Whats wrong with mirage bots?

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > What? I haven’t seen any? Are they condi staff troll builds? I rarely ever see any mirages anymore. Usually core if anything

> > >

> > > You must be in silver and below to see op bots i guess

> >

> > gold is FULL of mirage bots...

>

> :scream: if bots can get into gold the skill lvl there also from players must be horrible low, even lower than i would have expected

I got into plat 1and ohh boy i suck at pvp.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > > > > What? I haven’t seen any? Are they condi staff troll builds? I rarely ever see any mirages anymore. Usually core if anything

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You must be in silver and below to see op bots i guess

> > > > >

> > > > > gold is FULL of mirage bots...

> > > >

> > > > :scream: if bots can get into gold the skill lvl there also from players must be horrible low, even lower than i would have expected

> > > >

> > > > > @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> > > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > > Time to delete the second dodge ma man!

> > > > >

> > > > > Or add an extra dodge to everyone else so they can get past clones and ranger birds ?

> > > >

> > > > At least Daredevil needs a 4. dodge, they rly need a lot of dodges to make their mechanics work well, oh wait...

> > >

> > > 4 dodges to make up for the downgrade on swipe!

> > > /s

> >

> > In particular because unblockable is such an useless feature on a range instant teleport skill directly to the target doesn't need los. That i learned from @"UNOwen.7132"

>

> Unblockable on swipe almost never matters, yes. If you want to interrupt blocks that desperately, just use choking gas. Otherwise youre still better off saving swipe for interrupting actually important skills, or increasing damage.

thats why other thiefs do fine and dandy and you had to reroll

> @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > > > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > > What? I haven’t seen any? Are they condi staff troll builds? I rarely ever see any mirages anymore. Usually core if anything

> > > >

> > > > You must be in silver and below to see op bots i guess

> > >

> > > gold is FULL of mirage bots...

> >

> > :scream: if bots can get into gold the skill lvl there also from players must be horrible low, even lower than i would have expected

> >

> > > @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> > > > Time to delete the second dodge ma man!

> > >

> > > Or add an extra dodge to everyone else so they can get past clones and ranger birds ?

> >

> > At least Daredevil needs a 4. dodge, they rly need a lot of dodges to make their mechanics work well, oh wait...

>

> look, just played a game with 3 mirages on it. 3 bots...

>

> and you said, "skilllevel", gw2 is not about skill, just take a look and think your own words, if gold is plenty of bots is a fact that you don't need to think, just use the most broken/easy/cheesy build, and spam it.

> mirage bots are usually better than players, for real, is because BOT is a MACRO, and that macro is the only thing condi-mirage needs to get kills. So, anet could easily solve this by modifying how some classes work, or at least, ban already reported bots.

thank you on behalf of every single mirage in existance that pushed past gold, for saying we have better macro skills than automated programs.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > > @"judgebeo.3976" said:

> > > > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > > > > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > > > > > > > What? I haven’t seen any? Are they condi staff troll builds? I rarely ever see any mirages anymore. Usually core if anything

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You must be in silver and below to see op bots i guess

> > > > > >

> > > > > > gold is FULL of mirage bots...

> > > > >

> > > > > :scream: if bots can get into gold the skill lvl there also from players must be horrible low, even lower than i would have expected

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Starbreaker.6507" said:

> > > > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > > > Time to delete the second dodge ma man!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or add an extra dodge to everyone else so they can get past clones and ranger birds ?

> > > > >

> > > > > At least Daredevil needs a 4. dodge, they rly need a lot of dodges to make their mechanics work well, oh wait...

> > > >

> > > > 4 dodges to make up for the downgrade on swipe!

> > > > /s

> > >

> > > In particular because unblockable is such an useless feature on a range instant teleport skill directly to the target doesn't need los. That i learned from @"UNOwen.7132"

> >

> > Unblockable on swipe almost never matters, yes. If you want to interrupt blocks that desperately, just use choking gas. Otherwise youre still better off saving swipe for interrupting actually important skills, or increasing damage.

