About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > But we did loose progress now... We didn't log in because we knew we'd loose progress and now we actually lost progress (a Mount License) because we didn't want to loose progress. We would've made progress during that time if we hadn't known about the issue - so we still lost progress - missed opportunities are lost progress as well.

> >

> > They should've just sent out the Mount License to everyone and the Bonfire to those that logged in, that sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

>

> Actually, you merely lost the opportunity for progress, not actual progress.

I did loose actual progress as well though since I lost time that I would have otherwise spent playing the game, except now those who were acting reckless get rewarded and I'm sitting here with nothing but time lost to cautiosness watching the reckless ones with their pretty mounts.

Again, the fairest move would've been to just give everyone the free mount license and the communal bonfire to the reckless ones.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > > But we did loose progress now... We didn't log in because we knew we'd loose progress and now we actually lost progress (a Mount License) because we didn't want to loose progress. We would've made progress during that time if we hadn't known about the issue - so we still lost progress - missed opportunities are lost progress as well.

> > >

> > > They should've just sent out the Mount License to everyone and the Bonfire to those that logged in, that sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

> >

> > Actually, you merely lost the opportunity for progress, not actual progress.

>

> I did loose actual progress as well though since I lost time that I would have otherwise spent playing the game, except now those who were acting reckless get rewarded and I'm sitting here with nothing but time lost to cautiosness watching the reckless ones with their pretty mounts.

> Again, the fairest move would've been to just give everyone the free mount license and the communal bonfire to the reckless ones.

No you did not lose actual progress. As you wrote “would”

I would be millionaire if I played Lotto.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

True, it would be hard to know who did lose "enough" progress to get the better reward. But the other solution would be to send the reward, sorry "compensation", to all the players that played the game during the rollback period, so the entire weekend. Anyone that logged during the weekend -and lost their progress even momentarily- should get the same "compensation" as those that logged for a split second, went afk and then logged out.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

>

> True, it would be hard to know who did lose "enough" progress to get the better reward. But the other solution would be to send the reward, sorry "compensation", to all the players that played the game during the rollback period, so the entire weekend. Anyone that logged during the weekend -and lost their progress even momentarily- should get the same "compensation" as those that logged for a split second, went afk and then logged out.

It is another solution indeed. And they might end up doing it after all this. I'd gladly accept it.

I just don't think we're entitled to it, or that they owe us anything, just because they gave compensation to others.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > > And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.

> > > > And people who duped items.

> > > > I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

> > >

> > > This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

> >

> > Then, they give out the same thing to everyone who was affected.

> > Its incredible how much people rationalize a bad decision from Arena Net, which just gives them encouragement to be how they are. I mean Arena Net in 2012 was a shinning example of customer relations, nowadays it's barely a few steps above EA.

> >

> > And you, of course, being too busy white knighting the hell out of the company, fail to see the bigger picture. Not only is the "reward" useless to players who purchased only HoT or the core game (maybe another subtle "gib money" from Anet). But also its just another reminder of their poor track record with these events.

> >

> > All this a couple weeks after announcing the next expansion. They should be building up credit and want for people to get the next expansion, since PoF was a very lukewarm release. And instead of that, they do something that is in poor judgement in the best of times.

>

> I have no interest of white knighting anet. I'm just against entitled children that just can't accept that other people got a gift and they didnt. That is all.

> They gave the compensation to everyone who could have lost progress by being online at a time that was later deleted. We didn't log in, so we didn't lose any progress, for sure.

No, i just lost the ability to finish my SAB achievements and earn 3 days worth of dailies, which can surely be more than the gold award. And honestly i couldn't care less about getting stuff. What i care about is the knowledge that Arena Net still doesn't care, are still on their high horse, and out of touch with the community, and that nothing has changed since PoF, and putting money on their expansion is not advised. Because that's the message i got with this debacle.

Technical difficulties happen everywhere, how it's handled is the true testament. And Arena Net has unequivocally handled it poorly.

