nerf lord

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> its to strong, i saw maybe 1 go to lord in the last season

>

> maybe remove the stomp thing

You're about to get absolutely loled to death. Besides that point, I actually don't think the lord was nerfed at all following the big damage nerfs in February or whenever that was. So to expect 1-2 people to be able to kill him now (like they used to be able to) is pretty bunkers right now for 90% of builds so he should definitely get a HP reduction fitting of the current meta. Besides that, his damage is fine. His 4 guards do (slightly) more damage than they should considering that most builds right now aren't even pumping out that kind of damage.

The hard part is he shouldn't just be a free kill. He should be a challenge, but right now going for lord solo or even with 2-3 people just doesn't make sense right now because it would take too long.

Lord is still doable solo.

You can train killing him in south-east of HotM.

What you can not do solo anymore with most builds is just burst him while ignoring his heal and I guess that is intended by ANet. The heal is extremely strong and he will sustain most solo encounters forever if you don't interrupt it at least one time. So you have to learn how to remove that breakbar at the right moment.

He casts his heal the first time when he drops below 50% HP. The heal then has a cooldown. I don't know how long as I usually kill him after a successful interrupt.

Burnguard is one of the few exceptions that can faceroll him without taking care of the heal.

I don't get why they can't do a nice quality of life update using the mechanics they developed for Stronghold:

- Door and lord hp indicators

- Remove the random npc's and add 2 legendary ones to deter soloing

- Optionally give the lord more cc and the defenders the res glyph, meaning they need to be killed before a stomp attempt

I just want the map mechanic back, doing a lord is not worth in and point, you can't turn a game and only a team that is already dominating is going for lord

Old lord had kinda risky choice, withoit the power creep its just a time filler for already defeated teams

> @"darren.1064" said:

> > @"Avatar.3568" said:

> > its to strong, i saw maybe 1 go to lord in the last season

> >

> > maybe remove the stomp thing

>

> You're about to get absolutely loled to death. Besides that point, I actually don't think the lord was nerfed at all following the big damage nerfs in February or whenever that was. So to expect 1-2 people to be able to kill him now (like they used to be able to) is pretty bunkers right now for 90% of builds so he should definitely get a HP reduction fitting of the current meta. Besides that, his damage is fine. His 4 guards do (slightly) more damage than they should considering that most builds right now aren't even pumping out that kind of damage.

>

> The hard part is he shouldn't just be a free kill. He should be a challenge, but right now going for lord solo or even with 2-3 people just doesn't make sense right now because it would take too long.

IN order for lord to actually be played - it needs to be a free kill for 1 damage player.

5v4 for 30s is the max a losing team can afford.

And its not even a "losing" team, its more "just slightly behind" like 300-400 , only such teams have realistic scenario to turn the game around.

Like yes, the comeback mechanic needs to sadly be a bit overpowered to matter, else its just another bunker fest or full wipe 3 cap swings depending on meta.

I dont see lord being such a problem as it is easily farmable with 2+ players, while taking more time/being more challenging to solo it.

However, I do regret the extreme difference between condi builds and power builds in the ability of taking this thing down. As dps-hammer guard, it takes me hours to kill it (and I am always close to dying, but that's because i'm terrible); while it just disappears in less than 5 seconds when equipping a meme-burn build.

Same goes for Svanir/Chief.

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> Lord needs a buff in fact, allow it to gain resistance from the wanna be healing signet they use, because their weakness to conditions is absurd.

or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> Old lord had kinda risky choice, withoit the power creep its just a time filler for already defeated teams

^this

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

^this

Nerf lord but buff its condi cleanse !

**I **> @"aelska.4609" said:

> Or maybe a totally different kind of suggestion: makes it a node to cap (with capping speed scaled by the number of players ?). Less interactive but more pvp-spirit oriented; easier to tune than a pve mob that has the AI potential of a fly.

That sounds totally stupid

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> **I **> @"aelska.4609" said:

> > Or maybe a totally different kind of suggestion: makes it a node to cap (with capping speed scaled by the number of players ?). Less interactive but more pvp-spirit oriented; easier to tune than a pve mob that has the AI potential of a fly.

>

> That sounds totally stupid

Great argument, very insightful.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > Lord needs a buff in fact, allow it to gain resistance from the wanna be healing signet they use, because their weakness to conditions is absurd.

>

> or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

That won't work. Revs and guards will still kill him with ease. Their reapplication is too good.

Conditions ignoring armor is what causes that power builds are heaving a very hard time, when they fail to interrupt the heal, while (some) condi builds can simply ignore the heal.

