[Suggestion] Give Item to boost core professions

Ithilwen.1529

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> Downvote.

>

> Can you just play a build that is not bad instead of making a new thread everyday about how your OLD, OUTDATED, INEFFICIENT build is getting destroyed and how everything should change EXCEPT your build.

Good god, this. THIS

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> >ANET has ruined the two elite Mesmer specs for me.

> They "ruined" Chronomancer for you by letting revenants have alacrity?

Yes. and this debate has been thoroughly hashed over. I repeat it only to answer your question.

This release note: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/ states that: " Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect,".

Alacrity and the manipulation of time was the specialization of Chronomancer. I accept ANET's decision, however...When that changed, I felt that the specialization had been deprecated. It soured me on the elite specs. Hence, I play a core Mesmer.

> @Darknicrofia.2604 said:

> OP would stop using shatters if engie shield was given a skill that produced a clone on a 180 sec cooldown because "reasons"

I for one stopped playing Necro because they gave another light armor wearer access to wells and an axe ON THE SAME PROFESSION

Oh btw... meant to put a /s at the end of that ;)

> @Zlater.6789 said:

> This suggestion is horrible. I've seen some comments by the op elsewhere and I get this feeling that the op only ever complains about balance problems with mesmer., when really its a very op class. Chrono and mirage are very strong, not just in pvp but everywhere, core mesmer really is not so much and I think it never will be. If you want to know why watch this video.

>

Interesting. Ill keep this in mind before complaining about broken mechanics or things seeming too weak in the meta.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > >ANET has ruined the two elite Mesmer specs for me.

> > They "ruined" Chronomancer for you by letting revenants have alacrity?

>

> Yes. and this debate has been thoroughly hashed over. I repeat it only to answer your question.

>

> This release note: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/ states that: " Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect,".

>

> Alacrity and the manipulation of time was the specialization of Chronomancer. I accept ANET's decision, however...When that changed, I felt that the specialization had been deprecated. It soured me on the elite specs. Hence, I play a core Mesmer.

~edit~ In addition to that, the new "ammunition" mechanic has essentially the same effect as Chronomancer F5. I see this as an attempt at balance by more-or-less giving everyone everything. I do not think this is a good strategy.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > >ANET has ruined the two elite Mesmer specs for me.

> > They "ruined" Chronomancer for you by letting revenants have alacrity?

>

> Yes. and this debate has been thoroughly hashed over. I repeat it only to answer your question.

>

> This release note: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-chronomancer-mesmers-elite-specialization/ states that: " Chronomancy is the only specialization allowed access to this powerful effect,".

>

> Alacrity and the manipulation of time was the specialization of Chronomancer. I accept ANET's decision, however...When that changed, I felt that the specialization had been deprecated. It soured me on the elite specs. Hence, I play a core Mesmer.

The reasoning in this comment is hilarious. No rev even uses alacrity anymore since Ventari rev died. There, your excuse goes out the window, what next? Can't just admit you can't be fucked to learn a new build???

Edit: and what about thieves with ambush trap and thieves guild lol...there goes your clones, may as well drop Mesmer!

*I understand and acknowledge that skills have been shared from other professions.* This is going off topic. This particular sharing hurt, coming on the heels of heavy nerfs to Chronomancer.

Back to the point of this post, I think that Core professions are too far behind the elite specs.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> *I understand and acknowledge that skills have been shared from other professions.* This is going off topic. This particular sharing hurt, coming on the heels of heavy nerfs to Chronomancer.

>

> Back to the point of this post, I think that Core professions are too far behind the elite specs.