The items, i don't care a bit.

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > Anet couldn't restore beyond a certain point on Monday, a time window existed where progress for players was wiped and thus Anet compensated them for playing and losing their time

> > > > Also, they split the rest of the community along the most vapid of criteria: "Did you log on during a certain period? Great, you're a winner!" When is splitting the community ever a good idea? Might not be what they intended, but it is what they accomplished.

> > >

> > > If you were against splitting the community you wouldn't be in here all day about how you got the mount with only logging in for a short while. Your comments help to increase the split and upset the one's that assume most got the mount just for a quick log in they didn't do when most probably played for a while. The longer you played the higher the chance you would crash or get rolled back and I guess "deserve" the mount. If you didn't log in you couldn't lose anything so that was smart not knowing if everything would be restored. They should of just gave everyone on EU the 400 gem random mount skin and there would be less of a split but still I lost achieves gold stuff progress and got the same as someone who didn't log in crowd.

> > I don't think things would be any better if I hadn't posted. And it's a nonsensical statement that the split can be increased. It was complete before I said anything. The only thing we can now accomplish is making ANet see reason and fix it. And for that we need to voice our opinions.

> >

>

> Of course it can be increased. Someone might not be upset then see 8 times you say I got it for 3 minutes and go wait all I had to do is log in/out and get the mount and then be upset

The split I'm talking about is that some people got a skin for no good reason, and others didn't. That was pretty clear from my post I think. People's individual reactions don't change a thing about that.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> They gave the compensation to everyone who could have lost progress by being online at a time that was later deleted. We didn't log in, so we didn't lose any progress, for sure.

they didn't lose anything, they had the fun they bought this game for. anyone who refused to log in to help actually lost something, those people lost the possible fun.

>@"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> I did loose actual progress as well though since I lost time that I would have otherwise spent playing the game, except now those who were acting reckless get rewarded and I'm sitting here with nothing but time lost to cautiosness watching the reckless ones with their pretty mounts.

> Again, the fairest move would've been to just give everyone the free mount license and the communal bonfire to the reckless ones.

There was 0 information in the game client about this problem, and I also logged in without any idea at all that there had been a rollback.

Logging into the game as you'd normally expect can hardly be called reckless.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"TheDudeWhoRules.3150" said:

> > I logged in during this but didn't get anything?

> > I played during the weekends, on monday the server was down for the entire day and how come i didn't get anything? :/

>

> Because the server wasn't down all the time on Monday. During the early part of Monday, players weren't really sure what was happening and rollback reports started coming in. Unfortunately whilst this was being discovered in game, players were playing the game not knowing what was happening and making progress.

>

> Eventually it hit the forums, reddit and map chat that a rollback had occurred, but no one knew what was going to happen as Anet weren't communicating and players were sending out mixed messages about what may or may not happen heightening the confusion. Eventually Anet pulled the servers later in the day. Because a day later Anet restored the whole weekend, but couldn't restore beyond a certain point on Monday, a time window existed where progress for players was wiped and thus Anet compensated them for playing and losing their time

>

> Compensation packages haven't fully gone out yet and are still going through the system in what is a very large scale mail out. This will include the communal bonfire for everyone who was played in last 30 days as well as the compensation for those in that window who played the game and their time wiped.

Ooh, thank you man

I guess it's a matter of time then. What's the communal bonfire?? like a buff?

> @"WorldofBay.8160" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > They gave the compensation to everyone who could have lost progress by being online at a time that was later deleted. We didn't log in, so we didn't lose any progress, for sure.

>

> they didn't lose anything, they had the fun they bought this game for. anyone who refused to log in to help actually lost something, those people lost the possible fun.

You keep on seeing it as punishment or reward. It's not. It's compensation to people who DID lose progress. They had to include everyone online also because they can't know for sure who got actual progress and who didn't. But they know that people who weren't online, didn't lose progress.

