Season 4 map currency help?

Kinda just blew through the story of the zones to reach the start of the skyscale quest beggining. And apparently I need a ton of each maps special currency. About 250 of each. I have about 30-40 of each and wondering what the best way of getting them in a reasonable amount of time would be.

Guessing its just run events in each zone until I reach the 250 mark for each. I don't need to hit this number in one day, i'm fine with grinding it out over a few days or a week. Gold and volatile magic I have tons of, so its just the special map specific currency.

1. Farm Eternal Ice on the Bjora map via the mining nodes and Chests.... hit the vendors and convert the Ice into S4 Currency. A single run just opening chests can get you about 40-50 S4 currencies in about 20 mins depending on your efficiency just opening the chests.

2. Fraenir and Voice&Claw Strike missions will get you enough Ice for 20 S4 map curencies.

3. Go to Dragonfall and hit the VM Vendor and convert Volatile Magic into S4 Currencies. You can get 5 of each per day.

4. For Mistborn Motes the best choice is the Dragonfall Meta/Champ train

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> 1. Farm Eternal Ice on the Bjora map via the mining nodes and Chests.... hit the vendors and convert the Ice into S4 Currency. A single run just opening chests can get you about 40-50 S4 currencies in about 20 mins depending on your efficiency just opening the chests.

Sounds like something i'll try.

Which icebrood saga chapter is that in? I've been grabbing the free ones being rerun this past week, but the final free one isn't for another few days. And how repeatable is this method? Is it a once per day, per character thing. Or do the chests respawn?

> @"Linthenius.3704" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > 1. Farm Eternal Ice on the Bjora map via the mining nodes and Chests.... hit the vendors and convert the Ice into S4 Currency. A single run just opening chests can get you about 40-50 S4 currencies in about 20 mins depending on your efficiency just opening the chests.

>

> Sounds like something i'll try.

>

> Which icebrood saga chapter is that in? I've been grabbing the free ones being rerun this past week, but the final free one isn't for another few days. And how repeatable is this method? Is it a once per day, per character thing. Or do the chests respawn?

The chests are once per day per account resetting at daily reset(8pm eastern).

You need Icebrood Saga Ep 1 and 2 to do it effectively. Having only ep1 would cut down the amount drastically. You also need to have the Essence Masteries maxed to get the most out of the run.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Linthenius.3704" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > 1. Farm Eternal Ice on the Bjora map via the mining nodes and Chests.... hit the vendors and convert the Ice into S4 Currency. A single run just opening chests can get you about 40-50 S4 currencies in about 20 mins depending on your efficiency just opening the chests.

> >

> > Sounds like something i'll try.

> >

> > Which icebrood saga chapter is that in? I've been grabbing the free ones being rerun this past week, but the final free one isn't for another few days. And how repeatable is this method? Is it a once per day, per character thing. Or do the chests respawn?

>

> The chests are once per day per account resetting at daily reset(8pm eastern).

> You need Icebrood Saga Ep 1 and 2 to do it effectively. Having only ep1 would cut down the amount drastically. You also need to have the Essence Masteries maxed to get the most out of the run.

In that case, i'll probably just stick to farming each zone and the volatile magic purchases. Don't have episode 2 yet since it hasn't had its free rerun yet. Not for another few days atleast.

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"Linthenius.3704" said:

> > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > 1. Farm Eternal Ice on the Bjora map via the mining nodes and Chests.... hit the vendors and convert the Ice into S4 Currency. A single run just opening chests can get you about 40-50 S4 currencies in about 20 mins depending on your efficiency just opening the chests.

> > >

> > > Sounds like something i'll try.

> > >

> > > Which icebrood saga chapter is that in? I've been grabbing the free ones being rerun this past week, but the final free one isn't for another few days. And how repeatable is this method? Is it a once per day, per character thing. Or do the chests respawn?

> >

> > The chests are once per day per account resetting at daily reset(8pm eastern).

> > You need Icebrood Saga Ep 1 and 2 to do it effectively. Having only ep1 would cut down the amount drastically. You also need to have the Essence Masteries maxed to get the most out of the run.

