Staff/scepter ele builds for wvw

SlitheSlivier.1908

I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

Thanks for any and all help!

PS i have all expansions

> @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

>

> Thanks for any and all help!

>

> PS i have all expansions

> I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

>

> Thanks for any and all help!

>

> PS i have all expansions

There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> >

> > Thanks for any and all help!

> >

> > PS i have all expansions

>

> > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> >

> > Thanks for any and all help!

> >

> > PS i have all expansions

>

> There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

>

Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > >

> > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > >

> > > PS i have all expansions

> >

> > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> >

>

> Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

I disagree with the blanket statement that there is "no roaming" for eles. However, I can't say I see a lot of staff/scepter roamers. I think your best bet for that is going to be some sort of scepter/x build with fresh air or lightning rod, but it probably doesn't work as well as it once did or I'd see more of it, right?

I can't say for certain as I only play sword weaver, which honestly seems just fine for roaming/PvP. It isn't meta and would probably struggle in high end, organized group play, but I've held my own in duels with it against some of the "pros" and feel comfortable enough solo roaming with it. I guess it depends on your comfort level, but I definitely wouldn't say that you are wasting your time roaming with ele if that's your thing!

I don't think there is a good scepter build for wvw anymore. At one time it could work as a dueling type build built around burst damage but no longer. For groups larger than 15 you are probably hurting your own side if you don't use staff on ele. Maybe a condi clearing tempest would be useful, but I doubt it would be better than a damage dealing staff user. The damage from weaver is better than all other versions of staff ele. Weaver staff eles are still needed and wanted in wvw zergs, tho behind scourge/firebrand/scrapper.

What I do is use all marauder gear with scholar runes and berserk+valk trinkets. Some people like arcane trait and feel with the damage buff from boons they come out ahead. I prefer fire and air as the other two traits. The choices within those trait lines are fairly obvious. If I am having trouble staying alive I will switch air for earth and take stone heart. This results in a two thirds reduction in power damage at the cost of a 30% reduction in your own power. You can dual attune to earth and fire and get the stone heart buff and still do damage with aoes, but the earth autoattack might as well be zero. Whenever possible I go back to fire and air trait lines.

If want to be very tanky take melandru runes and stack condi duration reduction. Use the utility skill that reduces by 20%, use food for the same amount and with stone heart on top of that you should very rarely die. It should take a squad wipe to kill you. But your damage isn't very good like this.

For utility I usually take the twist of fate, which is better than you think at first, mist form, and the barrier skill. Most staff eles use FGS for elite but I like the 20% damage reduction in earth from the weaver elite.

When your second attunement is air and you take the air traitline your auto damage is highest. That is where most of your damage comes from.

For 1v1 I still like d/d best even tho sword weaver is supposed to be the best at that. Maybe I just don't know sword weaver well enough. For havoc groups I like d/d/wh tempest. But for more than 15 people I don't see any reason to use anything other than staff weaver, preferably glass cannon build.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > >

> > > > PS i have all expansions

> > >

> > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > >

> > > > PS i have all expansions

> > >

> > > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> > >

> >

> > Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

>

> I disagree with the blanket statement that there is "no roaming" for eles. However, I can't say I see a lot of staff/scepter roamers. I think your best bet for that is going to be some sort of scepter/x build with fresh air or lightning rod, but it probably doesn't work as well as it once did or I'd see more of it, right?

>

> I can't say for certain as I only play sword weaver, which honestly seems just fine for roaming/PvP. It isn't meta and would probably struggle in high end, organized group play, but I've held my own in duels with it against some of the "pros" and feel comfortable enough solo roaming with it. I guess it depends on your comfort level, but I definitely wouldn't say that you are wasting your time roaming with ele if that's your thing!

