About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

> @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > >

> > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> >

> > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

>

> and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

this is how ppl with a healthy brain think, it's all or it is no one. but not some of them, some players defending anet so much. they can not do anything wrong in their eyes

they are so addicted. my parents always said that (example) if 1 kid deserved something you also have to give the other kid also something to let it be fair, even if they have no right for it. they think so, why he get something and i don't get. no we are mature but its just the idea. you dont have to choose between but everyone is the same and the same rights.

> @"senki.1046" said:

> > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > >

> > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > >

> > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> >

> > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

>

> wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

Is it fair because you got something and others didn't? i often see gamers like this, "its all me" and others nothing. gamers this days are mostly also greedy (not all)

If this was the very first case that a rollback was there, sure only ppl who had the problem should get the reward. BUT it is not, this is the first time ppl get something useful back for the problems. and so ppl who did not receive the license are upset. and its right.

sometimes I really wonder if people have the sense to understand things like injustice. or it's just their upbringing that their mindset is ruined. (i don't say ppl here are this but it is in general)

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> I also gotta add in that there are around 13 million subscriptions for GW2 roughly. That includes people who haven't logged in for 7 years, should they also be eligible for this compensation?

thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"titje.2745" said:

> thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> @"Lyrixx.9571" said:

> I'm in the same boat. No answer other than the first copy & paste they probably sent to all users reporting anything about the rollback. I am lucky enough to have accidentally screenshotted my wallet during the roll-back-phase where I canceled all my buy-listings for safety reasons (stupid me!). No answer leaves at least a chance that the next answer will be a little more personal and be written after looking into the matter on an individual level.

Screen shot was a good idea, something I will do at the beginning and end of every play session from now assuming there will be some. At least my ticket is still open and I'm confident ANet has data from all cancelled buy listings otherwise the Trading Post couldn't work so more patience is the game right now.

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

>

> Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > >

> > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > >

> > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > >

> > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> >

> > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

>

> Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

>

> I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> >

> > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

>

> > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

>

Out of curiosity, I am interested in understanding how any player knows the proportion of players who didn't lose any progress

> > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> >

> > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

>

> > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

>

finally you understand me, i did not even react anymore, i am sure i was clear. :)

> @"senki.1046" said:

> > @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > > >

> > > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > > >

> > > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > > >

> > > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> > >

> > > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

> >

> > Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

> >

> > I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

>

> well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

sure i am happy for the onces who obtained the gift. but the same time it should be for everyone. i think you are rich ingame or do have everything you want and don't care for the skin. fine that's your opinion. BUT if you don't care about a skin then keep it for youself. it's your vision or opinion, and there are others like me who don't like injustice so we fight (not real) for what we have right to. same for in real life, if someone lose 10 euro and he is millionaire he will probably say, its just money (a small amount, move on) others who are in need of money whould be happy to even have it as bonus. we are all different, and does not mean if YOU do not care about it that we who care about it have no rights for obtaining it. we are all gw2 gamers who support the company, and i think casuals more then rich players who buy everything with "gold" AND about its just pixels, why do you play gw2? instead of another game, its just pixels. yes they are pixels but not just pixels. the pixels are different everywhere and thats why you want this or the other. let us have what we want.

> @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> Nobody was rewarded though.

>

> Reward:

> a thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement.

> "the holiday was a reward for 40 years' service with the company"

>

You just defeated your own argument because of this: "*All EU server players who logged in to Guild Wars 2 during the affected period (between 9:40 a.m. UTC and 4:10 p.m. UTC) will receive a free Curious Creatures Mount Select License.*"

That was the exact and only condition for receiving a mount skin. The effort that was rewarded was the act of logging in. There is no mention at all of compensation.

> Compensation:

> something, typically money, awarded to someone in recognition of loss, suffering, or injury.

> "he is seeking compensation for injuries suffered at work"

This doesn't apply to many people who did receive a mount skin.

Your argument fails on both parts.

