Thought about coming back to the game for a moment but then...

Girth.9731

I remembered that there is no reason because Warrior is in a horrible spot. Why does Anet refuse to buff Warrior sustain? Maybe they are tired of Warrior doing well in PvP? Regardless, I'll keep checking the forums to see when Anet finally gains the wisdom to make Warrior good at what its actually supposed to be good at again. Until then, see you all in ESO.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > Maybe it's because whenever they buff warrior's sustain it become an issue?

>

> Or is it that to many bad players can’t handle a properly functioning warrior and QQ until it gets nerfed again?

>

This^ 100% but doesnt just apply to war, just war is one of the unlucky ones since feb patch. Most players that don't play war want it to stay underpowered for reasons I needn't mention.

> @"KIIIL.1860" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

>

> have they ever given buffs to a warrior? Do not remember that .

They did, once through buffing _healing signet_ passive, another time through _might make right_, there used to also be _endure pain_ buff (tweaking duration/CD/, even _adrenal health_, or simply the sustain gained from Spellbreaker mechanism. I probably miss quite a few of them, trying to fix warrior through sustain is a pretty recurent strategy from ANet, unfortunately it never last.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

>

> Or is it that to many bad players can’t handle a properly functioning warrior and QQ until it gets nerfed again?

>

Can't do anything about PvP player whining as soon as they lose a match because "too much sustain! Tank bad! Nerf please!", right?

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"KIIIL.1860" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > Maybe it's because whenever they buff warrior's sustain it become an issue?

> >

> > have they ever given buffs to a warrior? Do not remember that .

>

> They did, once through buffing _healing signet_ passive, another time through _might make right_, there used to also be _endure pain_ buff (tweaking duration/CD/, even _adrenal health_, or simply the sustain gained from Spellbreaker mechanism. I probably miss quite a few of them, trying to fix warrior through sustain is a pretty recurent strategy from ANet, unfortunately it never last.

>

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > Maybe it's because whenever they buff warrior's sustain it become an issue?

> >

> > Or is it that to many bad players can’t handle a properly functioning warrior and QQ until it gets nerfed again?

> >

>

> Can't do anything about PvP player whining as soon as they lose a match because "too much sustain! Tank bad! Nerf please!", right?

yea whenever anet buff warrior sustain becomes an issue,

because all they buff is passive regen since 2013. they refuse to buff warrior in any meaningful away aka active mitigation.

i've been posting over and over, that's why i barely even touched warrior since HoT because it's impossible to compete in high end and made me quit shortly after HoT,

warrior spec on PoF launch wasnt any better either, it's just defense and revenge counter, boring as kitten and still the same, strength spellbreaker is probably the only decent attempt at making warrior viable without completely passive regen buff. but that's only after 6 years of complete incompetent from the dev team. it took them 6 years to make something at least playable for warrior without the need to completely delete it after 1 month.

while other classes already made their team and competed in the ATs, it's always like that for years. see warrior has now been unplayable for 4 months already.

why the most of the only relevant players left right now whos competing are all thief/holo/fb/rev mains? because they are always playable in mATs.

because most other mains just quit or stopped caring about pvp thanks to anet's incompetence.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> >

> > Or is it that to many bad players can’t handle a properly functioning warrior and QQ until it gets nerfed again?

> >

>

> This^ 100% but doesnt just apply to war, just war is one of the unlucky ones since feb patch. Most players that don't play war want it to stay underpowered for reasons I needn't mention.

True. Most people that play a single or overally very limited number of classes just cry relentlessly about anything x class can do, but their can't and automatically call it OP/unfair.

> @"Girth.9731" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

>

> When's the last time you saw Warrior in a tournament game?

I struggle to see how this question is relevant. Does not seeing a warrior in tournament mean that a sustain buff wouldn't become an issue? Past experiences proved that buffing warrior sustain substancially increase complains about warrior into the sPvP subforum. And since ANet tweak numbers and balance mainly based on the cry of the sPvP subforum, I can say confidently that increasing warrior's sustain might be a bad move to do. After all it's not like anyone will complain about warrior having more or less sustain in PvE (litterally nobody care about that in this gamemode, worse, if you seem to be slightly sturdier than average there, other professions tend to want you to get less damage in exchange).

> @"Bealis.6023" said:

> You need to compare it with other professions. It seems to me you just want warrior to be overperforming. See you in eso...except not.

Yes, and compared to other professions warrior is not represented in PvP at all. Only mesmer has anywhere close to as little representation. Nobody plays warrior in ATs, warrs didn't contribute in any meaningful way in MOTA. Once you climb past silver/gold divisions and people actually know how to play the game you stop seeing warriors. Why is that? The only time you'll see a warrior wipe the floor with someone is because that person is either facerolling or being entirely carried by their build and ate a bull's charge->100B->Arcing SLice->Whirlwind. Evidence for underperformance of warriors/mesmer is very accessible.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Bealis.6023" said:

> You need to compare it with other professions. It seems to me you just want warrior to be overperforming. See you in eso...except not.

Warrior has been one of my favorite classes since I joined GW2, and now I'm somehow doing better on classes I'm a complete noob at than I am on a class I've played for years. Are you really comparing it with other professions, or do you just want easy kills?

> @"Bealis.6023" said:

you realize most pvp warrior are actually multi classers right? because there's no way to stay relevant with how low warrior meta up time is, and warrior in general has very low carry power to get you to plat 2+. unless you duoq with a class with high carry power or you play one your own.

and unlike thief mains, you rarely see thief main play anything else, because it is almost meta permanently.

or just any class with a high meta up time. like holo, or FB before this meta, now fb mains are on other classes, tho it is no where near trash level like warrior.