Living World Season 1 Chapters. I plan to do this right after finishing the Personal Story, so I have some questions. One, around how long does this take and will it actually give me access to some of the Season 1 Chapters or are they just similar as part of Steel and Fire, and Two, should I keep the loot I gain in this run of Steel and Fire since I'd most likely be going back and playing it once I actually reach that point in the story?

I’d put aside 30-45 mins for steel run depending on numbers joining.

You will then get another solo instance after that related to the Saga

Then an npc in HoM will talk about the ls1 stuff. You need to visit 3 locations and collect an item in each to unlock all three ls1 instances.

They don’t really expand much on the story though

The bits it gives you access to are genuine parts of Season 1, as they were originally. But it's not full chapters, just individual instances. Think of it like playing The Battle of Claw Island or Forging the Pact without doing any of the stuff before or after.

And you should definitely keep the rewards from doing Steel and Fire. It's actually designed to be repeated, so if you go back and do it again later on you'll be playing it as intended, but I think there's some items you only get the first time so if you delete them you won't be able to get them back, even if you replay it.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > I’d put aside 30-45 mins for steel run depending on numbers joining.

>

> 30-45minutes sounds more like a solo run. Groups should be able to do it under 30 minutes ...

That's why I said numbers depending, although I've not been in a group that has taken under 40 mins so far. Mileage will vary. If it takes the OP less great, but always better to prepare for longer

> @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

You are far better off doing Steel and Fire in a public group. There is only advantages to doing it with others. It's not the story your character was involved in so there is no loss to immersion

Most of LS1 was dire beyond words (the spectacular finale not including). They did what they could, but they are missable if you want decent story context. They are there to be played though. They don't improve the linear story experience is all if you are trying to bridge PS with LS2

My average time for Forged Steel is around 30-35 minutes. This was across the ~200 runs I did to get the shards for the armor. It relies entirely on everyone else being capable of understanding to use the tank to break the CC bar. If they don’t, it’ll take much longer. If a group breaks the bar every time, and has sufficient DPS, you can do it in less than 30 min.

> Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

The instances are pulled out of the context of their story arcs so they won’t make much sense to someone that doesn’t know the story ahead of time.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> My average time for Forged Steel is around 30-35 minutes. This was across the ~200 runs I did to get the shards for the armor. It relies entirely on everyone else being capable of understanding to use the tank to break the CC bar. If they don’t, it’ll take much longer. If a group breaks the bar every time, and has sufficient DPS, you can do it in less than 30 min.

>

> > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

>

> The instances are pulled out of the context of their story arcs so they won’t make much sense to someone that doesn’t know the story ahead of time.

So would you say it's worth it to even play them at all, and if I do, I have to do the instance Darkrime Delves right?

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > My average time for Forged Steel is around 30-35 minutes. This was across the ~200 runs I did to get the shards for the armor. It relies entirely on everyone else being capable of understanding to use the tank to break the CC bar. If they don’t, it’ll take much longer. If a group breaks the bar every time, and has sufficient DPS, you can do it in less than 30 min.

> >

> > > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

> >

> > The instances are pulled out of the context of their story arcs so they won’t make much sense to someone that doesn’t know the story ahead of time.

>

> So would you say it's worth it to even play them at all, and if I do, I have to do the instance Darkrime Delves right?

>

It's difficult for me to say as what I may find to be "worth it" you may not feel the same way. In the end, it's content. I personally just did it for the achievements.

Yes, you have to complete Darkrime Delves.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > My average time for Forged Steel is around 30-35 minutes. This was across the ~200 runs I did to get the shards for the armor. It relies entirely on everyone else being capable of understanding to use the tank to break the CC bar. If they don’t, it’ll take much longer. If a group breaks the bar every time, and has sufficient DPS, you can do it in less than 30 min.

> > >

> > > > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > > Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

> > >

> > > The instances are pulled out of the context of their story arcs so they won’t make much sense to someone that doesn’t know the story ahead of time.

> >

> > So would you say it's worth it to even play them at all, and if I do, I have to do the instance Darkrime Delves right?

> >

>

> It's difficult for me to say as what I may find to be "worth it" you may not feel the same way. In the end, it's content. I personally just did it for the achievements.

>

> Yes, you have to complete Darkrime Delves.

I guess would it be worth it to play more for story content or for loot purposes?

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > My average time for Forged Steel is around 30-35 minutes. This was across the ~200 runs I did to get the shards for the armor. It relies entirely on everyone else being capable of understanding to use the tank to break the CC bar. If they don’t, it’ll take much longer. If a group breaks the bar every time, and has sufficient DPS, you can do it in less than 30 min.

> > > >

> > > > > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > > > Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

> > > >

> > > > The instances are pulled out of the context of their story arcs so they won’t make much sense to someone that doesn’t know the story ahead of time.

> > >

> > > So would you say it's worth it to even play them at all, and if I do, I have to do the instance Darkrime Delves right?

> > >

> >

> > It's difficult for me to say as what I may find to be "worth it" you may not feel the same way. In the end, it's content. I personally just did it for the achievements.

> >

> > Yes, you have to complete Darkrime Delves.

>

> I guess would it be worth it to play more for story content or for loot purposes?

Definitely not worth it for loot

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > My average time for Forged Steel is around 30-35 minutes. This was across the ~200 runs I did to get the shards for the armor. It relies entirely on everyone else being capable of understanding to use the tank to break the CC bar. If they don’t, it’ll take much longer. If a group breaks the bar every time, and has sufficient DPS, you can do it in less than 30 min.

> > > >

> > > > > @"ChampionMasquerade.5283" said:

> > > > > Got it, and one last thing, would you consider the instances particularly important parts of Chapter 1? (Also I'd most likely be doing Steel and Fire solo if that brings up any issues.)

> > > >

> > > > The instances are pulled out of the context of their story arcs so they won’t make much sense to someone that doesn’t know the story ahead of time.

> > >

> > > So would you say it's worth it to even play them at all, and if I do, I have to do the instance Darkrime Delves right?

> > >

> >

> > It's difficult for me to say as what I may find to be "worth it" you may not feel the same way. In the end, it's content. I personally just did it for the achievements.

> >

> > Yes, you have to complete Darkrime Delves.

>

> I guess would it be worth it to play more for story content or for loot purposes?

You can find a list of the rewards for each 'mission' here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Visions_of_the_Past:_Steel_and_Fire#Season_One_missions