>

> In that case, i'll probably just stick to farming each zone and the volatile magic purchases. Don't have episode 2 yet since it hasn't had its free rerun yet. Not for another few days atleast.

You should still be able to do the two Strike missions for a quick 20. Takes ten minutes.

Just go to each map. Map chat "can someone hang out at a way point while i teleport my other toons to the map?" (I always had multiple ppl offer help). party up with that person, log out and then back in with another character, and Teleport-to-a-friend. I did it to get 4 toons to each map but more will be faster. From there do, all the hearts in each map with each character each day. All of the hearts are super easy, fast, and grant map currencies. If you see any nodes, of course gather too.

For trade contracts, teleport all those toons to the waypoint nearest the Tomb of the Primeval Kings. Run over to it and loot the 5 chests with each character each day.

For mistborn motes, since there are no hearts on Dragonfall, do the map meta a few times. You will want about 25ish keys gotten by doing events there, which are really fast, for the last half of the Meta. Also gather from nodes all over the map.

And now i'm running into a completely different issue with this farming. Maintaining the karma levels to actually buy the currencies each day.

Have 3 seperate characters able to run the hearts in each of the zones so I can buy about 15 per heart vendor to speed up the grind. And in just 3 days of doing this I blew through the 100k stock I had of it.

So is there a way to get this stuff really fast so I can continue to buy these currencies? Outside of karmic retribution buffs, don't have enough volatile magic to upgrade any maps past level 1 since I need this for the skyscale saddle materials.

So far have Istan and dragonfall all finished for this step, which is good since dragonfall was the most expensive to buy each day, costing around 10k per day.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Gather the materials from the nodes, instead?

> Use the other vendors? Example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kralkatite_Ore#Sold_by

Problem with the nodes is that is painfully slow and inconsistant. Since they seem to not even have a 100% drop on each node. A full run of sandswept isles today only got me about 20. Over half the nodes didn't even have the currency in them. And combined with constantly being interupted by enemy encounters getting in the way, it seems rather inefficient.

Eternal ice is also pretty slow for me at the moment because I don't have full access to the zone. Still missing alot of the masteries, and it looks like half of the map is inaccesable until I get chapter 2.

It just seems far more efficient to do the daily hearts on each character, and while waiting for them to reset farm up a ton of karma so I can afford the currencies each day that way.

For upkeep with the karma (and to have a plenty when you aim for legendaries one day) get yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Retribution

Especially on the LWS4 maps with plenty of mobs to kill (Sandswept Isles, Jahai Bluffs). I racked up 4mln karma in less than 2 months. Also - there are guilds that run trains to farm karma & volatile magic on the LWS4 maps - there is one every 6 hours - just keep an eye on LFG. One starts 45min after reset in THP.

> @"syllie.7981" said:

> For upkeep with the karma (and to have a plenty when you aim for legendaries one day) get yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Retribution

> Especially on the LWS4 maps with plenty of mobs to kill (Sandswept Isles, Jahai Bluffs). I racked up 4mln karma in less than 2 months. Also - there are guilds that run trains to farm karma & volatile magic on the LWS4 maps - there is one every 6 hours - just keep an eye on LFG. One starts 45min after reset in THP.

For karmic retribution, all I can really afford is tier 1 on a single map, since I need to save some of that volatile magic so I can buy the saddle parts once I get the map currencies. Can't really afford getting it up to tier 3 anywhere.

> > @"syllie.7981" said:

> > For upkeep with the karma (and to have a plenty when you aim for legendaries one day) get yourself https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karmic_Retribution

> > Especially on the LWS4 maps with plenty of mobs to kill (Sandswept Isles, Jahai Bluffs). I racked up 4mln karma in less than 2 months. Also - there are guilds that run trains to farm karma & volatile magic on the LWS4 maps - there is one every 6 hours - just keep an eye on LFG. One starts 45min after reset in THP.

>

> For karmic retribution, all I can really afford is tier 1 on a single map, since I need to save some of that volatile magic so I can buy the saddle parts once I get the map currencies. Can't really afford getting it up to tier 3 anywhere.

