Oi! What's with the Jackal Chair?!

First of all, howdy.

So I just bought the Jackal chair and found out it always uses the default Jackal skin, no colors, nothing. I'm not that angry since the chair is still cool as hell but why not add in the mount skin/color compatibility, the whole point of buying it for me was the asuran engineer I created to have his favourite mount be his sit buddy, but now the colors don't match up at all (neither does the skin) and I can't use it on any other character that well becouse all of them have their own color shemes. The fact that you can't recolor it isn't even written on the BL store's page so what the hell ANet?

So I may be wrong here, as I only have two chairs, the golden Joko style throne, and the Norn chair with the wolf, but afaik, no chair has ever been dyable.

While I understand your frustration, as mounts always have been dyable, the fact that it wasn't mentioned on the store that it can't be recoloured is prefectly normal, because no chair ever has been recoulourable. Really the exception would be that they WOULD point out if it COULD be dyed, not the other way around, because it would be a unique selling point.

I 100% understand what you wanted, and also 100% agree that would make a way better offering on the gem store, but at the end of the day what was advertised was a chair, not the ability to sit with your mount specifically, so I think it's more of an expectation adjustment needing to be made, rather than any changes to the item listing on the gem store.

> @"RegnieRiku.4102" said:

> So I may be wrong here, as I only have two chairs, the golden Joko style throne, and the Norn chair with the wolf, but afaik, no chair has ever been dyable.

> While I understand your frustration, as mounts always have been dyable, the fact that it wasn't mentioned on the store that it can't be recoloured is prefectly normal, because no chair ever has been recoulourable. Really the exception would be that they WOULD point out if it COULD be dyed, not the other way around, because it would be a unique selling point.

> I 100% understand what you wanted, and also 100% agree that would make a way better offering on the gem store, but at the end of the day what was advertised was a chair, not the ability to sit with your mount specifically, so I think it's more of an expectation adjustment needing to be made, rather than any changes to the item listing on the gem store.

Aye, I suppose. Maybe one day they'll add it it... Gonna miss the idea of my fluffy totem Jackal tho :c

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly why I didn't buy either the skyscale or jackal chair. I love the idea of being able to sit with your mount, but if it has to use the default skin then it's not really my mount and sitting with a random skyscale or jackal seems weird.

I'd love it if they did make them dyable, or even better make them use your selected mount skin, but until then I'll just go without.

> @"Yggranya.5201" said:

> I bought the scaled dragon wings and of course you can't dye those either. So what does that mean? That i'm not going to buy any back pieces ever again. Maybe you can dye some newer ones but that doesn't matter, they got my gems, i'm not doing it again.

How are you completely unaware that all backpeices created before the introduction of capes were undyeable? This isn't some arenanet secret that was purposely kept away from the public in a nefarious scheme to take $10 from you. It is literally no one else's fault but your own.