> @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > > >

> > > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > > >

> > > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > > >

> > > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> > >

> > > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

> >

> > Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

> >

> > I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

>

> well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

You seem to be confused about what the point is, I'm not triggered about others getting 15€ worth, good on them. The triggering comes from Aner decision to promote this action and ignoring the massi s issues involved.the separation was unnecessary and unadvisable, now they effectively promoted login in to unstable servers to fish out compensation instead of promoting a neutral approach to it, a better course of action would've been to give something small to everyone or nothing at all, or get a better filter for entitlement for compensation, without creating a precedent, what they created now is a "if servers are rolled back go login to claim your compensation", which isn't good, far from it, it can cause proper harm and make their lives harder in the case of another rollback in the future.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> > >

> > > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> > Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> >

> > > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> > What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> >

>

> Out of curiosity, I am interested in understanding how any player knows the proportion of players who didn't lose any progress

Part of what i was writing got lost in editing and it got simplified too much, i admit.

What i was going to say is that most players that received compensation didn't lose any _significant_ progress (probably the worth of dailies and daily logins at best, a few gold work of loss total). I don't see someone that logged in, looked around, and didn't do much more (and, let's be honest, most of people rewarded were almost certainly in that category) to be someone that "lost progress".

And as for people that lost so much that they deserved a 350+ gold worth of compensation... seriously, you don't think there were a lot of those? (and notice, that they would be still eligible for real compensations through support - something that is completely separate to mount reward).

Also, notice, how most of the people that logged in having no idea what's going on were casuals. People that wouldn't make a lot of progress in only few hours. Those that might be able to do much more, were mostly from the more informed group of players - those that knew what's going on (and thus, when playing, _knew and accepted they will lose that progress_).

I don't need to see specific statistics to know, that most of the people that got the licence weren't really compensated for loss, but simply rewarded for logging in instead.

> @"titje.2745" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> > >

> > > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> > Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> >

> > > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> > What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> >

>

> finally you understand me, i did not even react anymore, i am sure i was clear. :)

>

> > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > > > >

> > > > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> > > >

> > > > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

> > >

> > > Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

> > >

> > > I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

> >

> > well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

>

> sure i am happy for the onces who obtained the gift. but the same time it should be for everyone. i think you are rich ingame or do have everything you want and don't care for the skin. fine that's your opinion. BUT if you don't care about a skin then keep it for youself. it's your vision or opinion, and there are others like me who don't like injustice so we fight (not real) for what we have right to. same for in real life, if someone lose 10 euro and he is millionaire he will probably say, its just money (a small amount, move on) others who are in need of money whould be happy to even have it as bonus. we are all different, and does not mean if YOU do not care about it that we who care about it have no rights for obtaining it. we are all gw2 gamers who support the company, and i think casuals more then rich players who buy everything with "gold" AND about its just pixels, why do you play gw2? instead of another game, its just pixels. yes they are pixels but not just pixels. the pixels are different everywhere and thats why you want this or the other. let us have what we want.

It would be also injustice if everyone received the gift. Best is only those with lost progress get the gift, but it's too difficult to filter all out. that's why their decision is very reasonable.

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> > > >

> > > > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> > > Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> > >

> > > > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> > > What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> > >

> >

> > Out of curiosity, I am interested in understanding how any player knows the proportion of players who didn't lose any progress

> Part of what i was writing got lost in editing and it got simplified too much, i admit.

> What i was going to say is that most players that received compensation didn't lose any _significant_ progress (probably the worth of dailies and daily logins at best, a few gold work of loss total). I don't see someone that logged in, looked around, and didn't do much more (and, let's be honest, most of people rewarded were almost certainly in that category) to be someone that "lost progress".

> And as for people that lost so much that they deserved a 350+ gold worth of compensation... seriously, you don't think there were a lot of those? (and notice, that they would be still eligible for real compensations through support - something that is completely separate to mount reward).

> Also, notice, how most of the people that logged in having no idea what's going on were casuals. People that wouldn't make a lot of progress in only few hours. Those that might be able to do much more, were mostly from the more informed group of players - those that knew what's going on (and thus, when playing, _knew and accepted they will lose that progress_).

>

> I don't need to see specific statistics to know, that most of the people that got the licence weren't really compensated for loss, but simply rewarded for logging in instead.