You can roam on anything if it's just to have fun but as dedicated roamer no..the class is simply bad at it , look at this thread for example from 2 years ago and it was before any major nerfs to sword weaver

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62523/wvw-roaming-class-standings

I am not lying or being overly dramatic, just stating the truth

> > >

> > >

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> >

>

> > >

> > >

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Staff weaver for zerg fights is your best bet, scepter/warhorn is strictly a DPS support for non organized small group fights so very niche

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > >

> > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > >

> > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > >

> > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > >

> > > > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

> >

> > I disagree with the blanket statement that there is "no roaming" for eles. However, I can't say I see a lot of staff/scepter roamers. I think your best bet for that is going to be some sort of scepter/x build with fresh air or lightning rod, but it probably doesn't work as well as it once did or I'd see more of it, right?

> >

> > I can't say for certain as I only play sword weaver, which honestly seems just fine for roaming/PvP. It isn't meta and would probably struggle in high end, organized group play, but I've held my own in duels with it against some of the "pros" and feel comfortable enough solo roaming with it. I guess it depends on your comfort level, but I definitely wouldn't say that you are wasting your time roaming with ele if that's your thing!

>

> You can roam on anything if it's just to have fun but as dedicated roamer no..the class is simply bad at it , look at this thread for example from 2 years ago and it was before any major nerfs to sword weaver

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62523/wvw-roaming-class-standings

>

> I am not lying or being overly dramatic, just stating the truth

That thread is from two years ago and it's talking about water weaver. Here's some actual gameplay footage since 2/25 on fire weaver. I really don't see how this class is "simply bad". Not meta? Yeah. But again, it's fine.

Here's a 1v4 against some people:

Here's a 1v1 duel that I lost against Hobo from vT, one of the better roamers out there:

Here's a little informal arena 1v1 against the #2 finisher in the 3v3 season that just ended:

> Thanks for the info, keep it coming! To be clear i am looking at all aspects of wvw, not just roaming. Maybe ill use my ele for when i want to join medium sized groups or maybe just for zerging. I'm not sure yet and looking for info where it can be successfully used.

>

Yeah, sorry for going off topic a bit. I know you're asking for scepter/staff and zerg as well as roaming builds. I can only offer perspective on sword weaver for roaming as that's all I know how to do!

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > > >

> > > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > > >

> > > > > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

> > >

> > > I disagree with the blanket statement that there is "no roaming" for eles. However, I can't say I see a lot of staff/scepter roamers. I think your best bet for that is going to be some sort of scepter/x build with fresh air or lightning rod, but it probably doesn't work as well as it once did or I'd see more of it, right?

> > >

> > > I can't say for certain as I only play sword weaver, which honestly seems just fine for roaming/PvP. It isn't meta and would probably struggle in high end, organized group play, but I've held my own in duels with it against some of the "pros" and feel comfortable enough solo roaming with it. I guess it depends on your comfort level, but I definitely wouldn't say that you are wasting your time roaming with ele if that's your thing!

> >

> > You can roam on anything if it's just to have fun but as dedicated roamer no..the class is simply bad at it , look at this thread for example from 2 years ago and it was before any major nerfs to sword weaver

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62523/wvw-roaming-class-standings

> >

> > I am not lying or being overly dramatic, just stating the truth

>

> That thread is from two years ago and it's talking about water weaver. Here's some actual gameplay footage since 2/25 on fire weaver. I really don't see how this class is "simply bad". Not meta? Yeah. But again, it's fine.

>

> Here's a 1v4 against some people:

>

>

> Here's a 1v1 duel that I lost against Hobo from vT, one of the better roamers out there:

>

>

> Here's a little informal arena 1v1 against the #2 finisher in the 3v3 season that just ended:

>

>

>

No disrespect but all I see is you fighting some random warrior and a bunch of pve heroes hugging a fire weaver...but the vast majority of real roaming is you against kiting/ranged DE, condi thieves, soulbeast or perma boon holos/scrappers or core burst mesmers or some TOP reaper/core necro roamer...which always miss from ele "roaming" videos.

