BOTS in pvp - a source of frustration and stress

Vishnok.7059

I know there are bots in pvp matches...but now its gotten to a point where i am paired with 4 other bots that just follow each other and im against 1 player and 4 other bots that do the same thing.Its getting worse and worse and i simply cannot do pvp matches anymore,everytime i join for daily i get frustrated and stressed out because of this.

I dont think this is what ArenaNet intended pvp to be.

21 june ..sunday evening..in pvp matches queue its just bots fighting bots..imagine how much money they make and rank...and they probably doing their stuff...while WE..the stupid non botters get frustrated while actually playing the game....i wanna get THE Ascension..but all this horrible experience,and i mean horrible....IS IT WORTH IT?

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> I'm assuming the increase of two players going to cap home at start of every match is due to bots, hopefully anyway. Always good way to start a match.

Thwy could improve their bots by making they say home, and receive you in the process cuz they use chat, a win win scenario for them

> @"Fearless.3569" said:

> Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

> @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > @"Fearless.3569" said:

> > Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

>

> Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > @"Fearless.3569" said:

> > > Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

> >

> > Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

>

> Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

Years of incompetence? and if so....... are they blind too? these particular bots must have like 2000+ bot reports in their long years career, i mean come on now......You dont need proof for such numbers just like they didnt need proof to auto ban me..... me! A mixed race person for racism because i typed a song with the typical rap song n word.

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > > @"Fearless.3569" said:

> > > > Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

> > >

> > > Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

> >

> > Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

>

> Years of incompetence? and if so....... are they blind too? these particular bots must have like 2000+ bot reports in their long years career, i mean come on now......You dont need proof for such numbers just like they didnt need proof to auto ban me..... me! A mixed race person for racism because i typed a song with the typical rap song n word.

did they ban you or your forum account?

Lmao I wouldn't put it past anet to plant these bots for a population boost, go to gw2 reddit page and see the threads that players are calling out as fake lol.

I love this game

This game is amazing

I love this community

And so on......

One of them is the same thread made across multiple mmo reddits by same poster lol.

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > > > @"Fearless.3569" said:

> > > > > Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

> > > >

> > > > Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

> > >

> > > Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

> >

> > Years of incompetence? and if so....... are they blind too? these particular bots must have like 2000+ bot reports in their long years career, i mean come on now......You dont need proof for such numbers just like they didnt need proof to auto ban me..... me! A mixed race person for racism because i typed a song with the typical rap song n word.

>

> did they ban you or your forum account?

game chat and acount was baned for 1 week

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > > > > @"Fearless.3569" said:

> > > > > > Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

> > > >

> > > > Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

> > >

> > > Years of incompetence? and if so....... are they blind too? these particular bots must have like 2000+ bot reports in their long years career, i mean come on now......You dont need proof for such numbers just like they didnt need proof to auto ban me..... me! A mixed race person for racism because i typed a song with the typical rap song n word.

> >

> > did they ban you or your forum account?

>

> game chat

impressive, gw2 is the only game where im yet to get banned for insulting people, you must have done something special, be proud

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fearless.3569" said:

> > > > > > > Most players are starting to believe the bots are made by ANet to populate PvP. So if this is true. Than it would make sense for more and more bots to be added by ANet. As more and more players stop playing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Certain bots have been doing it 24/7 for years so yea they are arenas bots.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence.

> > > >

> > > > Years of incompetence? and if so....... are they blind too? these particular bots must have like 2000+ bot reports in their long years career, i mean come on now......You dont need proof for such numbers just like they didnt need proof to auto ban me..... me! A mixed race person for racism because i typed a song with the typical rap song n word.

> > >

> > > did they ban you or your forum account?

> >

> > game chat

>

> impressive, gw2 is the only game where im yet to get banned for insulting people, you must have done something special, be proud

>

i told you what i did, i typed a rap song that had the n world in it but when people wish me the typical disease and other stuff they dont get baned.

Today i got a ranger with dame of arena title botting, i could tell it's a bot cuz quality of hia decision making, constantly picking bad fights, never side node as ranger, really weird stuff.

Same dismiss as i right click hia name amd offline status to not be dodged

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> Today i got a ranger with dame of arena title botting, i could tell it's a bot cuz quality of hia decision making, constantly picking bad fights, never side node as ranger, really weird stuff.

>

> Same dismiss as i right click hia name amd offline status to not be dodged

could be bird main dropping rank after his bird cant do all the thinking for him PepeHands

• 8 months later...

Seems unlikely they are sabotaging their own game but overlooking sure. There are definitely bots though i just was in two matches with a party and one other human (one a guildie at that) with all other bots and entire other team bots. I know at least 10 bots by name. You can trick them by hiding or attacking something nearby to choose where they go, or get them to follow you as backup. Some seem to have cheats because they are not playing within their class expectations, esp devoid of a human to make decisions as things change. PvP is dead and Arenanet needs to make an update that prevents it so more of the PvP addicts who are real players will return!!