>

The thing is, it comes down to what Anet values as progress. Doing dailies and achievements and then having wiped obviously to them is part of why they followed up with this to be clearer

_Our goal is that players never lose progress in GW2 and in this instance we didn’t live up to that standard. To those who lost progress we gifted the mount select license as a small way to help make that loss up to them._

They obviously valued player progress and felt bad about it being wiped, no matter how trivial

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I contacted support, but they don't seem willing to give me my Gold (nor restore the AP lost from the weekend, but that's a different story).

Just to give you some peace of mind, Customer Support do not have any control or influence over the time period that it is going to take to resolve this issue. It's the developers that need time to resolve the tech. issue on a larger scale which is going to take some deep seriously deep fault-finding analysis and multiple cups of coffee for them to get their heads around it all, and how they can figure out how to compensate us ( or in other words, can they trace for each and every player affected, exactly what they are owed: I don't even want to think about this, because 1000's of players have been affected by this technical fault). The dev's only relief on this matter is that they do not have to liaise with us directly: That's the job of Customer Support, but they can't fix the problem! lol :flushed:

> **Why again were we told to contact support on behalf of such issues when it's in vain?** :angry:

Hang tight mate, it's not in vain. We've done what we were asked, submit your Screen shots, log of transactions, much detail as you can. I too have lost a significant amount in the "TP fault fiasco", but I'm really not thinking anything along the lines of " CS don't seem willing to give me my gold": Like I said, it's not as easy as that: It's the Devs that have got to sort kitten out first and this is not going to be done like we have seen already in just a few days. Imo its going to take weeks to sort out the mess, and especially due to the sheer volume of players affected, 1000's of tickets sent / to process / to look at in detail. CS are just the customer liaison crew, and powerless to fault-find diagnostic faults. They've also got to make sure what we are claiming to be owed or lost, is exactly what we are claiming to have lost lol - Ofc there's going to be some Cowboys or Cowgirls that claim to have put up for sale those 10 x Chak infusions they had in bank and they have not received the gold either from selling them due to the glitch - it issues like this, and the same players sending 10 x tickets over the same issue, that will sloooooowwww down the all process for everyone. Fingers crossed everyone will get their deserved compensation, but this is going to take some serious time to resolve.

> @"senki.1046" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > >

>

> It would be also injustice if everyone received the gift. Best is only those with lost progress get the gift, but it's too difficult to filter all out. that's why their decision is very reasonable.

that is kind of not true, Because... there where made more errors previous years which did not gave anything useful in return for the problems made.

THIS time is the very first time that they gave something back thats "worth" something for the damage received (revive orbs and other things are just overpriced) (100 gems for 1 orb example doesn't count in my opinion) so everyone who plays for a few years whould be able to get this gift because they have not get anything from previouse years. (my opinion) and this time its something big what "some" ppl got. and it is unfair for many.

(this situation example) Off topic: AND one more thing. I am a person who only Like video's on youtube, and if i don't like the video I DON'T dislike.

I mean, what's the point of giving a dislike? it does not improve me. and I don't want to ruin someone's content.

I can also just press the button of "no interest" resolved.

so for our situation, it doesn't matter that you don't care about that mount. but why would you resist yourself. you don't want it so keep that to yourself, you don't get better if you make sure someone else gets his or her item or not. let someone have something nice, without stopping it.

> @"senki.1046" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> > > >

> > > > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> > > Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> > >

> > > > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> > > What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> > >

> >

> > finally you understand me, i did not even react anymore, i am sure i was clear. :)

> >

> > > > @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > > > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> > > > >

> > > > > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

> > > >

> > > > Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

> > > >

> > > > I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

> > >

> > > well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

> >

> > sure i am happy for the onces who obtained the gift. but the same time it should be for everyone. i think you are rich ingame or do have everything you want and don't care for the skin. fine that's your opinion. BUT if you don't care about a skin then keep it for youself. it's your vision or opinion, and there are others like me who don't like injustice so we fight (not real) for what we have right to. same for in real life, if someone lose 10 euro and he is millionaire he will probably say, its just money (a small amount, move on) others who are in need of money whould be happy to even have it as bonus. we are all different, and does not mean if YOU do not care about it that we who care about it have no rights for obtaining it. we are all gw2 gamers who support the company, and i think casuals more then rich players who buy everything with "gold" AND about its just pixels, why do you play gw2? instead of another game, its just pixels. yes they are pixels but not just pixels. the pixels are different everywhere and thats why you want this or the other. let us have what we want.