A lot of the complaints are not about the reward itself but the way it's distributed.

By Rewarding only the players who stayed logged in while there's blatant server issues they've sent a message that for the future when a server issue happens again that everyone should jump on it to not miss out again. That's bad.

Realistically it should've been everyone who played during the rollback period to receive the mount or to make everyone happy a smaller reward for all of EU like a booster or something.

> @"Sigerk.2897" said:

> I came back after more than a year, maybe 2 even since I got 2 birthday thingies on some chars, I would have left if the rollback was definitive yes, since other things like disconnects were bugging me as well, but I can sort of tolerate those, coming from another game that has frequent eu server issues.

I sincerely hope more new and returning players stick around in spite of this. Er... welcome back! :D

> @"Solanum.6983" said:

> A lot of the complaints are not about the reward itself but the way it's distributed.

> By Rewarding only the players who stayed logged in while there's blatant server issues they've sent a message that for the future when a server issue happens again that everyone should jump on it to not miss out again. That's bad.

> Realistically it should've been everyone who played during the rollback period to receive the mount or to make everyone happy a smaller reward for all of EU like a booster or something.

If they give the item to all of eu, then na will also complain, since they didn't get it. And apparently people can't have others get something if they don't.

Posting it here again, I logged in after the accidental rollback, stayed for about an hour, semi-afk, didn't do anything really, and I did NOT get the mount skin. Some people say they logged in and out, got the skin. I don't know if I'm the only one that didn't get it, but did log in. But this tells me that maybe we don't have all the information. I'm not complaining by the way. I got my progress back, happy with just that. Just saying this to say that it might not be so simple as it seems.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.

> > > > And people who duped items.

> > > > I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

> > >

> > > This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

> >

> > So why are people then rewarded for just logging in basicly? Give everyone the same treatment, its one community, or give no1 anything. It's that simple.

> > And people who really have lost something valuable are going to write a support ticket anyway.

>

> They are not rewarded, they are compensated. That is a difference.

What was I compensated for?

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > A lot of the complaints are not about the reward itself but the way it's distributed.

> > By Rewarding only the players who stayed logged in while there's blatant server issues they've sent a message that for the future when a server issue happens again that everyone should jump on it to not miss out again. That's bad.

> > Realistically it should've been everyone who played during the rollback period to receive the mount or to make everyone happy a smaller reward for all of EU like a booster or something.

>

> If they give the item to all of eu, then na will also complain, since they didn't get it. And apparently people can't have others get something if they don't.

NA didn't have their servers disrupted, all of EU did.

Anyone feels like it should be mentioned that giving a bonfire was a great idea?

I mean, people just spamming consumables like that on bank NPCs is always super fun!

Did I mention i'll most likely do the same when I get mine? ah yes, because as we've read in the official post of GuildWars, the mails with compensation will be delayed to avoid overloading the servers! Owait... my bad, I never read that in an official post, or from any official source for that matter. because the same as the rest of the info we are receiving, most of it is just rumors or that one lone official post...

In the end, more than being annoyed about the crash of the server, the rollback, and the loss of progression for players who thought making legendary armors just after a server crash was a good idea, I am really annoyed about the response from Anet, the lack of a proper communication that explains what happened and more importantly what is going to happen from now on. It feels like both Anet and players are just trolling us at this point.

I wanna state one thing on top of this. Loads of players didn't connect on monday to avoid a potential overload of connections that might make fixing the problem even harder... Next time the server crashes like this, expect them all to connect to the server to be eligible for compensation! I'll be among them, just spamming the login button!!

And i'll expect at least a bonfire to put on NPCs!

> @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > > A lot of the complaints are not about the reward itself but the way it's distributed.

> > > By Rewarding only the players who stayed logged in while there's blatant server issues they've sent a message that for the future when a server issue happens again that everyone should jump on it to not miss out again. That's bad.