>

> thats why other thiefs do fine and dandy and you had to reroll

The others thieves that "do fine" and, just as I said, do not use swipe on blocks and instead save it for important things? The ones that, on the offchance that they need to interrupt a block, just use choking gas as a good thief would? Besides, I didnt "have to reroll", I just didnt enjoy the playstyle of the class. Even if I still did well with it. For that matter I stopped playing thief regularly *before* swipe was created. I can appreciate the ballsyness of going for such wild accusations, but boy was it a swing and a miss. You couldnt be more wrong even if you actively tried.

Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

>

> However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

> >

> > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

>

> Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

Yeah I dunno.

If I were to try and make an efficient bot, I'd probably just roll Staff Daredevil and mod it to decap/hold and then leave fights if it was at even 50% resources, and then go to a new node to decap/hold do same thing again. Seems like that'd be more efficient of a bot than a Mirage that gets 1v1'd down on a side node.

But I have no idea how bot programs actually work, so I assume there must be a reason why it apparently works well with Mirage.

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

> > >

> > > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

> >

> > Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

>

> Yeah I dunno.

>

> If I were to try and make an efficient bot, I'd probably just roll Staff Daredevil and mod it to decap/hold and then leave fights if it was at even 50% resources, and then go to a new node to decap/hold do same thing again. Seems like that'd be more efficient of a bot than a Mirage that gets 1v1'd down on a side node.

>

> But I have no idea how bot programs actually work, so I assume there must be a reason why it apparently works well with Mirage.

>

my guess is that vault leaps could bug the bot alot, as far as I know mirage used to be OP or so everyone says.

would you make another bot program to have the bot play the new better class or just keep the shitty bot that makes you money anyways?

I personally have not seen a single bot this season, im mid plat 1 so im not high ranked at all, I have seen them plat 2 games last season, even played with the same bot 3 games in a row, but in general maybe 5% of my games had bots last seasons ( before big patch ) and now I havent seen a single one that im 100% sure of, only suspected 1 guy but he was propably just bad or tilted on autopilot.

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > >

> > > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

> >

> > Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

>

> Yeah I dunno.

>

> If I were to try and make an efficient bot, I'd probably just roll Staff Daredevil and mod it to decap/hold and then leave fights if it was at even 50% resources, and then go to a new node to decap/hold do same thing again. Seems like that'd be more efficient of a bot than a Mirage that gets 1v1'd down on a side node.

>

> But I have no idea how bot programs actually work, so I assume there must be a reason why it apparently works well with Mirage.

>

Yeah, I would think a minion necro or ranger would be a better bot. I’m assuming mirage has to do with clones and using abilities based on distance to the enemy player. Im assuming they’re running staff, so they probably take into account what abilities to use in terms of generating clones too. Enemy is within 10 yards, use staff 2. Not enough clones, use staff 3. Enemy is casting, use staff 5. With fail safes like f3 for interrupts. A dodge, some weapon defensive, distortion. I haven’t seen any so I don’t know what build they’re running but condi mirage is easier to counter than ever. I’m sure it’s irritating having them on your team knowing they can get farmed though.

I’ve seen a few bunker ish builds that seemed to stand up well and be near unkillable but they did very little damage, so they might have just been inspiration chaos builds or something.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

> >

> > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

>

> Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

bots uses the class that can stay alive/perform better spaming a closed rotation without having to take in consideration what people are doing around them (so many variables to take in consideration)

> @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > >

> >

>

> bots uses the class that can stay alive/perform better spaming a closed rotation without having to take in consideration what people are doing around them (so many variables to take in consideration)

Surely something like core bunker necro is better for that, no?

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

> > > >

> > > > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

> > >

> > > Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

> >

> > bots uses the class that can stay alive/perform better spaming a closed rotation without having to take in consideration what people are doing around them (so many variables to take in consideration)

>

> Surely something like core bunker necro is better for that, no?