Again I am not questioning your skill level, I am questioning the class which is at best a niche duellist against specific builds and that's a recipe for disaster more times than not

We never gonna get anywhere with this class if you lot just get "satisfied" by killing some random once in a while who plays by your rules

Weaver fresh air scepter/focus. YOu need to do 150% of others efforts to compete but it's still work. It works too with staff, but this is 200% of efforts, with less sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lJwOYRYnYRdp9yA-zRRYBhJGN4Sw2B-e

You want to chain dual attacks like #3 Air/earth + #3 fire/air + "double fresh air"

Or to knockback with Air #5, water #5 + skills with delay like fire #2, water #2 fire/earth #3 etc.

It's not an easy build ; as it's a Hit&Run build, you want to avoid melee and as you need to know some tricks like Swapping Attunements + arcane blast to proc DPS buffs and Electric Discharge WHILE casting a damage spell; pay attention to weakness to earn +15% precision, etc.

This is **not** newbie friendly.

I've already seen a tempest fresh-air build, very tanky. But big issue it works only against greedy/melee players; or in PvP.

Ohterwise you have melee weapon :+1:

I'm a big fan of water/arcane/weaver D/D (or D/F, or sword), very entertaining, very well balanced.

Or fireweaver, not a big fan of trailbazer builds in general, but it works great

Rod Lighnting weaver, the issue is you're melee .... but you don't have a lot of sustain. It works in PvP where you can kite or expect support, not very well in WvW with too many counters.

I don't really like Tempest in WvW roaming, as Overload skills are impossible to place.

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

> > > >

> > > > I disagree with the blanket statement that there is "no roaming" for eles. However, I can't say I see a lot of staff/scepter roamers. I think your best bet for that is going to be some sort of scepter/x build with fresh air or lightning rod, but it probably doesn't work as well as it once did or I'd see more of it, right?

> > > >

> > > > I can't say for certain as I only play sword weaver, which honestly seems just fine for roaming/PvP. It isn't meta and would probably struggle in high end, organized group play, but I've held my own in duels with it against some of the "pros" and feel comfortable enough solo roaming with it. I guess it depends on your comfort level, but I definitely wouldn't say that you are wasting your time roaming with ele if that's your thing!

> > >

> > > You can roam on anything if it's just to have fun but as dedicated roamer no..the class is simply bad at it , look at this thread for example from 2 years ago and it was before any major nerfs to sword weaver

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62523/wvw-roaming-class-standings

> > >

> > > I am not lying or being overly dramatic, just stating the truth

> >

> > That thread is from two years ago and it's talking about water weaver. Here's some actual gameplay footage since 2/25 on fire weaver. I really don't see how this class is "simply bad". Not meta? Yeah. But again, it's fine.

> >

> > Here's a 1v4 against some people:

> >

> >

> > Here's a 1v1 duel that I lost against Hobo from vT, one of the better roamers out there:

> >

> >

> > Here's a little informal arena 1v1 against the #2 finisher in the 3v3 season that just ended:

> >

> >

> >

>

> No disrespect but all I see is you fighting some random warrior and a bunch of pve heroes hugging a fire weaver...but the vast majority of real roaming is you against kiting/ranged DE, condi thieves, soulbeast or perma boon holos/scrappers or core burst mesmers or some TOP reaper/core necro roamer...which always miss from ele "roaming" videos.

>

> Again I am not questioning your skill level, I am questioning the class which is at best a niche duellist against specific builds and that's a recipe for disaster more times than not

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry I deluded myself into believing that sharing actual video of me dueling against some of the best players in the game could ever compete with your 2 year old forum thread of some randos discussing a different weaver build. What was I thinking? Of course you're right. You can't play fire weaver in WvW. It's auto lose...

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Weaver fresh air scepter/focus. YOu need to do 150% of others efforts to compete but it's still work. It works too with staff, but this is 200% of efforts, with less sustain.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lJwOYRYnYRdp9yA-zRRYBhJGN4Sw2B-e

> You want to chain dual attacks like #3 Air/earth + #3 fire/air + "double fresh air"

> Or to knockback with Air #5, water #5 + skills with delay like fire #2, water #2 fire/earth #3 etc.