>

> It would be also injustice if everyone received the gift. Best is only those with lost progress get the gift, but it's too difficult to filter all out. that's why their decision is very reasonable.

No, that's why their decision is exactly unreasonable, making something unfair in the name of fairness doesn't make it fair. The % of people truly affected by the rollback was nearly null, and even then, nobody has explained to me why f2p players who lost progress are not entitled to a compensation.

Face it, Anet did a wrong decision, a unfair one, on top of which, they are now sending double the rewards to some accounts, and their response is to act like nothing is happening, typical Anet behaviour. The amazing part is, they created this mess themselves.

> @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> > > > >

> > > > > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> > > > Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> > > >

> > > > > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> > > > What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> > > >

> > >

> > > finally you understand me, i did not even react anymore, i am sure i was clear. :)

> > >

> > > > > @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> > > > > >

> > > > > > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

> > > > >

> > > > > I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

> > > >

> > > > well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

> > >

> > > sure i am happy for the onces who obtained the gift. but the same time it should be for everyone. i think you are rich ingame or do have everything you want and don't care for the skin. fine that's your opinion. BUT if you don't care about a skin then keep it for youself. it's your vision or opinion, and there are others like me who don't like injustice so we fight (not real) for what we have right to. same for in real life, if someone lose 10 euro and he is millionaire he will probably say, its just money (a small amount, move on) others who are in need of money whould be happy to even have it as bonus. we are all different, and does not mean if YOU do not care about it that we who care about it have no rights for obtaining it. we are all gw2 gamers who support the company, and i think casuals more then rich players who buy everything with "gold" AND about its just pixels, why do you play gw2? instead of another game, its just pixels. yes they are pixels but not just pixels. the pixels are different everywhere and thats why you want this or the other. let us have what we want.

> >

> > It would be also injustice if everyone received the gift. Best is only those with lost progress get the gift, but it's too difficult to filter all out. that's why their decision is very reasonable.

>

> No, that's why their decision is exactly unreasonable, making something unfair in the name of fairness doesn't make it fair. The % of people truly affected by the rollback was nearly null, and even then, nobody has explained to me why f2p players who lost progress are not entitled to a compensation.

>

> Face it, Anet did a wrong decision, a unfair one, on top of which, they are now sending double the rewards to some accounts, and their response is to act like nothing is happening, typical Anet behaviour. The amazing part is, they created this mess themselves.

No, I still believe anet did a great job. And if some people get double rewards, be happy for their luck. Devs can make mistakes, it's human. What I just read from most angry people is called "jealousy".

> @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"Tiilimon.6094" said:

> > > > > > > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > > > > > thats no problem, they will stay longer offline, AND if they log in and see they got a mount of choice, thats a win win for anet because if that players want to use their mount they have to BUY the expansion. and is its 30 euro its double the price of the lisence alone :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Definitely, but then it wouldn't be compensation for losing game progress but instead a gift from anet for the whole playerbase.

> > > > > Considering that most people that received it didn't lose game progress (and for those that did separate and individually tailored compensations are being handled by support), it's already not a compansation but a gift/reward. Just one that's not being given to everyone.

> > > > >

> > > > > > What would be the reason for everyone receiving this gift?