Welp, after paying attention while fighting some of those bots, I'm pretty sure they are going Mirage because of Mantra Of Distraction "Instant cast interrupt use it whenever you want" and then the bot AI can pretty much instantly stop you from being able to use your Heal Utility nearly 100% of the time, unless you're wise enough to play around that or it eventually runs out of MOD ammo. And then of course they run a weird tanky Mirage build that just relies on IH ambush damage, which actually isn't so easy to avoid if you want to hold/take the node.

That is actually a fairly strong bot because that initial 2x interrupts in a row vs. heal utility is something that would surprise most people that they aren't used to dealing with even vs. top tier players. So they end up misjudging their sustain vs. the bot and end up dying to those heal utility interrupts. I can see why these bots are actually making it into gold 1 margins.

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

> > >

> > > bots uses the class that can stay alive/perform better spaming a closed rotation without having to take in consideration what people are doing around them (so many variables to take in consideration)

> >

> > Surely something like core bunker necro is better for that, no?

>

> Welp, after paying attention while fighting some of those bots, I'm pretty sure they are going Mirage because of Mantra Of Distraction "Instant cast interrupt use it whenever you want" and then the bot AI can pretty much instantly stop you from being able to use your Heal Utility nearly 100% of the time, unless you're wise enough to play around that or it eventually runs out of MOD ammo. And then of course they run a weird tanky Mirage build that just relies on IH ambush damage, which actually isn't so easy to avoid if you want to hold/take the node.

>

Ah. So it relies on interrupts interrupting otherwise nearly impossible to interrupt skills. That makes sense, I guess Mesmer is the only one with a skill like that.

> That is actually a fairly strong bot because that initial 2x interrupts in a row vs. heal utility is something that would surprise most people that they aren't used to dealing with even vs. top tier players. So they end up misjudging their sustain vs. the bot and end up dying to those heal utility interrupts. I can see why these bots are actually making it into gold 1 margins.

Still, thats wild, a bot built around the idea of interrupting what usually cant be interrupted. Wonder if theyre gonna give MoD a cast time now.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > @"megilandil.7506" said:

> > > > > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > > Honestly I don't think I've seen a single bot in NA this season.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > However, when I was ALTing on EU the other day, like every other game I was in had a Mirage Bot in it. And I'm not just calling bad players bots here. These Mirage Bots were definitely actually real bots, and for whatever reason they were all over the place EU.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah Ive seen more of those than I have actual mesmers (or thieves, for that matter. Seriously where are all the thief players?). The part I dont get is, why Mirage? Surely Guardian would be easier to bot. Or Necro.

> > > >

> > > > bots uses the class that can stay alive/perform better spaming a closed rotation without having to take in consideration what people are doing around them (so many variables to take in consideration)

> > >

> > > Surely something like core bunker necro is better for that, no?

> >

> > Welp, after paying attention while fighting some of those bots, I'm pretty sure they are going Mirage because of Mantra Of Distraction "Instant cast interrupt use it whenever you want" and then the bot AI can pretty much instantly stop you from being able to use your Heal Utility nearly 100% of the time, unless you're wise enough to play around that or it eventually runs out of MOD ammo. And then of course they run a weird tanky Mirage build that just relies on IH ambush damage, which actually isn't so easy to avoid if you want to hold/take the node.

> >

>

> Ah. So it relies on interrupts interrupting otherwise nearly impossible to interrupt skills. That makes sense, I guess Mesmer is the only one with a skill like that.

>

> > That is actually a fairly strong bot because that initial 2x interrupts in a row vs. heal utility is something that would surprise most people that they aren't used to dealing with even vs. top tier players. So they end up misjudging their sustain vs. the bot and end up dying to those heal utility interrupts. I can see why these bots are actually making it into gold 1 margins.

>

> Still, thats wild, a bot built around the idea of interrupting what usually cant be interrupted. Wonder if theyre gonna give MoD a cast time now.

They'll remove an endurance bar.