**To OP:**

You can borrow Skyscale in Dragonfall and that way farm VM. Each VM reset your flightbar (the green one), so you increase your elevation more to next level for those motes that are higher up. It is also possible to farm VM with Jackal if there are a couple VM in a line or use Springer (on Sandswept Island there is a couple you can reach by jumping with High Vault). Do it a couple of times and you should have gained VM rather fast. There is line of VM around close where you meet Gorrik and the west coast side up. Invest in Karma retribution in Dragonfall as it here you can easy farm both VM over time, get Gold from mats and accumulate map token from Dragonfall. Don't forget that every mount can be borrowed when first have unlocked that achievement (which work as guide for unlocking mount) on each map where you first find mount. With Springer, Skimmer (to avoid take damage from standing on ground in some places) and Jackal you can get around pretty fast even during these events. Raptor is also useful, but I didn't use that mount that much after I got Jackal.

Upgrade Mastery for each mount to max rank including Crystal Champion Mastery Track. The last one will help a lot to get places where you would have hard to reach on other mounts until you get full access to Skyscale on other maps (finishing this mounts unlock). Sandswept Island and Dragonfall is the two places that I farmed everyday. Don't forget buy Tome (only need one Tome for each character) and Scrolls that will be put into Tome. All can be bought at VM vendor that is in each map. That way you can fast go between those places (and with Shared Slot you can change character or use Bank/craftstation as you get access to Bank from Craftstation.

Here is all Mastery for mounts: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Path_of_Fire_mastery_tracks

I focused on getting Skyscale, so Griffon where the last one I unlocked after I had Skyscale. It helps to get there with Springer, Skimmer and Skyscale. Mind you that Skyscale need to rest in between on surface (taking damage from Fury of the Brand), so it is still useful have those other mounts when you need to get higher up (Springer - keep jumping and you will take less damage). Skyscale can stand still in air if you have enough flight bar or it will loose hight and charge up if from transforming your energy bar into flight bar by pressing to a wall (Crystal Chamption MT). It means that you can get up higher by combining those tools and don't need to find a shelf as often to sit on or land on if you do it right. I had plenty of mastery points when I got that far, so pick up all mastery insights while exploring maps (that isn't locked behind special mount to be accessed like Beetle or Jackal portals. Even those high up in can be accessed with high vault on Springer and some clever combo of mounts and skills. Unmount and remount if you take too much (HP going down on mount) to reset that HP, don't wait to long that you get forced off mount and don't use your bound to mount to heal mount (if possible) as you will be dead if your mount loose that HP too. It is safer to unmount and make sure to be out of combat and remount (there is a cooldown in between).

In Lion's Arch there is now a vendor that sell special gathering tools for Karma. Use this vendor to buy faster gathering tools, so you don't need to wait too long to complete gathering while you in a farm train.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barre_Scorchmane

(Don't buy gathering tools to farm VM as you will have access to farm VM from borrowing Skyscale and you will probably get more out of having a faster gathering tool when you are following a meta train (to not get lost where meta train is going)).

Industrious and reaper are what I use most as gathering tool. Reaper farm all nodes of some type in one go, so you don't need to go to each and one. Nodes need to be close enough, so in some cases you need to find a position to collect most at one go and pick the rest that isn't range. There is a lot of plants that can be farmed fast this way in Sandswept close at WP. There are other gathering nodes all over in Tyria and HoT (LW) that is close enough to use other type of Gathering tools for farming wood or ore (there is some iron nodes in Thunderhead Peak on the mountain side).

Use your Hero Panel and click on gathering tool you want to change or see how many you have left, there you will fast see how many you have of that Gathering tool type instead of using Inventory and equip it. You need to be out of combat for this to work.

Here is all relevant vendors: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_Merchant

PS: If you haven't Mastery in Gliding I would recommend to get this up to max rank from HoT. It have very good tools to combine with Griffon and Skyscale. You can summon both when you are in air with gliding and even change between Griffon to Skyscale in mid air (if you are high up in air). HoT mastery offer some tools that are useful even in PoF (LW) maps. But Gliding is the base here for getting around with flying mounts.