> > > > > What would be a reason for gifting only some, according to very arbitrary reasons?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > finally you understand me, i did not even react anymore, i am sure i was clear. :)

> > > >

> > > > > > @"sidecarpilot.3468" said:

> > > > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"deadlyjoker.4907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"senki.1046" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Anet made the correct decision. Not everyone should get the skin, only those who lost progress

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > then why did ppl got the skin who did not lose any progress? like my wife who tried to log in at the exact same time as I tried. way after the server issues 19:45 German time, which is 05:45 PM, which is one hour after the mentioned time frame for getting the mount.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > they cannot check who lost progress on every account existing. too much effort. they need to make a decision and it was a reasonable one.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > and thats where you are wrong mate, dont give one person stuff, and the other person not. either give everyone or noone

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > wrong, not everyone deserves the compensation and those who didn't get the compensation should accept it, cause it's only fair like this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sure, when there is another rollback, people will run in-game, do whatever, abuse whatever. Cause apparently login in to a malfunctioning DB is now healthy for the game and should be compensated.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I do agree that the few people that lost real progress should get compensated, but filtering by "logged in or not" is not a valid filter, and shouldn't be the qualifier to get compensated. Either give all something, or nothing, or get a proper filter for lost progress, just because you logged in for 2mins doesn't make you a victim of the rollback, neither does not having logged. On top of this all there's the duplicate compensation that Anet is pretending that doesn't exist and avoiding entirely any communication about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > well, you should be also happy for those who just logged in and did nothing. Why is it so hard to accept that others were lucky to get a pixel skin? Just be happy for those as well and move on. Why fight so hard over a virtual skin, which doesn't give a single benefit except esthetics? I'm asking this to all people who want a free skin without loggin in on the 11th.

> > > >

> > > > sure i am happy for the onces who obtained the gift. but the same time it should be for everyone. i think you are rich ingame or do have everything you want and don't care for the skin. fine that's your opinion. BUT if you don't care about a skin then keep it for youself. it's your vision or opinion, and there are others like me who don't like injustice so we fight (not real) for what we have right to. same for in real life, if someone lose 10 euro and he is millionaire he will probably say, its just money (a small amount, move on) others who are in need of money whould be happy to even have it as bonus. we are all different, and does not mean if YOU do not care about it that we who care about it have no rights for obtaining it. we are all gw2 gamers who support the company, and i think casuals more then rich players who buy everything with "gold" AND about its just pixels, why do you play gw2? instead of another game, its just pixels. yes they are pixels but not just pixels. the pixels are different everywhere and thats why you want this or the other. let us have what we want.

> > >

> > > It would be also injustice if everyone received the gift. Best is only those with lost progress get the gift, but it's too difficult to filter all out. that's why their decision is very reasonable.

> >

> > No, that's why their decision is exactly unreasonable, making something unfair in the name of fairness doesn't make it fair. The % of people truly affected by the rollback was nearly null, and even then, nobody has explained to me why f2p players who lost progress are not entitled to a compensation.

> >

> > Face it, Anet did a wrong decision, a unfair one, on top of which, they are now sending double the rewards to some accounts, and their response is to act like nothing is happening, typical Anet behaviour. The amazing part is, they created this mess themselves.

>

> No, I still believe anet did a great job. And if some people get double rewards, be happy for their luck. Devs can make mistakes, it's human. What I just read from most angry people is called "jealousy".

What I just read out of your posts is called ignorance.

Good day.

@Phoe.6829 As much as I totally understand your sentiment, this is the wrong thread for it. This thread started by the OP, is as far as I am concerned a whole bigger issue altogether: "Players never received Gold from items that sold during the EU server rollback/shutdown": One of my friends sold an Aurillium Infusion 2.5K-3K Gold: Not received, another a Legendary Wep: No gold received.

Also @Phoe.6829 if I could have sent you my mount licence I would have done for free, as I really wasn't bothered about it. Mount skins as much as they look quite cool, don't overly bother me too much and certainly if I had a spare 1200 Gems I definitely wouldn't spend it on a Mount skin! You have to realise Anet sent the Mount Select Licence & Communal Bonfire as Compensation for "lost player progress" for those that logged, some re-did their dailies, some players were unaware of the fault and logged after it resumed their playing, did achievements, did their fractals or raids etc: BUT they lost all that progress, so hours wasted playing.

I was one of the players that logged, and it was a chaotic nightmare to be honest. I'd already done my Daily achievements, crafted time-gated mats, done several hours of playing/farming on different maps, then I went AFK for 10 mins, my character was kicked from the game, i logged back and then realised the 2-3 day roll-back as the login-reward had reset. So basically I had wasted several hours in the morning playing, so I can easily say I wish I hadn't bothered wasting my time only to receive a Mount Licence that I didn't want and Bonfire as compensation - I'd rather have my time back and all those achievements, and hours farming I had done that morning.