So the lord does either need a condi cleanse that he can cast more frequent than the heal or his attributes have to be shifted towards less toughness but more vitality to bring the effect of condi and power damage in line.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > Lord needs a buff in fact, allow it to gain resistance from the wanna be healing signet they use, because their weakness to conditions is absurd.

> >

> > or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

> That won't work. Revs and guards will still kill him with ease. Their reapplication is too good.

>

> Conditions ignoring armor is what causes that power builds are heaving a very hard time, when they fail to interrupt the heal, while (some) condi builds can simply ignore the heal.

>

> So the lord does either need a condi cleanse that he can cast more frequent than the heal or his attributes have to be shifted towards less toughness but more vitality to bring the effect of condi and power damage in line.

or mb people should stop immagining new unique ways of nerfing condi

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > Lord needs a buff in fact, allow it to gain resistance from the wanna be healing signet they use, because their weakness to conditions is absurd.

> >

> > or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

> That won't work. Revs and guards will still kill him with ease. Their reapplication is too good.

>

> Conditions ignoring armor is what causes that power builds are heaving a very hard time, when they fail to interrupt the heal, while (some) condi builds can simply ignore the heal.

>

> So the lord does either need a condi cleanse that he can cast more frequent than the heal or his attributes have to be shifted towards less toughness but more vitality to bring the effect of condi and power damage in line.

Torment application on Revenant for sPvP is awful compared Guardian, I even dare say Balacned. The only reason why Herald Mallyx is so strong right now is because the overall condition damage in the game is strong and it exploits that with the Facet transfer that is "600 Radius" "Unblockable" "Can only be evaded with endurance" "Is pretty much an instant cast".

Guardian is a whole different conversation when it comes to burning.

> @"Shao.7236" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > > Lord needs a buff in fact, allow it to gain resistance from the wanna be healing signet they use, because their weakness to conditions is absurd.

> > >

> > > or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

> > That won't work. Revs and guards will still kill him with ease. Their reapplication is too good.

> >

> > Conditions ignoring armor is what causes that power builds are heaving a very hard time, when they fail to interrupt the heal, while (some) condi builds can simply ignore the heal.

> >

> > So the lord does either need a condi cleanse that he can cast more frequent than the heal or his attributes have to be shifted towards less toughness but more vitality to bring the effect of condi and power damage in line.

>

> Torment application on Revenant for sPvP is awful compared Guardian, I even dare say Balacned. The only reason why Herald Mallyx is so strong right now is because the overall condition damage in the game is strong and it exploits that with the Facet transfer that is "600 Radius" "Unblockable" "Can only be evaded with endurance" "Is pretty much an instant cast".

>

> Guardian is a whole different conversation when it comes to burning.

This thread is about "soloing lord". And both condi guard and condi rev have an easy time soloing the lord.

If you want to read a statement about condi rev in general from me:

>"Are revenants OP?"

>No they are not. They do just require you to play a build with above average condi cleanses, which lots of people don't want to run as this decreases their direct damage defense. They forget that GW2 is rock paper scissors and you always have to make a choice.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1263440/#Comment_1263440

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"Shao.7236" said:

> > > > > Lord needs a buff in fact, allow it to gain resistance from the wanna be healing signet they use, because their weakness to conditions is absurd.

> > > >

> > > > or make then fullclear all condis on heal, if its just resist some condi builds will abuse it with 1 boonstrip.

> > > That won't work. Revs and guards will still kill him with ease. Their reapplication is too good.

> > >

> > > Conditions ignoring armor is what causes that power builds are heaving a very hard time, when they fail to interrupt the heal, while (some) condi builds can simply ignore the heal.

> > >

> > > So the lord does either need a condi cleanse that he can cast more frequent than the heal or his attributes have to be shifted towards less toughness but more vitality to bring the effect of condi and power damage in line.

> >

> > Torment application on Revenant for sPvP is awful compared Guardian, I even dare say Balacned. The only reason why Herald Mallyx is so strong right now is because the overall condition damage in the game is strong and it exploits that with the Facet transfer that is "600 Radius" "Unblockable" "Can only be evaded with endurance" "Is pretty much an instant cast".

> >

> > Guardian is a whole different conversation when it comes to burning.

> This thread is about "soloing lord". And both condi guard and condi rev have an easy time soloing the lord.

>

> If you want to read a statement about condi rev in general from me:

> >"Are revenants OP?"

> >No they are not. They do just require you to play a build with above average condi cleanses, which lots of people don't want to run as this decreases their direct damage defense. They forget that GW2 is rock paper scissors and you always have to make a choice.

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1263440/#Comment_1263440

>

A burn guard would obliterate lord compared condi rev, had to be said. My statement was that they need something to counter conditions, just as much as they need blocks to counter power too at this rate.