>

chrono is still a top pick, & is one of the best things you can play rn. it’s not been overnerfed at all lol. alacrity on centaur didn’t do anything to chrono’s viability either, it just made rev a bit better at raids.

back on topic tho, i still want to know why you decided your poor performance on mesmer was due to you needing to L2P then two days later your poor performance is due to needing extra stats. reveal unto me, whatever your rationale may be ;)

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> That's a complete misconception. I want basic parity. *I don't want to go into fights knowing the deck is already stacked against me

I mean, necros live this. I'm not providing an opinion one way or the other, but there are at least two other classes that are disadvantaged by nature of the class itself, and they can't escape it by swapping a traitline.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> The suggestion was of a way to make core specs competitive while preserving ANET's "pay wall." That suggestion comes because devs in a recent AMA suggested that they did not wish core specs to be competitive. I can only assume this is because they want to force people to buy expacs to win.

Can you link me? That sounds kind of weird for a dev to say, since the elite specs are 66.6% core spec. The core has to be competitive for the elite specs to be competitive.

Is core mesmer suddenly not competitive due to some particular observable fact? Or is this something you just feel? I have seen core thieves, necros, guardians, rangers, and especially core warriors doing well in the current meta. The only class I think has a core blight at the moment is Revenant.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > *I understand and acknowledge that skills have been shared from other professions.* This is going off topic. This particular sharing hurt, coming on the heels of heavy nerfs to Chronomancer.

> >

> > Back to the point of this post, I think that Core professions are too far behind the elite specs.

> >

>

> chrono is still a top pick, & is one of the best things you can play rn. it’s not been overnerfed at all lol. alacrity on centaur didn’t do anything to chrono’s viability either, it just made rev a bit better at raids.

>

> back on topic tho, i still want to know why you decided your poor performance on mesmer was due to you needing to L2P then two days later your poor performance is due to needing extra stats. reveal unto me, whatever your rationale may be ;)

Maybe all would be good if they made a new elite spec line for Mesmer called "Delusions"

> @Zlater.6789 said:

> This suggestion is horrible. I've seen some comments by the op elsewhere and I get this feeling that the op only ever complains about balance problems with mesmer., when really its a very op class. Chrono and mirage are very strong, not just in pvp but everywhere, core mesmer really is not so much and I think it never will be. If you want to know why watch this video.

>

hahahaha.. I mean... I like this video.... specs opness is not a bug... is a feature!! looooo

Core mes has always been pretty bad outside of power shatter which was objectively worse than thief except team utility of portal. Core PU serves very few roles in sPvP that mesh well with teams, and the nature of conquest.

There is a lot of hearsay when we talk about current day Mesmer viability, from people crying saying it's brokenly OP before SB and Scourge. With others claiming it's easily replaced on teams and that mirage is a bad version of daredevil.

I don't want to argue either side right now, but I have to say it's in a _relatively_ okay spot. Much better than thief food of the past, and some builds can actually stay on point.

That said, there is no reason to go back.

You insist on playing the worst **core** class that is only "fixed" by it's elite spec mechanics, you and every other mesmer main knows this.

I give you props for sticking to it, and a few stat buffs might take the edge off, but it would still be inferior to chrono or mirage, and really by extension almost everything else in the game.

It sucks that there is a pay wall to be competitive, and I do agree A-net needs to get on that. However forward thinking balance, that balances around elite specs is going to be healthier in the long run if this is the business model we are going down.

Artificial stat boosts to core is only going to create more problems or be ineffectual and is ultimately not worth the effort of implementing. Also unless we start doing things like saying "core mes can put on X, but other core classes that are better don't get anything" (which A-net will NEVER do, to appease some sort of consistency based mission statement they have, that transcends balance and over all game health) the core specs will never be balanced anyways either.

tl;dr: You probably should just drop a line for mirage or chrono. (probably mirage since the bugs will be fixed, you don't _need_ to run axe, and it's closest to core in feel)

make some traitline only be selected on core:

Ex: Virtues as the elite trait for core xD buff virtues trailine, i dont reccall other classes core equivalences, but this would be a game changer to start! dont Anet love game changers? xD

ANet could work later on adding normal traitlines to game for balance reason and more diversty/specialization