That's what the compensation was for: Lost playing time. But like you I do disagree with how Anet handled it: I think first of all they definitely shouldn't have given anyone a Mount Select Licence as that's quite an exclusive thing, better they should have given i) The Bonfire, ii) 10 x Heroes Banners = stuff all players could benefit from. It needed only to be "little stuff" as a gesture from Anet to say "okay we screwed up" BUT give EVERY player regardless whether they were online or not the same items, otherwise if they couldn't do that: They shouldn't have given anything out at all. Maybe Anet might see the error of their ways and sort something else out for the Community, or maybe they won't, but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it!

First of all, the decision to keep the server online after people suddenly lost days of progress was a bad one.

But then they kinda just poured gasoline over the whole rollback situation and set it on fire when they decided to award people who logged into a broken game, angering the people with good intentions and splitting up the community in the process....

It's difficult for me to comment not being affected, but if I am reading this correctly, with an item posted on Saturday and sold on Monday surely the affected party should get the item or the gold back? Otherwise there seems to be a potential discrepancy that if it sold to an EU player, then both gold and item are lost on both sides and if to a US player, the item is in the hands of the buyer yet the gold is gone for the EU sellerr? Have I understood that correctly or have I got that wrong?

> @"titje.2745" said:

>so we fight (not real) for what we have right to.

Yes, fight for your rights get a lawyer or call the police ! LMAO

As hilarious as this was, this one right here is golden and explains exactly why there is so much crying.

> @"titje.2745" said:

> let us have what we want.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It's difficult for me to comment not being affected, but if I am reading this correctly, with an item posted on Saturday and sold on Monday surely the affected party should get the item or the gold back? Otherwise there seems to be a potential discrepancy that if it sold to an EU player, then both gold and item are lost on both sides and if to a US player, the item is in the hands of the buyer yet the gold is gone for the EU sellerr? Have I understood that correctly or have I got that wrong?

Yes that's mainly correct. It's for items posted in the TP by EU sellers BEFORE the server crash: So they could have been posted 1 day before, 1 week ago before, 1 month, 1 year ago before: But afaik it only seemed to affect sale transactions that occured when EU server was down for the extended period of maintenance, so I would presume the buyers were all NA players, since EU players couldn't log during this time. So NA players got their items from the TP they purchased (as per normal), but EU players did not receive the gold from those transactions at their end.

The crucial part from what I'm speaking to lots of players in-game about this, although it primarily happened in the time-frame when Anet took the EU server down for maintenance, the bug was still there for some, even when maintenance had ended! I was one of the unlucky ones since it happened to me in both periods: When I was ONLINE after the extended maintenance I had a few sales come through fine ( I received the gold), I had to go OFFLINE in the evening for 2-3 hours and in that time-frame I was off-line I had 4-5 items that sold, but I did not receive the gold ( so amazingly even after Anet's long period of maintenance the servers were still experiencing problems): The sales of those 4-5 items I sold (all quite expensive) are clearly in my Sold Transactions History marked clearly at for e.g. 1hr, 1hr, 2hr, 2hr, 3hr ago so thus I know they had just happened while I was offline; however the gold in my wallet before going offline and coming back online was exactly the same. Basically whatever they did during the maintenance period had not rectified this problem, and caused more problems so its a big kitten sandwich Anet have got to sort out.

Also, why is the bonfire given to all who logged in in the past 30 days? Those who didn't login this Friday and after, have not been affected at all, so why would they be given this exceptional bonfire?

They've made no difference here, while they clearly made a big one for those who logged on dead servers.

I mean, they send a joke item to one part, almost to make them more angry (for real Anet, no one want this bonfire), and one of the most sought after items to the other part of the players.

On top of that, players who played during the rollback have been compensated by recovering the items they lost anyway!

Cherry on the cake is those receiving double mails, compensation while in NA, or rewards despite not being logged in during said period. Even more reasons for people to feel left out.