>

> It's not an easy build ; as it's a Hit&Run build, you want to avoid melee and as you need to know some tricks like Swapping Attunements + arcane blast to proc DPS buffs and Electric Discharge WHILE casting a damage spell; pay attention to weakness to earn +15% precision, etc.

> This is **not** newbie friendly.

>

> I've already seen a tempest fresh-air build, very tanky. But big issue it works only against greedy/melee players; or in PvP.

>

> Ohterwise you have melee weapon :+1:

> I'm a big fan of water/arcane/weaver D/D (or D/F, or sword), very entertaining, very well balanced.

> Or fireweaver, not a big fan of trailbazer builds in general, but it works great

> Rod Lighnting weaver, the issue is you're melee .... but you don't have a lot of sustain. It works in PvP where you can kite or expect support, not very well in WvW with too many counters.

> I don't really like Tempest in WvW roaming, as Overload skills are impossible to place.

Nice post! That scepter build is more or less the one I was thinking of. Basically just keep kiting and making them pay for chasing after you! But it's good you have some perspective on a variety of other builds as well. Very helpful.

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"SlitheSlivier.1908" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm new to ele and looking at getting decent with him. I like playing ranged classes so i prefer playing staff or scepter. I like to WvW, mix of roaming and zerg; How are eles in wvw these days? Are there any parts of wvw that scepter or staff eles are good at?

> > > > > > > > I'm looking for decent staff or scepter builds, particularly power damage dealing ones, to use in any facet of WvW and any words of advice, helpful hints, etc.

> > > > > > > > I looked on metabuilds and the comments on all the ele builds i saware old and wayyyy before the feb 25th patch, so i can't tell if the builds themselves are also out dated.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks for any and all help!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > PS i have all expansions

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is no roaming for eles in wvw, you simply can't win against the pro while using this class..too many drawbacks to count, you can try if you want but you won't get far I promise you. If you love ranged gameplay then go for staff weaver and follow zergs or scepter/warhorn for small group fights. Other than that you can only play support tempest on ele

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which tends to be better? Staff weaver or scepter/warhorn?

> > > > >

> > > > > I disagree with the blanket statement that there is "no roaming" for eles. However, I can't say I see a lot of staff/scepter roamers. I think your best bet for that is going to be some sort of scepter/x build with fresh air or lightning rod, but it probably doesn't work as well as it once did or I'd see more of it, right?

> > > > >

> > > > > I can't say for certain as I only play sword weaver, which honestly seems just fine for roaming/PvP. It isn't meta and would probably struggle in high end, organized group play, but I've held my own in duels with it against some of the "pros" and feel comfortable enough solo roaming with it. I guess it depends on your comfort level, but I definitely wouldn't say that you are wasting your time roaming with ele if that's your thing!

> > > >

> > > > You can roam on anything if it's just to have fun but as dedicated roamer no..the class is simply bad at it , look at this thread for example from 2 years ago and it was before any major nerfs to sword weaver

> > > >

> > > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62523/wvw-roaming-class-standings

> > > >

> > > > I am not lying or being overly dramatic, just stating the truth

> > >

> > > That thread is from two years ago and it's talking about water weaver. Here's some actual gameplay footage since 2/25 on fire weaver. I really don't see how this class is "simply bad". Not meta? Yeah. But again, it's fine.

> > >

> > > Here's a 1v4 against some people:

> > >

> > >

> > > Here's a 1v1 duel that I lost against Hobo from vT, one of the better roamers out there:

> > >

> > >

> > > Here's a little informal arena 1v1 against the #2 finisher in the 3v3 season that just ended:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > No disrespect but all I see is you fighting some random warrior and a bunch of pve heroes hugging a fire weaver...but the vast majority of real roaming is you against kiting/ranged DE, condi thieves, soulbeast or perma boon holos/scrappers or core burst mesmers or some TOP reaper/core necro roamer...which always miss from ele "roaming" videos.