> > > Realistically it should've been everyone who played during the rollback period to receive the mount or to make everyone happy a smaller reward for all of EU like a booster or something.

> >

> > If they give the item to all of eu, then na will also complain, since they didn't get it. And apparently people can't have others get something if they don't.

>

> NA didn't have their servers disrupted, all of EU did.

Players who weren't online in EU didn't lose anything at all either and here they are asking for an equal opportunity compensation item.

> @"Luranni.9470" said:

> > @"Sigerk.2897" said:

>

> > I came back after more than a year, maybe 2 even since I got 2 birthday thingies on some chars, I would have left if the rollback was definitive yes, since other things like disconnects were bugging me as well, but I can sort of tolerate those, coming from another game that has frequent eu server issues.

>

> I sincerely hope more new and returning players stick around in spite of this. Er... welcome back! :D

>

>

>

Thank you! Well, its still my favourite mmo, I don't think I'll ever really abandon it. Just got my skyscale yesterday and having fun with it and the new LS content, as well as achievements etc. And the community here is mostly awesome :)

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > > > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > > > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > > > > And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.

> > > > > > And people who duped items.

> > > > > > I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

> > > > >

> > > > > This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

> > > >

> > > > So why are people then rewarded for just logging in basicly? Give everyone the same treatment, its one community, or give no1 anything. It's that simple.

> > > > And people who really have lost something valuable are going to write a support ticket anyway.

> > >

> > > They are not rewarded, they are compensated. That is a difference.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Oh hey, its you again. Compensated for what? Jumping to death in Lion's Arch? Staying in front of the Bank in Lions Arch? Killing Tequatl and getting 1-3g value? Farming some Ore/Wood/Plants worth a few copper? Oh you lost that, heres an Item worth 1200 Gems to compensate your insane loss.

>

> Why do you just join every thread and make up a bunch of fictional scenarios to match your agenda to justify that everyone should get the mount. The dupers will get caught and items removed and possible ban. Anet can't go individually look at 10,000s of accounts and go you get a mount. You get a mount. No mount for you sorry. The picked a time frame. Is it the best solution maybe not. Is the gap between the 2 rewards too big sure. But your way is the person who didn't log in and lost nothing gets the same mount as players who lost gold stuff progress and how is that fair too?

1. Not every Duper will get caught, if ArenaNet even care about them right now.

2. ANet cant go through 10.000 Accounts to justify who gets a mount, thats right, picking a timeframe is not right. It shouldnt be related to a timeframe, because if you do that, you punish people who actually wanted to help you by reducing the dataclutter otherwise happening by thousands of more individuals logging in. If you wanna compensate people, you compensate them all, since we all couldnt play that particular time, some lost the progress they made, some lost the time they kept free to play the game but they couldnt. And people who really lost valuable Items, as I said earlier, are going to write a ticket anyway, as they have been told from ArenaNet, so they not going to lose anything.

3. By punishing those people you sending out the signal: Next time just log-in and stay afk in town for free reward, which is wrong.

The Best thing they could have done is not giving any compensation, or give everyone the same compensation its simple.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > > > A lot of the complaints are not about the reward itself but the way it's distributed.

> > > > By Rewarding only the players who stayed logged in while there's blatant server issues they've sent a message that for the future when a server issue happens again that everyone should jump on it to not miss out again. That's bad.

> > > > Realistically it should've been everyone who played during the rollback period to receive the mount or to make everyone happy a smaller reward for all of EU like a booster or something.

> > >

> > > If they give the item to all of eu, then na will also complain, since they didn't get it. And apparently people can't have others get something if they don't.

> >

> > NA didn't have their servers disrupted, all of EU did.

>

> Players who weren't online in EU didn't lose anything at all either and here they are asking for an equal opportunity compensation item.

That's the thing though you can't tell who was going to log in or not, and you definitely shouldn't reward people for staying on a broken server. The best option would to have compensated Everyone with something small since everyone lost the day.