Does Rifle DE have any place in SPvP

Luclinraider.2317

It's high DPS on PvE, it's possible one of the best roamers in WvW, but man...no matter how much I try, I can't get it to be worth a darn in SPvP.

It doesn't have the mobility, 1v1 potential, or survival of DD. Its main boon should be high burst +1...but I feel like there's just too much reflect to allow that. Ele's seem to have like a 70% reflect up time at this point. Holo's have a ton of of it, Guards have always had alot. I feel like no matter how I try to +1, if I see one of these 3 classes I just have to wave at my teammates and continue on to the decap because risking a shot will just 1 shot myself lol.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Any tips or is it just impossible to play DE rifle in SPvP?

I only play WvW so I can't tell you. Sometimes I'll slide into a camp point or SMC circle by probing with Scorpion Wire which won't one shot me but will pull me into them. It's wvw though so I have food that supplements Leech/Siphoning while also piling on to Divinity Runes. Once up close Silent Scope will let off Cloaked in Shadows and give me Leeching Venom, Hopefully Mark will Daze interrupt for Sigil of Draining, and then I mostly DJ as an opener with Shadow Siphoning since it's also under quickness, it's not easy sometimes to land it once you're sized up.

I shoot through Snipers Cover a lot for blinds and roll over it to stay behind but most will say don't bother with Kneel and they're probably right, especially in spvp where response probably has a lot of tight map experience behind it. I know most of the points in my maps where Death's Retreat can reach topography and scale some walls or fences but you have to know how to land it where you want to fast and I don't know if that would translate into spvp rotation. I like s/? to help Death's Retreat tether to points.

> @"Luclinraider.2317" said:

> It's high DPS on PvE, it's possible one of the best roamers in WvW, but man...no matter how much I try, I can't get it to be worth a darn in SPvP.

> It doesn't have the mobility, 1v1 potential, or survival of DD. Its main boon should be high burst +1...but I feel like there's just too much reflect to allow that. Ele's seem to have like a 70% reflect up time at this point. Holo's have a ton of of it, Guards have always had alot. I feel like no matter how I try to +1, if I see one of these 3 classes I just have to wave at my teammates and continue on to the decap because risking a shot will just 1 shot myself lol.

> Maybe I am doing something wrong? Any tips or is it just impossible to play DE rifle in SPvP?

Any thief is viable so long as you use shortbow 5 and decap and +1, but Rifle DE is one of the worst. But yeah, there isnt much to it. Port around the map, decap when you can, +1 any targets you can find and so on. As for reflects, theyre usually pretty limited, so just wait for them to time out and then attack.

It needs more skill, more knowledge abouts maps, and fingers but you can travel distance, staircase, walls etc with rifle #4. Actually you can roam, decap etc may be even better than other spec.

But you're right, rifle is quite more situational than daredevil, not always easy to burst down or +1 which is all the point in pvp, not to troll in an open field like in WvW.

Because of the projectiles and so reflects, so you need a better reading of the fights , but also because Marks cancel the effect of surprise.