> >

> > Again I am not questioning your skill level, I am questioning the class which is at best a niche duellist against specific builds and that's a recipe for disaster more times than not

>

> Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry I deluded myself into believing that sharing actual video of me dueling against some of the best players in the game could ever compete with your 2 year old forum thread of some randos discussing a different weaver build. What was I thinking? Of course you're right. You can't play fire weaver in WvW. It's auto lose...

I believe I am free to my own opinion as you are, I think ele in general is subpar and ofc they will be people enjoying it, there are people out there who enjoy using a smoke signal or a pigeon to contact somebody instead than using a smartphone..hey to each his own

The scepter build linked above as well as the one on metabattle are fine for roaming, but not as forgiving as melee builds since you have very low sustain.

As for staff, I wouldnt recommend using it for roaming unless it's some small scale fights, where you can use pretty much the same scepter build with maybe a couple of trait changes and just slap staff on it, since the burst with air dual skills and air 2 can be quite decent if enemy's not paying attention to you.

I use this for zergs and I'm pretty confident that there's not much to change to make it better in general: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlFw8YRsH2JOeLbvMA-zVRYBBLGFsyopCoiEw2TSYsBeLWdGB-w (if we exclude minmaxing gimmicks like night sigil, stacking sigil on 2nd weapon and relying on not getting downed etc)

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > Weaver fresh air scepter/focus. YOu need to do 150% of others efforts to compete but it's still work. It works too with staff, but this is 200% of efforts, with less sustain.

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lJwOYRYnYRdp9yA-zRRYBhJGN4Sw2B-e

> > You want to chain dual attacks like #3 Air/earth + #3 fire/air + "double fresh air"

> > Or to knockback with Air #5, water #5 + skills with delay like fire #2, water #2 fire/earth #3 etc.

> >

> > It's not an easy build ; as it's a Hit&Run build, you want to avoid melee and as you need to know some tricks like Swapping Attunements + arcane blast to proc DPS buffs and Electric Discharge WHILE casting a damage spell; pay attention to weakness to earn +15% precision, etc.

> > This is **not** newbie friendly.

> >

> > I've already seen a tempest fresh-air build, very tanky. But big issue it works only against greedy/melee players; or in PvP.

> >

> > Ohterwise you have melee weapon :+1:

> > I'm a big fan of water/arcane/weaver D/D (or D/F, or sword), very entertaining, very well balanced.

> > Or fireweaver, not a big fan of trailbazer builds in general, but it works great

> > Rod Lighnting weaver, the issue is you're melee .... but you don't have a lot of sustain. It works in PvP where you can kite or expect support, not very well in WvW with too many counters.

> > I don't really like Tempest in WvW roaming, as Overload skills are impossible to place.

>

> Nice post! That scepter build is more or less the one I was thinking of. Basically just keep kiting and making them pay for chasing after you! But it's good you have some perspective on a variety of other builds as well. Very helpful.

I've also seen a fire/air/weaver fresh-air.

This is pur Glass-Cannon, pur OS. Its works if you're the first to shot or with the good window, but anything can kill you fast enough too; it's really 50/50. In my opinion Arcane spec + some marauder accessories is already more sound because of swiftness, protection, and you still can OS people

Otherwise my build, it's not ranged : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZwkYQsImJm8WZvUA-zVZYVhJGNIf4gCOjSVAtMBUzBJM2AvltOjA-w (More or less, I have legendary gears differents accessoeries in my inventory)

I have just enough armor and sustain to avoid the fresh-air burst and I'm able to leap, cc and burst them. I'm not saying I always win against OS builds, obviously if they start the fight and from range; but it's well balanced.

And it is really good package to fight duels or outnumbered, and win. More than sword/# in my opinion.