> I've seen those volatile magic lines in dragonfall, guess I could grab some of those. Quick question though, do they respawn? Or is it just a once a day thing?

The volatile magic orbs will always respawn, but after a certain number (not sure how many) the orbs will be a dull red. They're still useable for the skyscale recharge, but won't award VM anymore.

> I've seen those volatile magic lines in dragonfall, guess I could grab some of those. Quick question though, do they respawn? Or is it just a once a day thing?

The main map event is to defeat Kralkatorrik: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Engage_Kralkatorrik

After this there will be three bonus events (can read more from the link above and see the complete event chain, both pre-event and after event). Even if you aren't fighting those bosses there will be chests that you can farm (if you are too late to participate in fighting some of those bosses). Just make sure you aren't taking too much time to get there as they will have a short time before they will be gone. Look at main map to see chests you haven't interacted with yet. (Tip: turn off player names in Option as during this event it can be hard to see anything with all name tags. If you are in a squad this setting will have no impact as then you will still see name and healtbar for all in squad. On the other side you can easy follow your squad as blue dot on map.)

Then there is a some time until map explodes (kick player back to the starting WP where everything start again) and reset. As for those VM motes, they respwan after some time, but I don't know how fast. There is enough of those VM if you go to all over the map (look at where there is Skyscale on map and use them to farm VM), in particular around Crystal Wing (east part of map), so you don't need to wait for it to reset. It is possible to farm VM with only Springer and Gliding, so don't stress if you need to land and pick up something and that way loose Skyscale. During main event when you are supposed to fight Kralkatorrik there is also a massive amount of VM above his body, so there is no need to wait for VM to respawn when you do event and take those VM at the same time during different stages of meta event.

As for VM turning red. I believe it is a mix up as when I got to the stage where you do achievement for collecting those motes: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ruler_of_the_Skies

You will have to unlock Mastery for closing Rifts and then you hover at Rift to close it. It will trigger a line of VM (there is small line between each so you can see which belong to that Rift). Follow its line to the end (which give achievement and reward at end) and second time you interact with Rift it will again form a line of motes, but this time it is only red/purple (not white) and do not give any reward at the end of Rift.

You unlock Rule of the Skies after you have unlocked Skyscale, so it can not be done before this mount is complete as an achievement. You also need Rift repair: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rift_Repair

Don't forget to only move map token into your Material Storage: don't consume those as then it turns into VM.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volatile_Magic

Also do every repeatable Hearts to unlock vendor and buy map token from each of those (once a day). Don't forget to buy keys to be able to unlock chests that are around on maps from vendors.

Well the problem with using the skyscale rifts to farm volatile magic kinda loops back into the original problem. I need that to buy karmic retribution, to use to supply buying the currency, all to get the skyscale fully unlocked. Can't learn any of its masteries until then.

> @"ShadowCatz.8437" said:

> As for VM turning red. I believe it is a mix up as when I got to the stage where you do achievement for collecting those motes: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ruler_of_the_Skies

It's not a mix up, eventually all orbs in the zone, not just the rift ones, turn dull. Happened to me several times. I just checked the wiki and it has the number of orbs that give VM at 250.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> A far superior map to farm VM lines in is thunderhead peaks. Theres a lot of them all over.

I know about the skimmer line by the dredge waypoint. And the random bits inside the fortress that look like they need the skyscale for (which isn't an option since thats why i'm trying to gather all these currencies).

So i'm wondering, is there a map or something that shows the start points of all these trails?

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > A far superior map to farm VM lines in is thunderhead peaks. Theres a lot of them all over.

>

> I know about the skimmer line by the dredge waypoint. And the random bits inside the fortress that look like they need the skyscale for (which isn't an option since thats why i'm trying to gather all these currencies).

>

> So i'm wondering, is there a map or something that shows the start points of all these trails?

Check above Jahai. There is an account daily cap on these as well.

One final question, not really directly related to any of this currency. But one of the saddle pieces says "Sold by someone somewhere in the desert" does this just mean a vendor who changes location every day? Or some kind of hidden vendor in some obscure corner of one of the maps?